Search results

1. Simmo.

Little Gordon

I'll just say upfront, it does have swearing, but it's blocked out. Up to you whether you watch it, it's hilarious.:D Found these absolute gems on youtube just now, thought everyone else should check em out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQVt96sLAU- - Ep 1...
  2. Simmo.

'Buddy' Franklin kicks 100

If you missed it, Franklin kicked his 100th last night against Carlton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEGf4VFSf9Q Fev didn't get there though, left on 99.
  3. Simmo.

Farkin Wrist Bands

Ok, we've all seen recent talks of Farkin merchanise and whatnot, like caps, jerseys, etc. Anyways, you know how you can get those silicone wrist bands? The ones you see people wearing, that say, "Breast cancer" or "Dafodile day" or "Rockstar" or whatever? Got me thinking, why not we get...
  4. Simmo.

Found

Item: BMX for dirt jumping, park and a bit of commuting. FOUND
  5. Simmo.

World champs on SBS

Just looked in TV guide. Today at 11:30 on SBS, UCI world champs is on for an hour. Just thought I'd let you know, as last time it was on, some people missed it as they didn't know it was on. Hopefully SBS bring us a good broadcast of it like last time. :)
  6. Simmo.

Recommend me a cheap BMX

Looking at buying a cheap bmx. Looking at doing mainly dirt jumping, but maybe a bit of street and park, but mostly dirt. Budget around $250-300, just need something cheap to muck around on. (I do XC riding, so I know bugger-all about bmx...) Secondhand not an issue, have looked at the Norco...
  7. Simmo.

Traildigger Help

I mainly ride XC, but wouldn't mind getting a cheap (Around that $700 mark) bike to muck around on. Looking at doing dirt jumping, park and street riding. The Eastern Traildigger looks about right, but I have a couple of questions (yes, I've read the other threads on the traildigger, but I have...
  8. Simmo.

delete

Sorry, should have posted this in the XC tyres thread. Mods, you can delete this.
  9. Simmo.

Platforms for XC

Done a bit of a search, found a few topics on pedals, but most talking about clipless and not so much relevant to what I'm looking for. Anyways, I'm looking for a pair of new pedals for my 08 XTC 2. Lately, haven't been using it alot offroad, mainly commuting to footy training and back a few...
  10. Simmo.

Great starter xc bike

Search wasn't working after 5 or so attempts, so I don't know, maybe this has or hasn't been covered. Basically, looking at buying a new mtb, just need to sort out which sort of riding I like best. (DJ/DH and XC, just contemplating at the moment) Wondering, what would be a great XC...
  11. Simmo.

A Decision to be Made

Hey all, wanted to get a general opinion on different bikes and riding styles.:D I'm not in too-mad-a rush to buy, but would really like to buy within next 2 weeks or so, so I thought why not get some feedback on bikes I'm looking at.:) Today, I've been around local bike stores, testing out...
  12. Simmo.

Frame sizes for dj

What would be a good size frame for dirt jumping. I'm 6 foot+, still growing, so what would be a good size frame?
  13. Simmo.

Arcade Quick Link

Maybe we could add a link to the arcade: http://forums.farkin.net/arcade.php somewhere at the top of the board, say, where the News, Forums, Fiki and Photos links are at top right hand corner. Or even, just under the Quick Links drop-down menu.
  14. Simmo.

How often do you split tubes or get a flat?

I was riding around at a local development area, doing some pretty good jumps, hills and a bit of freeriding, when I split the inner tube of my rear tyre. Just wondering, how often would you split the tube or get a flat tyre, doing a bit of downhill, maybe light freeride or dirt jumping? :D...
  15. Simmo.

08 Norco Bigfoot

Looking at buy the 08 Norco Bigfoot, I think it's $1200. Looks like it's got pretty good gear for a beginner such as myself. Feedback, also, what sort of riding would the bigfoot be best at? Thanks.:)
  16. Simmo.

Looking to start up on the DJ scene...

Hey, new to the dirt jumping scene, and just wondering, what would be a good place for me to start. As to say, what would be a good bike to get me started. I'm currently looking at the norco 125, rival, giant stp 1, and here at Farkin an 04 DBR. Any tips and advice would be awesome. Cheers.:D
  17. Simmo.

5c Airfares?

Well, who would've thought... 5c airfares? Well, just read that Jetstar are looking at selling 5000 airfares, at 5c a piece tomorrow night. Not too sure how far you can fly with the ticket though. More info: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22792981-29277,00.html Also, I'm new around...