Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

binner

Hath shat hymself
Are you weighing as you go? Keeping a tab on weights and guestimating or just fuck it? Composting loo?
am keeping a loose tab, but will wait till dry then get mobile weigh. All the cabinets and framing is either Falcata ply or meranti, heaviest pieces for interior at the moment are the divider and seat cabinets washbasin, which is MDF

was all go on using enerdrive for all elecs but Iv'e shifted to using other lower cost brands to see how they go with same warranty periods etc etc...we shall see

need to add DC to DC box, 12V fuse box and Cowfish 5G box to the Brains wall

Attachments

Last edited:

Haakon

As expected, the big end shells are mostly fine. Weird markings on the journals though…

But for the $30 a new set of shells are, they’ll get put back together with new ones.

IMG_5105.jpeg
IMG_5106.jpeg

Haakon

That looks like water marking. Polished the journal with a scotchbrite pad.
It does indeed. Stuffed if i know how though - its 100K old, I've had it since 12K and its lived on 7500km oil changes the time ive had it. It was parked up for 18 months here, but doesnt explain how water got in there. Mains don't have the marking. Quite odd.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It does indeed. Stuffed if i know how though - its 100K old, I've had it since 12K and its lived on 7500km oil changes the time ive had it. It was parked up for 18 months here, but doesnt explain how water got in there. Mains don't have the marking. Quite odd.
Condensation when it was parked up?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Haakon

Condensation when it was parked up?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
I guess so, but wouldn't have expected that to get in between a journal and bearing shell... The oil that came out was pretty feral looking for only having 3000kms on it too, so Im thinking it got a fair bit of fuel contamination from those kms running on horrible timing and excess fuel delivery.

Oh well, a full set of main and big end shells cost about 80 bucks so will clean it all up and reassemble. Those big end shells looked mostly ok, but given the kms on the engine and way its been serviced I would have preferred they looked better.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It could be a water stain from the last time you removed the head and it's ended up in the oil gallery.