Search results

1. Roadie Rob

A sad day for Women's health

Many of you would have seen me on the trails on a Sunday over the past 7 years getting girls out on the trails having a heap of fun. Well this Sunday will be the final Real Adventure Women's program supported by Brisbane City Council. Due to the necessary cost cutting Council have had to can the...
  2. Roadie Rob

Sat arvo fun ride Gap Creek

I have a heap of my riders say they want to go on an easy fun ride, so here it is, we are meeting at Gap Creek Park at 3.30pm this Saturday arvo. Plan is between myself and the Taylor Cycles crew we are doing a ride where no one gets left behind. Not coaching but a roll around the trails without...
  3. Roadie Rob

Saturday morning surprise.

The log square at the park at Gap Creek had to go to make way for some new drainage, so Schuey from BCC asked if it would be a good idea to get a skills area happening and recycle the timber, my obvious reaction was hell yeah, so we combined the effort of BCC, Australian Bush Trails and Roadie...
  4. Roadie Rob

Trail closures 02/08/11 gap creek controlled burn

Council will be carrying out controlled burns between Jacksonia trail and Dingo trails on Tuesday the 2nd of August there will be a few trail closures for your safety so please obey signage. Trails to be closed will be, Jacksonia, Cookatoo, Dingo, Rocket Frog, and possibly Skink Link.
  5. Roadie Rob

Oxfam Trailwalker

This has been mentioned just as a post but it's probably good for everyone to know that this weekend starting from Friday the 17th is the Oxfam Trailwalker, http://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/brisbane/ it's a charity event and it won't be on MTB trails at all but you may come across around 1200...
  6. Roadie Rob

Emergency Trail Care Sat 29th

Even Campbell Newman says it's time for the mud army to hit the parks so this is it this Saturday. From Gillian, An extra trail care session has been arranged. This Saturday, 29 Jan Meeting at 7am At the container on Gap Creek Reserve. We'll pair up and attempt to walk as many...
  7. Roadie Rob

Gap Creek Trails Closed from 21/1 till further notice

Hi guys and girls, I've been talking with the guys at BCC, the trails at Gap Creek are definitely closed until further notice. Gap Creek looks pretty well like a pile of mud even the higher trails have water coming up through the ground and the BCC crew are seconded to looking after suburban...
  8. Roadie Rob

Dingo Trail Closed Monday 29th Tuesday 30th Mt Coot-tha Brisbane

Australian Bush Trails will have the excavator working up on the Dingo trail Monday and Tuesday, I have a heap to get through in 2 days so would really appreciate it if none came up or down Dingo for the next couple of days so we can get some sweet new berms shaped and drainage lines for your...
  9. Roadie Rob

NRG Club Racing 18/10/09

New exciting venue suitable for all levels and fitness. 5.2k loop Gav did 2 laps in 40minutes. Any MTBA club members are welcome but all riders must be MTBA race license holders No Day Licenses so join up your local club to get into the fun. MTBA Memberships Available on the day...
  10. Roadie Rob

NRG Club Racing *****NEW VENUE**** 16/08 Brisbane

New exciting venue suitable for all levels and fitness. 5.2k loop Gav did 2 laps in 40minutes. Any MTBA club members are welcome but all riders must be MTBA race license holders No Day Licenses so join up your local club to get into the fun. MTBA Memberships Available on the day...
  11. Roadie Rob

NRG Sunday arvo ride

Last Sunday we at NRG Cycles, were lucky enough to have Matt from the Specialized University to bring out a fleet of S'works Epics and Stumpjumpers for the staff and some clients to have a ride on. It was awesome to have our choice of about 60 grands worth of bikes to ride and Matt's knowledge...
  12. Roadie Rob

MTB Skills Springfield 15/01 9-11am

Delfin have organized me to do a skills session out at the MTB skills course Thursday the 15/01 from 9-11am booking essential. Please excuse the spelling their ad department must have had a bad day.
  13. Roadie Rob

MTB Skills and Sports Park Opening Sat 06/09/08

This Saturday out at Springfield Lakes is the opening of the new MTB Skills and Sports park between 2 and 5pm.There'll be something for everyone. The Specialized test bikes will be out there to try before they are sold for next years models, I'll be doing some skills coaching on the obstacles...
  14. Roadie Rob

Monthly XC racing Brisbane

Kenmore Cycling Club have kindly allowed NRG Cycling club team up with them to run monthly club racing at their venue at Mt Crosby. Each club will alternate in running the event. Private Property No practice outside of race day First Race will be run by NRG Cycling Club on Sunday the 27th...
  15. Roadie Rob

NRG Night Ride Tuesday 6pm NOW WEEKLY!!!

We are getting things flying again on the club front so the Tuesday night ride will be going from the shop NRG at the Homemaker Center Jindalee this Tuesday night plan is to be rolling at 6pm for some very different MTB night ride action. 2hr night ride so Intermediate fitness and skill...
  16. Roadie Rob

Something for everybody

Well I'm feeling well flogged from a big day at the office, the Beer is going down nicely but I think you'll agree they'll be something new for everybody. Just gotta rejuvenate for tomorrow for Chelmer Bike Park. Nurses for everybody Bowman and Payne for the kiddies
  17. Roadie Rob

Summer of Cycling (Track) 15-18 of December

A great few days of track racing, I support the Redlands Track Carnival each year as Billy does a fantastic job at getting everyone together and on the track. If you've never been to the track get out to this one, it's a great day out for everybody. Details Here
  18. Roadie Rob

Trail Care Gap Creek SUNDAY 25/11

That's right this weekends trail care is on Sunday so people normally doing sport or working can come. So come along fix some trail, have a BBQ, and ride some of the latest Specialized and Avanti bikes. This will be the last chance to do trail care at Gap Creek this year, as the 15th of December...
  19. Roadie Rob

Pics from today MTNX at Illinbah

Some pics from todays MTNX Hicksy low and fast. Bit of Kiwi speed Good to see multiple lines and stylin'
  20. Roadie Rob

2006 Specialized Epic****SOLD****

Item Description - 2006 Specialized Epic Size - Small, suspension air adjust to any weight Price - $1950 ono Condition - Excellent less than 12months easy riding Extra Info - One of my riders upgraded to new bike, Juicy 5 brakes XT, Rear mech, Stylo cranks, Brain Fade rear shock...