Rear shock stuck

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
When taking off my rear shock, I can get the lower axle off easily, but when I remove th Allen bolt from the top, and It should just slide out, it seems to be stuck, I have tried pulling reasonably hard, but it just wont't budge. (It's a rockshox monarch on a nukeproof mega 2015 frame)

Any help would be great

teK--

Eats Squid
I assume you've taken the wheel off so it doesnt weigh down the linkages and cause them to bind against the axle. Failing that u might need to give the axle a good whack with a nylon mallet. I've found using a thick wooden dowel inbetween is safer to avoid marring or mushrooming the axle.

Bearing race probably rusted to the axle so clean it up after removal and grease before assembly.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I assume you've taken the wheel off so it doesnt weigh down the linkages and cause them to bind against the axle. Failing that u might need to give the axle a good whack with a nylon mallet. I've found using a thick wooden dowel inbetween is safer to avoid marring or mushrooming the axle.

Bearing race probably rusted to the axle so clean it up after removal and grease before assembly.
And brace the frame when you strike. Otherwise you just loose your power into the void.