VIC Baker Bash is on again! THIS SUNDAY 2 Dec 2012

mtbold

Likes Bikes
Yep. sorry about the late notice.

Open club XCO hosted by Ballarat Sebastopol Cycling Club on the legendary track at Wimmera Hills Winery. Just two hours low-stress drive from central Melbourne, 50 minutes from Ballarat.

We've shortened the course to 4.8km laps as this is not a State Series round this year.

I am so slack at maintaining the Wimmera Hills Website that all the course map and videos and how to get there info is still up from last year.
http://www.wimmerahills.com.au/
It should be up on the BSCC site RSN too.

Camping is available if you're thinking of coming up on the Saturday PM me and let me know so I can mow a spot for you. Or book the self contained cottage for the night.

http://www.facebook.com/events/230064490457195/

The pool is sparkling so bring yr togs for a cool down lap if its hot.

Last edited:

mtbold

Likes Bikes
Categories A, B & C

Normally BSCC MTB club races are a self seeded A, B and C grades. I would have to defer to the club race director for the final word of course. Probably 7, 5, and three laps respectively. I am old and fat and always come last in the supermasters so I would ride C grade. I can easily ride two laps of the proposed course inside an hour.

The Club often runs a juniors race half an hour or so before the main event on a much shorter course dependent on interest so get as many people as you can to make as much noise a possible in this thread. Come up on Sat and help mark out a Jr loop - I have a variety of options in mind.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Great I can't wait for this one. Did it last year and it was a great course, and a good weekend away all round. I might go a bit easier on the wine tasting the night before the race though this year.

mtbold

Likes Bikes
Camping

@ViraVite should we count you as camping? Are you pre-ordering ham-and-cheese-croissants for brekky? (helps with the hangover - its all the vitamin B in the B utter)

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Baker's bash Junior's race

sounds good, what are the race categories? is there a kids category? ie. 12yo
Yes a Junior race is on the cards and will be after the adults event starting from 12.00pm. BSCC MTB is very encouraging of juniors and the usual approach is to have a relatively informal race on the trails used by the big people or on a modified loop. Depends a bit on the day and how much interest, what age span we need to cater for, etc. Usually aim for around 30 minutes riding.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Thanks again Bakers for your hospitality and provision of a highly worthy MTB circuit.
I've never left so much out on a track before.
A spare tube, blood, inner workings of a Garmin.
I hope to one day get around this course safely.

mtbold

Likes Bikes
Its a pleasure.

I'm so sorry about your beautiful new bike and dinged-up leg @ViraVite. Maybe a bit more pressure in the tyres? It was a good day and we plan to run it again next year. Put it in your diary now Sat 30th Nov, Sun 1 Dec 2013.

The XCO on the Sunday will likely be a State Series round once again. On the Saturday we plan to have some fun with a hillclimb and some night racing round a short loop.

Please tell us any suggestions for trackworks or other improvements in plenty of time (like now for instance) for us to get our act together.