ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hmm. Is the beer tent staying open all night I wonder? A post lap bevvy at 3am sounds like a thing :)

pliskin

Likes Dirt
A nice big dump of rain on Thursday will be ideal - if it stays sunny after that. Damp down the dust and settle things well - its all clay out there and likes a bit of rain on the trails. Any more though and its mud fest and mangled trails....
went out and rode the track sunday morning , it had rained a bit thru last week and all trails had held up very well. hardly any puddles or mud anywhere.

Haakon

went out and rode the track sunday morning , it had rained a bit thru last week and all trails had held up very well. hardly any puddles or mud anywhere.
Yeah, the soil out there doesn't mind the rain for the most part. But there are some sections that wont like rain + 20000 sets of wheels going over it...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I hear ya.... my beer gut and lack of time off my broken bike have me slightly worried.
If someone is worse off than me, then I'll feel better in myself. Is that wrong to wish bad things on good people?
B
Thursday look wet..... 10 -30mm of rain!
Mate, you're all good, just checked and it's down to 5-10. In the year of the chop, it was 100% for Friday 40-60mm on top of 30mm for Thursday or something like that - I was lazily packing and decided to go down Saturday morning because I thought it would be canned - it seriously rained that time

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Today was supposed to be my day of training.... instead it's been a day of raining.

Reckon there's time to go do majura pines before race start Saturday morning?

Or are there some fun trails nearby the mont site worth checking out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Rotorburn meet ups at the BesntSpoke beer truck each night at 7pm

Drop by for a beer, Al, if you're not too busy.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Today was supposed to be my day of training.... instead it's been a day of raining.

Reckon there's time to go do majura pines before race start Saturday morning?

Or are there some fun trails nearby the mont site worth checking out?

if you need to ride sat morning, go check put the trails at sparrow hill, just across the road . another 80+km of loops and trails

Haakon

Was out there at 7 setting up. Brrr...... Will be digging out my winter riding gear!!!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tracks seems pretty good, maybe easier then years before, seems like less fire road climbs. Maybe less descents as well.
Whole different track though, except they kept the last descent :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
if you need to ride sat morning, go check put the trails at sparrow hill, just across the road . another 80+km of loops and trails
Got a lap in this arvo of the race course. Pretty stoked, there's a lot of fun elements and nothing too brutal....well in one lap anyway, over 24 hours is another story.

Might check out sparrow or even majura if there's time.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Well a lap done as rider 3.... having a lay down.

I heard there was a medical emergency, maybe whoever dropped this needed stitches.

Sorry in advance, I was disgusted as well as astounded.
Edit* This isn't a ban offense right?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Well a lap done as rider 3.... having a lay down.

I heard there was a medical emergency, maybe whoever dropped this needed stitches.

Sorry in advance, I was disgusted as well as astounded.
Edit* This isn't a ban offense right?

The thing that always mystifies me is the lack of paper....

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, it just wouldn't go down .......

Had first 'race' lap a while ago, loved it, had music cranked on the nomad.
Last descent is fun

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Sorry, it just wouldn't go down .......

Had first 'race' lap a while ago, loved it, had music cranked on the nomad.
Last descent is fun
What straw have you drawn for your next lap? I'll be out from 1030 for a double if I can hold on. Other team mates have piked on riding the graveyard shifts so no riders out until 430-5 for our crew.