Search results

1. G

Effectively using a stationary trainer.

I have the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine, and I love it as its quieter than any other trainer I've used / seen. Resistance is good as well, I run out of gears / resistance quite easily on my cheapy from Anaconda that I bought years ago. The Kurt also has a published speed vs power curve which...
  2. G

The stupid questions thread.

From my understanding of road cycling, the winner shares the money with the team. Both riders, mechanics, soigneurs etc get a slice of those winnings, couldn't tell you the split and I think its agreed on a team by team basis. Now that may just be for road cycling though, as its pretty much a...
  3. G

Who uses their CTD

SC Solo w/ the Kashima CTD fork and shock. I use C for riding on the road to the trails, and have left it mostly in D and not noticed any real negatives so haven't really tried T that much. With everyone else talking up T mode I might have to give it a whirl though.
  4. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

First MTB ride for the year, first over the bars for the year (and the first accident on my Solo...), plus the first time I've hit my face in an accident! Great year so far!
  5. G

forum search??

I did notice that searching for "STP" came back with 0 results, just assumed search was broken and moved on, but looks like that would line up with your findings...
  6. G

How many pushy's ya got?

Bikes I Use: 1 x Trail (SC Solo) 1 x Cyclocross/Roadie (Merida Disc jobby that spends most of its time as a roadie) 1 x Cargo / Kids bike (2006 Mongoose Tyax w/Xtracycle + Wee Ride child seat) 1 x 29er SS Fully Rigid (GT Peace 9er, mostly used with Wee Ride child seat at the moment as well) 1 x...
  7. G

Not happy with insurance repair offer. What are my options?

I work in the IT department of a large insurance company group, and agree you really really really need to read the full PDS about what is and isn't covered. Especially on those offering the cheaper premiums. Not saying the companies won't try and weasel out of some things that should be...
  8. G

Effectively using a stationary trainer.

Also, 'The Sufferfest' videos make it not so boring and give you structure. http://www.thesufferfest.com/
  9. G

Unicycles

I have one of the Aldi unicycles, but haven't learnt to ride it properly yet. I can ride 5m in a straight line and need to lean on something to get started. There's a lot of youtube videos on learning to ride a unicycle. For mucking around there's nothing wrong with them, especially at that...
  10. G

Aldi bike stuff

My 3 year old daughter wants to work on her bike while I repair mine... should be good enough for her bikes though?
  11. G

Not a lot. But it'll be fun. Also, don't let a 2.5 year old hold the tube, they'll just create a nice puddle on your back deck that is a slippery hazard.
  12. G

I liked my Forerunner 210, which has gone missing somewhere, probably misplaced by my daughter. Only issue is the watch band is not replaceable, and is falling apart and now held together with rubber bands and electrical tape. Only thing I wish it did was the silent vibrating alarm. Had...
  13. G

I know people who use them as a step / movement counter, but don't know anyone who looks at the sleep quality side. I would like the fitbit wrist bands silent vibrating alarm functionality, so I can get up for a ride without waking the other half, but again, not justified for $100+. Would love...
  14. G

Queensland Gravity Enduro State Champs.

Sorry Andy, wasn't asking if it was ok to go in Sports category! Was just checking that amount of travel + tyre choice would be ok! I'd much rather come 50% of the way through the field and be pushed hard than come 1st where I shouldn't be.
  15. G

Queensland Gravity Enduro State Champs.

Hi Andy, I've got an SC Solo with the stock 2.3" High Roller IIs EXO tubeless. I'm not planning on being on the podium, all good? Still making sure I can get a leave pass for this one...
  16. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Put deposit down on an SC 5010.... and started stripping the old girl to build it up for a mate (with his parts) while selling off parts to fund more new gear...
  17. G

Watching World Cup with shit Internet...?

On my laptop now, plugin is called DownloadHelper.
  18. G

Watching World Cup with shit Internet...?

Wifi on my laptop stuffs up when it starts running hot (which it likes doing). So after about 10 / 15 minutes of watching it starts to chunk like mad. I have successfully used an FLV downloader to grab the videos (DH and XC) after they've finished streaming, and then watched later. Not on my...
  19. G

why arent dh racers wearing gay skin tight suits?

Here's the accompanying image for it... the annotations aren't mine, just what I found on the net....
  20. G

Non freeride DVDs.

"24 Solo" - http://www.amazon.com/24-Solo-Jason-Berry/dp/B000TSP4LS/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1345282245&sr=8-12&keywords=24+hour+solo