Search results

1. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Tristan hows the Hasselblad coming along? Started getting my film back from Tasmania. Thankyou for the recommendation for rdfl.com.au ... they did an awesome job! I also now highly recommend for anyone developing any sort of film in anywhere to use them!
  2. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Good buy Tristan! I am shooting Potra 160. Haven't got the 500cm, just the 500c. Still love it! Going to Tassie for a roadtrip for the next month... So excited to shoot some epic landscapes.
  3. Ek155

Guilty Attractions

Yep. and Yep. Not guilty at all for that one.
  4. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Killed it with this one Tu plang. Smashed it. Anyway thought I'd throw in an argument for using film over VSCO.... just for the excitement you get from clicking the shutter and hoping all calculations you have done and put into the shot turn out. The excitement from getting a roll of film...
  5. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Craig, absolutely nailed it. Just something I was thinking though, when it came to this photo in the new flickr 'feed' thing, I kinda scrolled over it. I mean, you nailed the exposure and composition for what you wanted and it is a stunning picture, but I just feel like I've seen this photo...
  6. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Just a floating question... Anyone in Sydney had any experience processing 120 film? Any recommendations if so?
  7. Ek155

2013 Snow Thread

The Ark Ski Shop in Artarmon. Harry's a good bloke.
  8. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Yeah it's good to hear what you think about it, feedback is feedback, in the end it's what you think that counts. So maybe not a 'throwaway' - but I was just comparing to the standard of your other photos - ie that Chamonix series. In terms of flat - I mean its all to evenly exposed for the mood...
  9. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Tu Plang, Sorry to say it dude, but I think that one's a throwaway. There is just no interesting light in either the colour or the b&w - you did everything right, except the situation let you down. Unless in PP you somehow pull some more contrast and vibrance out of it, it is a pretty flat and...
  10. Ek155

Dubstep+ drum&bass

Sick tune man. Just found this, loving it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTCsMXk_iro
  11. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey Snobs, Just looking for some advice on film scanners - anyone had any experience with them? Looking at making the investment, any advice on what brands are superior/what are the most important features? Cheers PS Ango those shots of the fire at Harrietville are ace. Well done man!
  12. Ek155

Dubstep+ drum&bass

Indica, is it you playing with Tunnidge at one22 on the 27th?
  13. Ek155

Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

Yea dude went to the SYD show and it went off! 2 hours solid. Fkn good mix of songs and outrageous energy.
  14. Ek155

Four more years

Re: Secession. Reminded me of this haha http://youtu.be/0R92mcTzWRw
  15. Ek155

Four more years

Matt H, agreed with a lot that you have said. You read Paul Krugmans blog? It's good, get onto it. I'm a 3rd year eco student too. Registered Nutcase - there is plenty of info out there on what happened in financial markets over the past few years. If you are genuinely interested type it into...
  16. Ek155

Four more years

What do you think of the idea of the fiscal cliff occurring then? Up for it? If my interpretation of your views is right then you are?
  17. Ek155

Four more years

Please tell me how well 'modern theory' austerity measures are going in Europe?
  18. Ek155

Women, etc.

Good luck with it all man, keep your head up.
  19. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Definitely Gopro. Quality is unreal for the thing, just make sure you're shooting in the right mode for what you want and exporting to whatever site you're going to upload in the right format. 60fps 720hd is pretty unbeatable, or 30fps at 1080. So, a question for the snobs, when taking...
  20. Ek155

The Photo Snob Thread

Andrew, mate I think there is a whole lot of room for improvement on these. Like it has been said so many times in this thread, really think about the image you are composing before you click. With both of them, there doesn't really seem to be a true subject, and as a viewer I'm left wondering...