Recent content by Yeti575

1. Y

The Single Speed Thread

BigJD, I think you'll find that the SS will will allow effort less hill climbs that will see you at the summit before the common rider that has all that non essential weight and power sapping rubbish hanging off the back of the frame. That's my 10 cents!!!
  2. Y

Rigid SS a fully sick option for stonefly or fully thick? now with result!

I'll be riding SS until my knees pack it in, until then gears just suck, so If I can't single speed it, I'll walk it.
  3. Y

Rigid SS a fully sick option for stonefly or fully thick? now with result!

I have a single rigid Niner and was just talking about Buller with my mates and wether it was doable. Based on your advise we might just give it a crack then. I always thought Buller would need some suspension and a couple of gears thrown in for good luck. Cheers
  4. Y

Post your Roadie

2011 Supersix Another Cannondale to the collection.........
  5. Y

Chinese Carbon 29er

Photos of the china 29na. Mate, you need to post some pics of your upgrade, looks the goods!!!!!!
  6. Y

gravity 12hr

Bright should be great, nice lead up to the Otway Odyssey...
  7. Y

Post your 29er!

The Flash Thought I would post the new rig, haven't got it dirty yet but this weekend should fix that .... Being SS it should come in under 8Kg.
  8. Y

Chinese Carbon 29er

Who was the nice guy that sold them to you that cheap???
  9. Y

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Brake pads Hey just worked out why you are going through pads so quickly, its obviously bike weight, near on 12kg for an xc bike is a tad heavy. What you need is a hardtail single speed (bike weight 9kg or less) then you would have eliminated the excessive weight and therefore placed less...
  10. Y

Any rigid SS 29ers at 100 km events?

Nath8, take note of this comment, as you too could bust your nana on your rigid Unit in the OO.....
  11. Y

The Single Speed Thread

you need a set of rigid carbon forks, they will soften the ride...
  12. Y

Ultimate road machine.....

Here's one to think about, if money was not an issue, what would be the ultimate road bike? You never know, your lucky numbers may just come up one day.
  13. Y

Ultimate XC Bike

The creak, as you know originates from the cranks, its not frame related. Is that all the mud you can sling at the Yeti....
  14. Y

Ultimate XC Bike

Yeti ASR all the way. Have had mine now for 2 years and couldn't think of anything else at this stage that I would rather be riding, other than the ARC. I thought the 575 was the business, it was quick, but the ASR-SL just accelerates out of corners and is just a blast to ride. As far as the...
  15. Y

Beechworth Mountain bike park

I'm obviously going on my own then???????