Recent content by mtbold

1. M

2012 VSS Series

Tomorrow @akashra you get your opportunity for a timed run up the hill http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259060
  2. M

Bakers Bash MTB Weekend, 20-21 April, Elmhurst, Victoria

Yep @AlanT http://app.strava.com/segments/3772160 It searched out OK for me just using "MTB-606" I have also put up "MTB-606 Short Circuit" which we plan to use for the night race. http://app.strava.com/segments/3819023
  3. M

Magnus and I strava'd the hill climb this morning. Awesome 200m overall climb in 4km distance. I've created a segment called "MTB-606 Hillclimb" if you want to check it out. It's a delicious assortment of gravel road to warm up on, open single track, technical climbing on "unmade" track and...
  4. M

Hooray we are up at last! I have got to figure out some garmin magic and I'll post the eliminator course we built last weekend. For a sneak preview of the tracks come up the weekend prior (13th 14th). It will cost you an hour or two of track work as we need to put some finishing touches on...
  5. M

Any riders from Stawell, Ararat, Horhsma, etc

I am at Glenpatrick 40k from Ararat. Keep watching rotorburn for the imminent "Baker Bash 2013" announcement or go straight to entryzone.com.au
  6. M

Scared to ride a road bike on the road?

I don't ride on the road anymore because I believe it is too dangerous. There are plenty of great MTB trails in the region. I live not far away in the Pyrenees and can see Mt William from the living room window. Hundreds of km of fantastic MTB riding starting from the backdoor. If you don't want...
  7. M

VIC Baker Bash is on again! THIS SUNDAY 2 Dec 2012

Its a pleasure. I'm so sorry about your beautiful new bike and dinged-up leg @ViraVite. Maybe a bit more pressure in the tyres? It was a good day and we plan to run it again next year. Put it in your diary now Sat 30th Nov, Sun 1 Dec 2013. The XCO on the Sunday will likely be a State...
  8. M

Camping @ViraVite should we count you as camping? Are you pre-ordering ham-and-cheese-croissants for brekky? (helps with the hangover - its all the vitamin B in the B utter)
  9. M

Wine tasting Is it about winning? or is it about having fun?
  10. M

Categories A, B & C Normally BSCC MTB club races are a self seeded A, B and C grades. I would have to defer to the club race director for the final word of course. Probably 7, 5, and three laps respectively. I am old and fat and always come last in the supermasters so I would ride C grade...
  11. M

Post Your XC Machine

Don't get a KONA They don't honour their warranty
  12. M

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

Kona - No warranty! At least your manufacturer is honoring their warranty! My Kona 2-9 broke in half just behind the head tube just inside three years from the purchase date. The warranty in the book that came with it says four years. "Oh no no, that's not for this frame! This is the...
  13. M

Yep. sorry about the late notice. Open club XCO hosted by Ballarat Sebastopol Cycling Club on the legendary track at Wimmera Hills Winery. Just two hours low-stress drive from central Melbourne, 50 minutes from Ballarat. We've shortened the course to 4.8km laps as this is not a State Series...
  14. M

2012 Bendigo 6/3 hr 9th Sept

Great Day Well done with the weather too. Congrats to John & the club. When is the next in the Corporate Challenge series?
  15. M

2012 VSS Series

Highway signage If you are coming from Melbourne or Ballarat we have this evening put up signs at every turn from Lexton on the Sunraysia Highway all the way here. They look Like this: except some of them point the other way. They follow the driving directions in the rider pack Great...