Search results

1. B

Just Hammering along when....

As the title says i was doing my best to hit everything as good as my limited skills and dubious line choice's allow. When an unusual noise started coming from my drive train, on closer inspection this was the culprit. Now i am not surprised it broke, as in the last 3 months it has picked fights...
  2. B

Flying with bike to france

Planning a trip to France later in the year and after any advice on peoples opinions on the best airline to fly with a bike, and cost. Flying to Paris and making my way down to the Alps, best way to get there with bike by car, train or bus?
  3. B

Bespoke chain guide

Just knocked out this 0 deg chain guide in the shed, screws were donated from work and unfortunately had to buy a slab of black HDPE and the roller. At about 60 bucks this is the most i have ever spent on making one ( with enough HDPE for about 20 more)
  4. B

Best Bits in and around Rotorua

Off to Rotorua on friday morning just after some opinions and advice on best tracks, spots to ride in or around Rotorua. As well as any other activities worth having a go at while i am there, cheers.
  5. B

Ghost DH Bike

Any one know if there is an importer for Ghost bikes from germany in Aus or Nz would not mind one of these. High pivot four bar, low leverage ratio, rising rate linkage, needle roller bearings in the high stress pivots, Ticks all the right boxes in my book.
  6. B

Car rental in new zealand

Off to Rotorua in october with the bikes but need some advice on hire cars. I can`t seem to find out if you can get one with a bike rack. Any advice on what vehicle and who is best to get one from would be much appreciated. There are two bikes and two people and we are flying into Auckland.
  7. B

My special Pitch

I wanted a six inch bike that could fit a coil shock along with geometry i liked and a low leverage ratio For a normal spring weight. I came across a brand new 08 pitch at a good price so stripped her down and built her back up with a more deserving spec, cheaper than a 2010 pitch pro:D Frame...
  8. B

Dmr Exalt

Just finished building up this light weight weapon for a mate Frame - Dmr Exalt Rear shock - twin piston legs Front shock/fork - Domain 160mm uturn Handlebars - Funn fatboy Stem - transition temple lite Headset - FSA big pig pro Grips - answer Saddle - wtb Seatpost - azonic...
  9. B

x fusion vector hlr

Any body have or used a xfusion hlr vector shock I am thinking about getting one on the account that nobody returns my emails on cane creek double barrel prices. Only like to hear from people who have actually used them not about other shocks etc.
  10. B

My bush pig

Here is the bike i have been meaning to build for a while now a do anything cromo hardtail that is a decent enough size for me to climb on. Just put it together tonight so its not set up yet and waiting on the front derailleur Frame - Ragley blue pig size 20 Rear shock - na Front shock/fork...
  11. B

front derailleurs on 83mm bb

Any body willing to try running a front derailleur with a double and bashy set up on a 83mm bb and 150mm rear wheel spacing
  12. B

cane creek double barrel

Does anyone know who sells double barrels in Australia and price, or if it is better to get one from the usa
  13. B

raceface diabolus cranks thread insert

Mate rings me up to day because he can`t get his pedals undone from his raceface diabolus cranks and me being half neanderthal he thought i could. after extreme exertion all i managed to do was undo the pedal insert and it started coming out anyone seen that happen before?.
  14. B

spring for rocco

Any body know what springs from other manufactures fox etc will fit marzocchi rocco shocks
  15. B

saintly goose

Just fitted my new saint derailleur and shifter to my goose and here is my specs Frame - Mongoose black diamond double Rear shock - Marzocchi rocco Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 66 rcv Handlebars -Funn fatboy Stem - transition temple lite Headset - FSA orbit z Grips - ODI ruffian gold...
  16. B

home made chain device finished

got hold of some high density polyethylene on the weekend so finished my chain device. And after extensive testing in bumpy rocky shit works perfect best $17 bucks i ever spent.:D
  17. B

home made chain guide

after being gobsmacked by the price of chain guides i thought i would have a bit of fun and make my own. So here some pics not quite finished waiting for some plastic for the top and i will give it a smoother finish.
  18. B

mongoose boot`r

Any one know an aus price for the new mongoose boot`r (black one)not the team boot`r(blue and orange) one.
  19. B

strong cranks

this is probably the best section to ask as you guys would stress cranks the most, so some thoughts on strong no nonsense cranks that don`t cost as much as a whole bmx bike.
  20. B

09 mongoose pics

Just found some pics of the new 09 mongoose bikes 2 downhill models the bootr team and bootr the freeride model the pinnr apprentice a slope style bike the nugget and the all mountain khyber super my favorite is the bootr