Recent content by actionchris

1. actionchris

Pickup Lines

Excuse me, did you just fart? Because you just blew me away.
  2. actionchris

Wheels - Mavic Crossmax sx VS Easton Haven 26 VS Crank Bro Iodine

Been using the crossmaxs for over a year now. No dints or buckles. They did go slightly out of true but tensioned back up without a problem. That was a one time occurence, totally my fault, had a pretty kooky landing. No issues with the rear hub either. They seem pretty bomb proof done...
  3. actionchris

Mobile phone challenge

Taken on Iphone3
  4. actionchris

All Mountain Wheelsets

Another set of Crossmax SX here 2009 models with the new hub design. Absolutley flawless. Had them trued for the first time about a month ago after a year of solid riding including DH. 1750grams a set. Ust compatible is a huge plus as well. Going to open them up and service them soon (dont seem...
  5. actionchris

GODZILLA™______ demo 2011 ano black

That's a bit of alright. What did you do with the saint cranks to lighten them?
  6. actionchris

Raceface Closing Down?

Just saw this on MTBR. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=692439 Sources http://twitter.com/whistlermtb# http://twitter.com/TylerMorland#
  7. actionchris

CB Joplin post issues (4" version)

There was an article on fixing it in AMB. Not sure if it was the lastest issue though. It was the one with free grips for reference. I recently sold mine because i was sick of the issues associated with it. I'm not sure if mine was leaking but when it was at any extension the post would not...
  8. actionchris

Avid Elixir Cr 2009 / 2010 model - any good?

I run that exact combo on my reign X. Can't fault them power wise or modulation wise and have used them all day downhilling with out any problems of brake fade. A common problem seems to be the snap release mechanism flogging out over time and the lever becoming click out in rough terrain...
  9. actionchris

Post your all mountain bike

2009 Giant X0 6.7" Travel -DHX Air 5.0 -36 Float -XO Rear Der./Shifter -Atlas AM Cranks/stem -Answer ProTapers at 750mm -Crossmax SX wheels -Elixir CR 7"f/6"r -Titec El Norte Post (Joplin Shat itself, got it fixed and sold it) Maybe Thomson when funds allow -E13 SRS+ Guide -36tooth...
  10. actionchris

All Mountain Tyres

Maybe in some situations such as glenrock and other XC tracks but i wanted the black chilli compound front and rear to see what it was like. These tyres will be my do it all tyres until they are shredded. CDF switching out tyres anymore for different situations. I will be downhilling at places...
  11. actionchris

AM Places to Ride

I've rocked my reign X out at ourimbah DH and Mt Coramba at Coffs Harbour heaps. Both tracks are insanely fun on a shorter travel, more pedalable bike. Still probably need shuttles though unless your really keen.
  12. actionchris

All Mountain Tyres

2.4" UST Rubber Queens Front and Back. A little heavy at just over 1kg each but lighter then the minion/highroller set up previous. Grip seems about identical, maybe a little better on the rear, but i havent used them in a dh environment yet. Will report back when i have. But so far have been...
  13. actionchris

NSW Found.

Found. Mods please move
  14. actionchris

The everyday bike.

Reign X series would be a good choice. I've used mine for DH to XC and it hasnt missed a beat yet. The 2010 models had an issue with the lower maestro link snapping but i believe that they redesigned the link and its not an issue anymore. There is a thread on MTBR about it. Or you just pick up a...
  15. actionchris

Cracked iphone screen.

Another vote for the ebay screens. Will void warranty. One i put in just died last week. Lasted for about seven months. Touch screen has a dead spot the size of a twenty cent coin.