24Hr racing advice

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
@DMan, I found the answer!

Haha! That is bloody brilliant! I've just nearly completed Van 2.0 though. I've lifted the bikes up so I could build a large sliding drawer underneath. Plus an inverter+ VSR coming. I'm damn well going to use my microwave yet!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Are you doing the Lithgow 24 at the end of the year?
AusCycling love a regional centre don't they...
I wonder if they consider states that aren't NSW?

Maybe....... more maybe than the DW24 in 4 weeks

Given the "national 24 titles" haven't been contested since 2019 I've still got the stripes to defend I guess

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I hope you've put as much effort into your food prep as my wife. Pikelets are cooling. Life isn't all bad as Pit Crew Slave....
I hope the chips and shapes are for the pit crew... I'd likely choke trying to eat something that dry

DMan

AusCycling love a regional centre don't they...
I wonder if they consider states that aren't NSW?

Maybe....... more maybe than the DW24 in 4 weeks

Given the "national 24 titles" haven't been contested since 2019 I've still got the stripes to defend I guess
I hear you. Still Armidale would have been better. Might see you guys there then. 2am coffee is on me ;)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Got everything you need sorted @Cardy George?

I've been poking for more course info
Getting there. I have tubs and crates to chuck stuff in as I think of it so it doesn't get caught up in the day to day motions.

@DMan and Mrs Dman gave me some great tips on how to help my non-cyclist Mrs George help me. You guys are legends. And there's a few Coomie riders heading over for the 12 hour so she won't be all alone. The ex-VC is entered in the solo 6 on Sunday. He's had 3 years racing experience so he won't be a road block, and how many laps he actually does is irrelevant, just experiencing that track will be invaluable.

The camping is pretty much sorted. While we don't have a microwave like others we know, we will have our own power, maybe even a generator if our friends come along like last year.

I'll sit down soon and plan out my feeding strategy. I have the basic plan in my head, just need to write it down.

Changing bikes this close, especially the drive train, was never in the plan. The race is on to get it perfect in time. I had complete trust that the Procaliber was up to the challenge. The Supercal will make it, and it's much more fit for purpose, I'm just still working thru the little things like seat angle and suspension settings. And I'm a little light in drive train spares.

Lights are sorted. Daylight savings ends this weekend so I'll verify run times next week. I shouldn't need to, but charging said lights at our tent is possible.

We're heading over on the Thursday, all we'll need to do on Friday is set up camp as soon as we can get in. Hopefully even get a sighting lap.

DMan

Getting there. I have tubs and crates to chuck stuff in as I think of it so it doesn't get caught up in the day to day motions.

@DMan and Mrs Dman gave me some great tips on how to help my non-cyclist Mrs George help me. You guys are legends. And there's a few Coomie riders heading over for the 12 hour so she won't be all alone. The ex-VC is entered in the solo 6 on Sunday. He's had 3 years racing experience so he won't be a road block, and how many laps he actually does is irrelevant, just experiencing that track will be invaluable.

The camping is pretty much sorted. While we don't have a microwave like others we know, we will have our own power, maybe even a generator if our friends come along like last year.

I'll sit down soon and plan out my feeding strategy. I have the basic plan in my head, just need to write it down.

Changing bikes this close, especially the drive train, was never in the plan. The race is on to get it perfect in time. I had complete trust that the Procaliber was up to the challenge. The Supercal will make it, and it's much more fit for purpose, I'm just still working thru the little things like seat angle and suspension settings. And I'm a little light in drive train spares.

Lights are sorted. Daylight savings ends this weekend so I'll verify run times next week. I shouldn't need to, but charging said lights at our tent is possible.

We're heading over on the Thursday, all we'll need to do on Friday is set up camp as soon as we can get in. Hopefully even get a sighting lap.
Awesome! You sound ready. We have enough gear to handle 10 riders I think. Mrs George will be a pro by the end but I don't understand how you can possibly race without a microwave! Lunacy I say!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Most race villages will have a microwave in a pinch
LOL, we're 'slumming' it with a hiking butane(?) cooker. If our friends come along they'll bring their caravan so Mrs George will be fine. I'm only planning on a coffee at breakfast time, the majority of my caffeine will be from other sources.

DMan

LOL, we're 'slumming' it with a hiking butane(?) cooker. If our friends come along they'll bring their caravan so Mrs George will be fine. I'm only planning on a coffee at breakfast time, the majority of my caffeine will be from other sources.
Funny thing is most of my customers are other pit crew chiefs ;). Don't go for caffeine too early!