the "post your broken parts" thread

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
just thought id start a thread for people to post their parts that theyve obliterated while riding... sorry if a thread like this has already been made i did search but nothin came up...

anyway ill start off..

my friends old forks:

no idea how but i snapped my sprocket on my kona a while back... it just snapped while i was riding down the street:

MOXAB

Likes Dirt
These cranks came off my hardtail. I bent them only 4 hours after I bought the bike. I went riding with a mate to some DJs and on the way back it started pissing down. Anyways cos i had a brand new bike i was feeling really cocky and i tried to go down a massive hill as fast as i could. Not a good idea in the rain. Slide...Crash....Bang. Now I have $200 Truvativ Ruktion instead of these crappy $60 dollar cranks and a pretty nice scar. (click on thumbnail and on the pic the bend is more clear and there is an arrow)

Attachments

Last edited:

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha nice dcrofty i have done the exact same thing to my giant warp, plus about another 6 or 7 cracks! oh memory's of back in the day!

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First two are of my giant yukon back in the day! dirtjumping... clean crack through the frame... (first two pics)
Covoured by warranty! new frame! *just pedalling along... honest;)* and then it cracked again! (last three pics)
no more warranty :(
...no more yukon.

moral of the story: Yukons dont dirt jump very well.

Attachments

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
maybe im just retarded..

but whats broken on the sunday? haha

anyway.. heres a pic of my friends, friends bike..

no idea why he put a boxxer on a hardtail meant for lower travel single crown forks...

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
haha nice dcrofty i have done the exact same thing to my giant warp, plus about another 6 or 7 cracks! oh memory's of back in the day!
The first time I rode that bike I was doing the Oaks in the Blue Mountains when I came across another bloke riding one. So I said "nice bike mate" as a bit of a joke and he gives me a dirty look and says in a thick french accent "Zay are Sheeet! I break three already". Not a good start.

To be fair to Giant though I had that bike during my townhilling phase and subjected it to some horrendous drops to flat concrete before it broke so I was impressed that it lasted as long as it did.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The first time I rode that bike I was doing the Oaks in the Blue Mountains when I came across another bloke riding one. So I said "nice bike mate" as a bit of a joke and he gives me a dirty look and says in a thick french accent "Zay are Sheeet! I break three already". Not a good start.

To be fair to Giant though I had that bike during my townhilling phase and subjected it to some horrendous drops to flat concrete before it broke so I was impressed that it lasted as long as it did.
haha yeah same townhilling was the death of mine, from memory it was about 7 foot to flat grass. painful just thinking about it now! what was i thinking!

Batey

Likes Dirt
They don't work to well when they are like this.
I managed to get a new set under warranty and did the same thing to them but not as bad. Wouldn't get another set. the only thing going good for them is the warranty.