thinkin bout a riding trip...

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
hi guys..

i was just discussing some ideas with my friends the other day and we were complimenting a sort of biking trip at the end of the year to somewhere... maybe up to malaysia, china and one option was australia.. so i thought maybe some of you guys could help me figure out:

- the approximate price of say a week living in australia, havent been back in a while so i have no idea now...
-which place would be more worth the money to come down to, at this stage its probably between either darwin or somewhere along the queensland coast like cairns or townsville or wtv

just a few ideas would be cool..

edit:
forgot to mention were park/dj riders not cross country or anythin..

Last edited:

holdenutes_93

Likes Dirt
Well I am a Victorian and there is some great riding up in the Mt. Buller region as well as the Geelong/Colac region with the You Yangs and Forrest within close proximity. However I have also heard there is some great riding up near the mountains and coast in the northern part of Queensland. Hopefully someone from around there comes across this threads and decides to post some more information up for you and the general living cost will be quite high with accommodation being particularly dear around this time of year. I would be saying around about $200 per week on food and supplies for just one person plus your accomodation, hire vehicle, petrol and etc.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you will have trouble planning a riding trip because a large portion of tracks are hidden and legal/well-knowns are few and far between. Price per week can get really expensive if your staying at thredbo/buller.

bluegem

Squid
I think it may be slightly out of your pricerage but whistler in Canada has the best trails/setup/scenery I've ever seen.

Might be worth a look.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
sorry guys forgot to mention.. riding street park and dj so no real need to worry about hidden tracks or anything... just getting bored of the local park here :p

tidlibitz

Likes Dirt
what about going to someware like carns or townsville ect and hire a car and drive down to say brissie stopping at parks and jumps ect on the way ??

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed, i hear there are some dh tracks.. not many though, they should build in the cameron highlands!
I'm sure there are some DH tracks somewhere there, it's too nice an area for there not to be.

Actually, I remember the skatepark at some industrial estate ~40mins drive from the middle of KL was really good. 2 fairly big parks, one wood/metal and one concrete.

I wish I'd ridden back then, instead of being a shitty skater!

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Don't bother with Malaysia, there's like 1 good park in the whole country.
mustve been a while back.. theyve built like 3-4 great ones in recent years as far as i know..

anyway back to the original topic! :p
does anyone know how much the approximate price would be for a week living in queensland or the NT?