Beechworth Mountain bike park

HazaMTB

Likes Bikes
HEY

Has anyone being going to the beechworth MTB park recently??

Its pretty awsome!

It has a downhill track but most of all a xc track which i love its a bit hily, it has rocky section with some jumps off rocks and see- saws so great for all ages

Check it out in beechworth, vic near wangaratta

i swear you will love it!

HAZ:D

Hud

Likes Dirt
Rode it recently and was disappointed with the changes to the xc track. With respect to to Paul & others who maintain the park, I found that a lot of the flow is gone. Beechworth was one of the places that had the balance of flow and tech just right. Now a lot of the corners are a lot tighter and seem to have trees annoyingly placed at the apex. The small series of jump are no longer part of the xc course either. That and the folllowing section was my favourite but is now totally changed. I'm guessing the changes are more about making it more sustainable (generally, never a problem anyway?) and to comply with...whatever.
Anyways, I shouldn't be ungrateful. Hopefully it will improve as it beds in.

The new ST climb up from the bottom is very good though.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
agree with Hud. I was there about a month ago. Thought it was good, but really slow in sections. The uphill ST is fun though! great corners :)

Nath8

Likes Dirt
I'll be there with Yeti575 on Cup weekend also. It is our annual pilgramage to Beechworth, for a few days of riding, drinking and good times with friends.
Will let you know about track conditions on our return.

HazaMTB

Likes Bikes
are you guys only doing the down hill or the XC track if you do go further in and they have like jumps off rocks see-saws everything

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The freeride stuff is gone. Recent discussion here. The see saw was removed months ago , unless theres an illegal one built in there that I don't know about ?

HazaMTB

Likes Bikes
I know that the see-saw was taken apart and some board walks but their is i think like a bowl type thing not a hunderd pecent sure but i remember seeing it there

Haz

michaelg

Likes Dirt
are you guys only doing the down hill or the XC track if you do go further in and they have like jumps off rocks see-saws everything
I will be there with Nath8 on cup weekend. We only stick to the XC loops usaully we take the Black runs . There are a few big drops and jumps in some of the areas we ride.

Regards
Michael

HazaMTB

Likes Bikes
Have you seen their is this black run down to the bottom of the hill its a black run so if your not good dont try but otherwise have a go

All ways follow the track!!! other wise you will go over the handle bars

haza

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Have you seen their is this black run down to the bottom of the hill its a black run so if your not good dont try but otherwise have a go

All ways follow the track!!! other wise you will go over the handle bars

haza
Thanks for the pointer Haza, Nath8, yeti575, or myself will post a response to you next week sometime. Looking forward to the catch up with my best mates. Always a good weekend at Beechy when we all catch up !!!

Regards
Michaelg