Trouble with shimano 1x11

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
It's a Shimano 1x11 drivetrain, with a 11-42 cassette.
Runs and shifts perfectly until the lowest gear, and then runs and sounds like crap, also will jump, but only when pedalling.
Chain and cassette are not very worn

Any help
Thanks

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has it done this from the start ? Or was good, then went bad. If its just happened, it may be a bent hanger/der as Moorey says.

If it been like this since you got it, L screw not low enough, L screw too low and cable stretched, chain too long and B screw needs adjusted, chain kinked, chain stretched, cassette tooth bent and maybe Shimano chain pin link stiff.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
It's a Shimano 1x11 drivetrain, with a 11-42 cassette.
Runs and shifts perfectly until the lowest gear, and then runs and sounds like crap, also will jump, but only when pedalling.
Chain and cassette are not very worn

Any help
Thanks
Just confirming when you say lowest gear you mean 42 or 11.....some people mix the terminology

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
How are the driver bearings? Mine skipped in 3rd,4th for half a ride then the driver blew up.

OTH Dave

Likes Bikes
I have same setup and after a few months from new started to skip and jump gears.
Check for gear cable tension / stretch. This fixed mine in seconds.
Not sure about low gear Issue. Could be B screw, bent hanger etc as mentioned above or maybe even chain alignment or offset.
check also that cassette has not come loose.