08 Norco Bigfoot

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Looking at buy the 08 Norco Bigfoot, I think it's $1200.
Looks like it's got pretty good gear for a beginner such as myself.
Feedback, also, what sort of riding would the bigfoot be best at?
Thanks.:)

fatass

Banned
The bigfoot is an "extreme trail" bike, as in hardcore cross-country/all-mountain. But honestly, who has used a bigfoot for that? Mine held up great for my first year of downhilling. So they excell at entry-level downhill and freeride, but for the price I think you could find something better for dirtjuming and street

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Norco make a model for basicly every type of riding, they'll have it covered so it comes down to exactly what your main core of riding will be. Assuming you will be doing DJ/4x/Street after posting the thread in here?

Dirt & Street Series
Ryde- $1199rrp
Havoc- $1099rrp

Shore Hardtail Series
Bigfoot- $1199rrp
Kompressor- $1149rrp

You could use any of those models for Dirt Jumping or Street but the Ryde & Havoc would be best suited. The Ryde is an extremely good looking little bike with a killer little spec too.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Sorry, maybe I posted this in the wrong section.
Not too interested in street/park bikes at the moment, looking more at freeride, dirt jumpers, all mtn or starter dh bikes.
The bigfoot just seemed to be a great bike for a bit of that.
Comments.
Edit: also, what speed does the bigfoot have?

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
For what I think you'll be doing, a bigfoot sounds great.
Yeah, it'll be initially used for a bit of trail riding and possibly freeride, thats why i was wondering whether a bigfoot could handle that. Eventually, maybe upgrade to better hyrdros and maybe fork, and then use it for dh, until I can go off and buy a proper dual-suspension dh bike.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Sorry, forgot to mention, would the stock Bigfoot be capable of a bit of dh, bit of singletrack and freeride?

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
hey
The bigfoot is a great bike, but for what you want to do with it, if i were you i would upgrade the forks, i think it comes with DJ 3's? I got a Kona Shred (08) it came with DJ 3's and I am looking to upgrade to Rock Shox Pikes, for a bit of LIGHT Downhill. Very tough fork, with travel adjustment (95 mm - 140mm)

so yeah i think that the bigfoot would last ya until you can get your hands on a proper D/H bike :D

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
hey
The bigfoot is a great bike, but for what you want to do with it, if i were you i would upgrade the forks, i think it comes with DJ 3's? I got a Kona Shred (08) it came with DJ 3's and I am looking to upgrade to Rock Shox Pikes, for a bit of LIGHT Downhill. Very tough fork, with travel adjustment (95 mm - 140mm)

so yeah i think that the bigfoot would last ya until you can get your hands on a proper D/H bike :D
Yeah, I'm going to go have at the 08 bigfoot this weekend, see how it feels in person, and see if I like it or not.
The DJ3's should last awhile, surely?

matty hall

Likes Dirt
I am looking to upgrade to Rock Shox Pikes, for a bit of LIGHT Downhill. Very tough fork,
:D

pikes are not a very tough fork at all, they are a light weight all mountain fork. They will most likley bend or snap if you try to do any big drops whilst doing freeride.

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
Ex Bigfoot Rider.

I was riding a 2004 Bigfoot frame, that I got from a mate for cheap, for a while doing similar riding to what you are considering. I found that it was a good, strong frame and I never had any dramas with it. I'm sure the 2008 version is better than the 2004, but even after years of abuse there was no structural damage to the frame.

I bought some pike 454s for it coz I thought I'd be doing more dh, shuttle, freeride rides etc. The fork was sweet for that although my riding kinda changed into more DJ and street cos I couldn't get to the mountains!!

As for the pike being a lightweight fork, I have had no problems, I guess if you are planning on some nasty landings then there are tougher forks out there now. The pike is an old (ish) model that's been around for a while but still a good option.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
I was riding a 2004 Bigfoot frame, that I got from a mate for cheap, for a while doing similar riding to what you are considering. I found that it was a good, strong frame and I never had any dramas with it. I'm sure the 2008 version is better than the 2004, but even after years of abuse there was no structural damage to the frame.

I bought some pike 454s for it coz I thought I'd be doing more dh, shuttle, freeride rides etc. The fork was sweet for that although my riding kinda changed into more DJ and street cos I couldn't get to the mountains!!

As for the pike being a lightweight fork, I have had no problems, I guess if you are planning on some nasty landings then there are tougher forks out there now. The pike is an old (ish) model that's been around for a while but still a good option.
Not looking at too hard-a landings on it, but definetly a bit of jumping would be one means of use for the bigfoot, seems that bigfoots quite the bike for me than. Just need to check it out in person, should be right.:cool:

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i am getting the norco bigfoot 08 too!:) i'm gunna be doing the same kinda stuff as simmo, then eventually upgrade the forks and do some other upgrades to the bike

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Norco make a model for basicly every type of riding, they'll have it covered so it comes down to exactly what your main core of riding will be. Assuming you will be doing DJ/4x/Street after posting the thread in here?

Dirt & Street Series
Ryde- $1199rrp
Havoc- $1099rrp

Shore Hardtail Series
Bigfoot- $1199rrp
Kompressor- $1149rrp

You could use any of those models for Dirt Jumping or Street but the Ryde & Havoc would be best suited. The Ryde is an extremely good looking little bike with a killer little spec too.
Don't forget to mention the Kompressor is a Junior - 24" wheel bike. It's not a 'small bike for big guys'. It's designed with spec in mind for the Junior rider.

Bigfoots are A1 value for all round riding, and will give you an insight into what styles you may end up leaning toward for your next big purchase!!

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive currently got an 07 big foot and it is perfect for everything. i have done everything on it. its good on a bmx track, dh track, and on the cross country loops. its perfect for a begginer such as yourself
it was great for me when i began. hope this helps your decision

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Yeah, cheers everyone for input.
Going to look at 08 bigfoot tomorrow, maybe test ride it, see how it feels.
Will need to get a decent sized frame though, maybe a large, because I'm 6foot+ still growing.:)
But yeah, 08 bigfoot, looks awesome for beginner to find what sort of riding I most enjoy.

Edit: maybe this should be moved to general mtb or parts n stuff, not too sure.

Free-AgentBMX

Likes Dirt
Hey Simo..
The bigfoot is an awesome beginners bike...i had an 07 and it was great, i had no trouble with it..the 08's will be something special..if u have $1200 the bigfoot is the way to go! Also if your after a dj bike...any of the kona hardtails are fantastic! great price and value for money!!

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
i am getting the norco bigfoot 08 too!:) i'm gunna be doing the same kinda stuff as simmo, then eventually upgrade the forks and do some other upgrades to the bike
Yeah, I was just talking to free-agentbmx on messenger, was saying I'd possibly upgrade to juicey 3's, and possible Marzocchi 55R, like on the sasquatch, if the bigfoot frame could handle it.

Would the current setup on the 08 bigfoot be able to handle xc? (I know they're not specifically made for it, but could they?)

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i don't really do x-country and i don't know what you do in it. But what do you do in cross country is it like riding around the place and doing lil jumps, or something like that???

maybe somebody does know a bit about x-country and could post and give you an answer. lol where as i know nothing about it...:confused: