Search results

1. KALBO

what kind of pet ????

^^^I had a staffy-X that passed away... I have two kids 7 and 5 years of age and the dog was very good with them sooo... we now have a pure bred English Staffy (8weeks old) arriving on wednesday. Theyre actually referred to as 'nanny-dogs' coz they are good companions with kiddies.
  2. KALBO

The Photo Snob Thread

I've been lurking around here for a bit and quite scared of posting anything here but here goes. Hope you guys like it as I do. EDIT: sorry about the size. I'll make them a bit smaller next time.
  3. KALBO

The famous people you've met!

meeting in person and actually chatting with Dj Qbert, Yoga Frog, Beat JUnkies. Unforgettable. I wish I was still younger and still dj'ed.
  4. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

nahhh havent looked at Elements yet but I will now.
  5. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

^^^I wish so I can get the Adobe for cheap. Oh well.
  6. KALBO

Helmets for XC? cool helmet.

Met kaos ul I'm shopping around for a MET KAOS UL helmet. I think theyre AU$160(?) at wiggle. THis is supposed to be very light. 225g(?) I think. LIghter than the FOX FLUX and very well ventilated. Check it out! Looks really good too!
  7. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

just want to know if anyone here has used Corel Paintshop pro X2... I was thinking of getting this software as this is a less expensive alternative to Adobe. I've been taking photos and studying more about it for the last 6 -7 months. I figured its a good idea to practice with Corel first...
  8. KALBO

What do you eat/drink/do before a ride?

On weekends I have rice and eggs an hour before riding (xc)...cant help it, I'm asian. During the working week, I ride after work and I like munching on Oreos or picnic bars just before I start pedalling. Nothing in between.
  9. KALBO

Looking for riding buddies

^^^^yhep, I'm there now. Its great to see the BERM growing bit by bit:)
  10. KALBO

Photo quality lost!

HI all, I have noticed that whenever I post photos (on a car forum somewher), it is never as good quality as the original one straight out of my SLR. Why is this??? Is this normal??? Keep in mind that I am very new to this photography stuff. So here is what I do: 1 shoot photos with...
  11. KALBO

Should I switch to SRAM?

I'm running SRAM X7 shifters and SRAM X9 rear mech and they are smooth as butter. Though I've used Shimano before with no problems... I highly recommend SRAM components. I think they are also less bulky than Shimano shifters. SRAM it mate!:D
  12. KALBO

Dirt-Crits (CORC)

...Hi folks! CORC Dirt-Crits start this Thursday (05/11/09) at Majura. Registration at 5:30pm then race at 6:00pm juniors then D grade up. Anyone here participating???
  13. KALBO

Xc newbie

Running gets you fit quicker so when not able to ride, run around the block a few times at least 30 minutes. THis will get your lungs working fast BUT remember also that running uses different muscles than when you're riding a mountainbike. Have methods of training. Go out and do sprints on...
  14. KALBO

What are you listening to NOW?

Wolf Mother's new one. I just saw the clip for the first time this morning and cant remember the title! Good tho.
  15. KALBO

Over the bars to face plant + 2 more pics

...ohhhh my madonna!!! and I thought I was badly hurt with a fractured collar bone and dislocated shoulder xc riding!(I'm old). I hope you guys heal very quickly and learn from this as well.
  16. KALBO

The Photo Snob Thread

..hi mate. I'm new to this photography stuff and still learning. Can you elaborate on the settings you used for this one please. I'm only guessing that this photo had about 4 sec exposure:confused: maybe? Cheers!
  17. KALBO

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

ooohhhh raaaaahhhh! If I'm lucky enough, this will be my first real event! Getting nervous already.
  18. KALBO

SHIMANO-XT vs RACEFACE DEUS XC

SOLD TO XT's! ...Hi folks and thanks for all your very knowledgeable inputs! It really helped:) I am sold to the XT's without thinking any less of the Raceface of course. They (RaceFace) look really good but what I am after is something that will have little or no bad issues and overall...
  19. KALBO

...I have had a couple of people tell me that XT chainrings are very soft and will wear out a bit faster:confused:
  20. KALBO

....ahhhh yhep. My mistake there mate! I was thinking of Torpedo7 having them for $250 a few days back. Some are going at $210.00 (brand new) on ebay. Currently bidding on a set now.