Old Schol 160mm Hardtail Frame Choice

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
So I was considering the purchase of a new ride around the end of the year and came across this - http://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht-am-race-650b-black-2017-c2x21027599 - the Commencal Meta HT AM.
160mm up front with hardtail geometry to match sounds like a ball of a time and would cover 90% of my riding, which realistically doesn't need full suspension.

I'm considering switching parts over from my existing bike into something similar as an everyday trail bike, and then perhaps getting a dedicated downhill-ish dual sus rig down the road when I can afford it, as a better 2-bike set up.

Trouble is, my existing bike is pretty old (2007 Kona Coilair) Have done some research and I'm struggling to find all too much which fits criteria to make parts easy to swap. Only ones that come to mind for me straight away are the NS Bitch (don't know how easy it would be to find one here). Hoping someone here might be able to give me some ideas of what else I can look for? :)

The criteria I need to match are:
  • Can take 160mm travel, 1-1/8 Steerer Fork (non tapered)
  • Threaded BB
  • 135 x 10 mm Rear Hub Spacing
  • 26" Wheels

Coincidentally, if anyone's got something which matches above and is willing to sell, give me a buzz ;)

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
First NS hardtail I found on crc fits your needs for $350.

Tempted to grab one myself and build with 120mm forks.....

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
First NS hardtail I found on crc fits your needs for $350.

Tempted to grab one myself and build with 120mm forks.....
Sometimes I miss the obvious! haha.. you talking about the NS Surge?

Looks bloody good! Off to count my pennies.. thanks for the heads up!

safreek

damn, thought we were talking proper "old school". Was looking forward to the thread :bored:

c2d61ba617c2a03faa77dc02dbe1fabc_full.jpg

old-man-on-a-pink-bike-man-girls-bike-rerun-stupid-human-1293103189.jpg

pbpic2328780.jpg

Last edited: