Search results

1. rgy1993

Shock Eyelet Machining

Hi all, Recently got my hands on a Cane Creek DB Coil courtesy of a fellow 'burner. Unfortunately the bottom eyelet on it is 14.7mm diameter which will not work with the 15mm bolt on my Reign. I read an old thread on here that NS Dynamics use to machine out the eyelet to 15mm. Got in touch...
  2. rgy1993

Giant Reign Shock Mounting Question

Recently got my hands on a 2015 Giant Reign frame which I'll be swapping into soon. I prefer the feel of coil shocks over air, figured out I will need a 200 x 57 shock with a 550lbs spring. Had a browse around and I came across this...
  3. rgy1993

AM Surging forward (NS Surge Evo Hardtail Build)

Put together a new ride recently after realising I really don't need a full sus for most of the stuff I ride. Spent some time drooling over the Commencal Meta AM HT and then CRC Black Friday sales came along. Nek minnit I get a heads up from a rider here about the NS Surge on sale and before I...
  4. rgy1993

Old Schol 160mm Hardtail Frame Choice

So I was considering the purchase of a new ride around the end of the year and came across this - http://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-race-650b-black-2017-c2x21027599 - the Commencal Meta HT AM. 160mm up front with hardtail geometry to match sounds like a ball of a time and would cover 90%...
  5. rgy1993

AM Old School Cool - Giant Trance 2

So after tagging along for a few rides on rented/borrowed bikes the missus decided she wanted to give trail riding a go this coming summer. Set out to put together a bike for her that would handle local trails and not blow the budget. Bit tough finding something her size initially but came...
  6. rgy1993

relatively cheap fork options? 120mm, 26", straight steerer, QR or 20mm,

Hoping someone out there might be able to help me out with choosing options on a fork out there which meets above criteria... (dinasour by most modern standards). Fork is for the missus' bike, a relatively old school Giant Trance which is currently rocking a 100mm Reba if i'm not mistaken...
  7. rgy1993

AM Passé as - '07 Kona Coilair retrofit

Been a while since i've posted a bikecheck on here, the last time I did I think this forum was still called Farkin! After a little hiatus otherwise known as being broke as shit at uni I got back into riding last year, trails instead of BMX/DJ this time round. Wasn't sure where to start...
  8. rgy1993

XT Brakes Rebleed/Burp

Just put on a new set of XT-m8000 brakes this arvo, all good until I swapped the hoses around for the levers (came back to front for me). Front went in no problems but i stuffed up the rear while doing it and lost a little bit of fluid in the process. Not a whole lot but there's considerable...
  9. rgy1993

needing suggestions...

hi guys... was at school today and we had a meeting for NYAA, its this thing that is basically like another version of the Duke of Edinburgh award or something... but yeah.. im onto the gold one already and we have to start planning our camp for the end of the year... the good thing about...
  10. rgy1993

park sesh singapore style

soooo finally went for a fun riding sesh today in the heat... got the camera fired up and been glued to my computer for the past hour and a bit kickin up HDR pictures... im on the mtb with rigids, Azhar (ironmaiden on here) is on the mtb with squishies, ben is the guy on the black bmx and cam...
  11. rgy1993

thinkin bout a riding trip...

hi guys.. i was just discussing some ideas with my friends the other day and we were complimenting a sort of biking trip at the end of the year to somewhere... maybe up to malaysia, china and one option was australia.. so i thought maybe some of you guys could help me figure out: - the...
  12. rgy1993

rainy day in singapore..

right.. lots of photos to get through.. took a shitload today.. none of me unfortunatly.. im always behind the lens haha sooo.. the day started off fairly nice.. not too hot like it usually is.. ben (blackish bike) and oscar (white and red fly) came along for some mid afternoon riding...
  13. rgy1993

why bike?

just thought id post a school project i worked on for the last few weeks of last term.. the task was to create a video on why some things are more significant to you then others.. i did biking so i basically interviewed people about what biking means to them and added a soundtrack i played (part...
  14. rgy1993

park shesh with the kiddy bikes

so went ridin with a couple mates the other day... fun ride.. pretty hot day tho.. not many pics of me as im always behind the camera haha local kiwi rider jeremy: (not landed) gary: 2nd one wasnt landed.. and.. the one photo of me still failing at airing...
  15. rgy1993

the "post your broken parts" thread

just thought id start a thread for people to post their parts that theyve obliterated while riding... sorry if a thread like this has already been made i did search but nothin came up... anyway ill start off.. my friends old forks: no idea how but i snapped my sprocket on my kona a...
  16. rgy1993

I got a Fisheye!! (park pics)

just got a new fisheye on the weekend... early b'day pressie from me parents and managed to get a couple pretty sweet shots in from our park of my friends: none of me as my bike had a flat that day haha... im gonna try experiment with a couple flash rigs this weekend and...
  17. rgy1993

couple pics from singapore...

hey all.. new on the forums here and these are the first pics ive posted of me and my mates riding.. couple pretty cool sequences on here too.. me friend ben: the singaporean ben: he landed that whip btw.. and last one of me trying to air: comments wtv, go...
  18. rgy1993

rgy1993's street ride

hey guys... just joined up on this forum.. saw a link to it from another mtb forum and im originally from melbourne (well frankston actually but yeah..) and will most likely move back once i finish school here in singapore so i thought id join up... first post will be my ride here.. *last...