Frame sizes for dj

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
What would be a good size frame for dirt jumping.
I'm 6 foot+, still growing, so what would be a good size frame?

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would a small frame still suit me alright though?
its impossible for us to tell you all frames are different some smalls are big, some are smaller than others.

why don't you go and ride some and see if you like them.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Alright, better yet, do taller riders find smaller frames comfortable to ride on (asking for any experiences with smaller frames.)

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright, better yet, do taller riders find smaller frames comfortable to ride on (asking for any experiences with smaller frames.)
i like them smaller but a bit longer so i don't bang my knees im 6' 4'.

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
propabaly not... go to your lbs and have a ride of different sized framed bikes

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I'm going to a few bike stores over the coming week, try out different types of XC, full and ht, and DJ bikes, and all sizes, see which size suits me best.
But yeah, just wanted to get an opinion from others, who ride a smaller frame DJ bike.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Jes Lenosky is around 6ft and he ride a 14.5'' frame so it easier to pop trick correct me if im wrong.​

ando_freeagent

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i ride a meidum frame its a norco 125 i find it nice and im 5 foot 7 i'd like it smaller on dirt jumps but its good size for downhill i find for me

djfr

Likes Dirt
im 6 ft tall and i prefer a smaller frame but not too small for example when i ride a mates stp2 14.5 i dont like it but when i ride another mates 13.5 it feels sweet but it could be because my bike is a bit smaller and im used to it

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
well um........if you are doing dj's you'd want a small frame so it's easier to whip and do trick's, but it's depends on what frame size that you feel that is the right for you and for what you want to do.

-steve

sim_doggy

Likes Dirt
Mmmm..... for DJ's my oppinion lies with a smaller frame, I'm 5 10' and ride a small.

But maybe if your begining a medium would inspire some more confidence.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
Been looking at bikes all day today, and found at least a medium sized frame would be needed for me to feel comfortable on the bike.