24Hr racing advice

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
How'd it go? Looked messy over night.
It was. Overall the tracks were in pretty good condition but in the low areas there were areas of slop. She ended up getting off and carrying her bike to avoid dragging the derailleur through the thick mud. I really appreciated that :). And hot as usual. Into the 30s which always makes hydration a challenge when the laps are 19km or about 1hr 40 ish long. Unless you are an elite male who are super freaks!. Jason English and co were punching out lap after lap at just over 1hr. Amazing. And the 2 teams of 6 whippersnappers (they looked all younger than 18) who were doing the 24hr were punching out laps of 58 minutes!
But we were very happy. She's been super busy this year and really struggled to make her training schedule. At times not making it. So she went in feeling underprepared. But she has grit and that core fitness, so still managed to do the same as last year. 240km and 3900m of vert. Very proud.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bike SA have gotten nervous about entry numbers 3 weeks out from the 24 and pulled the pin.

This is despite the entire country being conditioned to be late planners over the last 2yrs.

I know many who were planning on entering that hadn't got to it yet and would have committed with some honest and transparent nudging by the organiser about the situation

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I was disappointed by the length...

Which, coincidently, is another Mrs George text message
I could add in how much money and effort I've spent on stuff that could've waited, but I had to get an awkwardly timed new bike ready within a few weeks. That it's Mrs George's birthday today and I just cancelled her weekend away. The ex-VC found out via messenger chat. The list goes on.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I could add in how much money and effort I've spent on stuff that could've waited, but I had to get an awkwardly timed new bike ready within a few weeks. That it's Mrs George's birthday today and I just cancelled her weekend away. The ex-VC found out via messenger chat. The list goes on.
I'm still trying to decipher the last about Mrs. George's weekend away and ex-VC? The rest can't helped. You didn't know they were going to cancel it mate.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm still trying to decipher the last about Mrs. George's weekend away and ex-VC? The rest can't helped. You didn't know they were going to cancel it mate.
Mrs George treats the trips like mini holidays seeing different parts of the country. Ex-VC was entered in the 6 hour to see how much he could handle solo. He just found out via our clubs messenger group chat.

The bike gear is neither here nor there, it was going to be purchased eventually anyway. Just could've let the credit card recover a bit first.