A sad day for Women's health

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
Many of you would have seen me on the trails on a Sunday over the past 7 years getting girls out on the trails having a heap of fun. Well this Sunday will be the final Real Adventure Women's program supported by Brisbane City Council. Due to the necessary cost cutting Council have had to can the program, so not only the MTB but all the sports that have been involved over the years. It's very sad because a lot of girls that had never even heard of sports like mountain biking won't get to hear about them. I will try and continue to run the RAW rpogram hopefully with the support of sites like this, but it will be hard to get the word out to the non-riders arond Brisbane that aren't on forums. If you're on Facebook like the Roadie Robs Bicycle School Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roadie-Robs-Bicycle-School/201946403199063?ref=hl you won't get spammed I only post when something is on, as sharing when the rides are on will get the word out to the greater community.

Lastly I'd like to thank Brisbane City Council very much for supporting this program over the years it has got 1000's of women out enjoying sports they probably would never have given a go. It's easy to bag them when they have to do what they have to do but we should support them for starting it inthe first place.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Sad to hear. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen you out at Gap Ck with a Lady new to the sport, without fail they've always got a smile on their face.

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
Well done for such an awesome effort. As sad as the programs closure is, your legacy will continue as all the girls you helped get started will encourage their friends to get into the sport too. I suspect after the program is finished, you will not realise just how much you have done for future generations of those you have done so much for.

Chin up! You're a legend to those girls!:clap2: