Search results

1. F

Vivid rc2 vs fox Dhx rc4

Getting a warranty on a 2016 vivid rc2 from a bike company when the shock was damaged because of a bent linkage. They don't have and vivid rc2 in stock, so have instead offered me a fox dhx rc4 Kashmir, which they have said is an upgrade. The dhx rc4 hasn't been made since 2015, making it older...
  2. F

Sprained wrist recover time

Sprained my wrist in a low speed crash about at week ago now. Think it was only a mild sprain, as there was no real swellng and general movement returned in only a few days, although it still does hurt on the pinky side when twisting. Problem is, I still can't ride with it, as when I put any...
  3. F

Enduro racing victoria

Just been noticing there has been nothing announced about and series this year, is one being organised. Were numbers down last year?
  4. F

How to know when jump is set?

Hey guys Built a new jump in my back yard, how long do you think it when take the lip set enough so I can be ridden. It's mostly clay soil, and is still pretty wet. Should I be able to see tyre marks in the takeoff or is that an indication of it being to soft? Thanks
  5. F

Storing bike outside

Hi am living away from home for a few months and there is no where to store my high end mtb inside. Is it alright to store it outside, it has a bit of a roof and will have a tarp over it. Am mostly worried about forks and shock getting damaged Thanks
  6. F

Trouble with shimano 1x11

It's a Shimano 1x11 drivetrain, with a 11-42 cassette. Runs and shifts perfectly until the lowest gear, and then runs and sounds like crap, also will jump, but only when pedalling. Chain and cassette are not very worn Any help Thanks
  7. F

Boxxer fork

Got a 2016 boxxer forks, which is about 10 rides old. Have noticed some paint wearing off the fork, and it now feels completely different to the other side. Additionally after riding I notice, what I think is grease stuck on the fork, this isn't a issue, but just wondering if it is related...
  8. F

Best time to visit NZ

Looking at visiting NZ later in the year, around November. Is that a good time to visit? Or is it better later, in Janurary? Thanks
  9. F

Rear shock stuck

When taking off my rear shock, I can get the lower axle off easily, but when I remove th Allen bolt from the top, and It should just slide out, it seems to be stuck, I have tried pulling reasonably hard, but it just wont't budge. (It's a rockshox monarch on a nukeproof mega 2015 frame) Any...
  10. F

Pistons won't compress on shimano

Pretty much what the titles says, have just done a brake bled. Now the Pistons won't compress the rotor Brake pads have heapsleft on them Never had a problem with this in the past after a brake bled. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks
  11. F

Dirt jumps melbourne

New to dirt jumping and looking for somewhere to ride real dirt jumps, not just bmx track, or the lysterfield ones. I know of the new one's in langwarrin but they are a fair way away from my house. Are the Croydon hills jumps still there and are they suitable for a beginner? Heard about some...
  12. F

1x11 conversion

Have just recently converted to a 1x10 to a 1x11, changing my shimano derailleur (mid cage) cassette, chain and shifter, but keeping my chainring(32 teeth oval). When indexing it shifts up perfect, but when shifting down it's really slow to shift into the third largest(32 teeth) and then...
  13. F

Fox forks question

I have a pair of 2014 fox talas 34 evo forks that are meant to be 160mm, but only ever seem to return to about 145-150 mm above the seal, whereas another pair I have that are meant to be fox 120mm return to about 130mm. Is this normal?
  14. F

Big Hill MTB park (Mount Beauty)

heading up to Big Hill for the first time what are the best trails to ride at Big Hill, more enduro, downhill focused
  15. F

Frame weight difference?

Just curious as to the difference in weight between frames sizes? As in small, med, large Thanks
  16. F

Long gully

Hi I live close to long gully and would probably be able to get out for some Thursday night shuttles. Just looking for a bit more information, How many tracks are there? And what is the difficulty, are they alright for a 160mm AM bike? What are the track like? And response wholly be...
  17. F

Practice jumps in melbourne

Looking for a stop in practice jumps on an mtb in and around Melbourne's eastern suburbs, looking for small to medium sized jumps in practice technique on, and gain more confidence, want to work my way up to the jumps on cressy descent at the you yangs. Thanks
  18. F

Rear shock rebound cap (how to put back in)

The rebound cap on my fox float boost valve performance series cap had come loose so I decided to take it off to see why, only problem is now I can't get it back in? Just wondering if anyone has any solutions so that I could possibly fix it myself. Thanks Declan.
  19. F

First downhill bike

Am looking at getting my first downhill bike, but I m not willing to spend to much money as I am just starting out. I was looking at getting an older model (2014 or 2015) but still new. I've tried bike shops but they all seem to be sold out, any other ideas where pick one up from, such as a...
  20. F

Rear mechanism question

After I land or ride rough terrain my rear dérailleur jumps and won't let me put in a pedal stroke without the chain skipping, anyone got any ideas on why this is happening? Rear dérailleur is a shimano xt, and bike is a giant anthem sx.