Any riders from Stawell, Ararat, Horhsma, etc

joshhat98

Likes Bikes
Not organizing a meeting, just interested to know if there are any riders from these locations.

Horsham*

Last edited:

mtbold

Likes Bikes
I am at Glenpatrick 40k from Ararat. Keep watching rotorburn for the imminent "Baker Bash 2013" announcement or go straight to entryzone.com.au

Moorey's right, Ararat's home for me. Although I'm mostly in Ballarat nowadays, I often head back and it's just down the road if you're ever up for a ride.

As far as I know, there isn't a huge mtb scene remaining in the town/area. The bmx kids have an alright setup, and the road/track scene is quite large, but mtb doesn;t get much of a go. I'm pretty sure I'm one of, if not the, only one in town that has a dh bike and still uses it; even if it is rarely. I know of a couple of trails both dh and xc but you can easily just go out riding in a couple of the parks there and have some fun. I also know of a couple of places in Stawell, but the'yre not much. I don't know much about Horsham but I'm pretty sure it's pretty flat out that way. You'd be better off hitting up the Grampians or Black Ranges near Stawell.

I'm pretty sure there's a few people from or near Ararat and Stawell on here but I haven't seen many of late.

And just FYI, the riding is far better in Ballarat than further west.

Last edited: