Little Things You Hate

PJO

in me vL comy
When retailers advertise a sale ... But they don't have their site up to date or aren't really having a sale. I'm not coming to your shitty premises to be helped by your uninformed staff to find out if there is a sale.
Yeah those damn merkin retailers need to get their act together. It's hard to find pink though so we feel your pain.

Edit: Damn Dales got there before I did, should read to the end of thread before getting in on the posting action:
He is looking for a ginger merkin.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah those damn merkin retailers need to get their act together. It's hard to find pink though so we feel your pain.

Edit: Damn Dales got there before I did, should read to the end of thread before getting in on the posting action:
I'll take ginger or pink! I just need a fucking merkin or two ...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
A little (or big) thing I hate is Parks and Wildlife.

I've had years of dealing with all their bureaucracy, red tape and bullshit over the years, but this instance really pissed me off! :mad:

Yesterday I got a call from our club president, saying that he received a call from our local ranger complaining that I had been badmouthing Parks and Wildlife on social media. It was reported that I had said that "Parks were in true form are being a pain in the arse and holding things up. The now want engineering drawings for the trails". We talked about it, and he said that we need to be careful as it's not a good look for a club executive to be seen saying this and we do need to work with Parks blah blah blah. Anyway, I was racking my brain to remember where I might have posted something like this (I'm pretty carful what I say of Facebook). Anyway, I said that I will try to hold my tongue and be a good boy and we left it at that. It bugged me all day about where I had said this, so I contacted the guy that was also involved in this comment, and he said it was a reply to his comment on my own ride on Strava! Not Facebook or anything, a fucking comment on my personal account on a ride I had done. You first have to follow me, see the ride, then open the ride to see this comment. FFS!

So, it's either that someone that is sympathetic to Parks that follows me has sent them the comment or they are trolling through my Strava activities and looking at all the comments. I wouldn't put them past the latter as I know someone that has been fined for riding a walking trail based on a Strava activity. The only way you can do this it to sit down and look at every activity you have done. Surely, they have better and more constructive things to do!
That is ridiculous. Firstly that Parks would be so thin skinned to be butthurt by something said in a private medium. Secondly that either one of your followers has snitched, or that Parks are wasting time and money searching in that manner.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That is ridiculous. Firstly that Parks would be so thin skinned to be butthurt by something said in a private medium. Secondly that either one of your followers has snitched, or that Parks are wasting time and money searching in that manner.
They need to get a life, just do their jobs and they need to realise that if they stop making life hard for everyone, it will improve their public image and people won't bitch about them so much.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I've had years of dealing with all their bureaucracy, red tape and bullshit over the years, but this instance really pissed me off! :mad:

Yesterday I got a call from our club president, saying that he received a call from our local ranger complaining that I had been badmouthing Parks and Wildlife on social media. It was reported that I had said that "Parks were in true form are being a pain in the arse and holding things up. The now want engineering drawings for the trails". We talked about it, and he said that we need to be careful as it's not a good look for a club executive to be seen saying this and we do need to work with Parks blah blah blah. Anyway, I was racking my brain to remember where I might have posted something like this (I'm pretty carful what I say of Facebook). Anyway, I said that I will try to hold my tongue and be a good boy and we left it at that. It bugged me all day about where I had said this, so I contacted the guy that was also involved in this comment, and he said it was a reply to his comment on my own ride on Strava! Not Facebook or anything, a fucking comment on my personal account on a ride I had done. You first have to follow me, see the ride, then open the ride to see this comment. FFS!

So, it's either that someone that is sympathetic to Parks that follows me has sent them the comment or they are trolling through my Strava activities and looking at all the comments. I wouldn't put them past the latter as I know someone that has been fined for riding a walking trail based on a Strava activity. The only way you can do this it to sit down and look at every activity you have done. Surely, they have better and more constructive things to do!
If you have the setting for rides opened to friends only, even though you have your account on private, with a paid Strava account you can see other people's rides come up on the leader board. If you put the ride on full private it blocks it from everyone, even the leaderboards. I'm not sure if you can turn off leaderboards with friends only option.

Stredda

If you have the setting for rides opened to friends only, even though you have your account on private, with a paid Strava account you can see other people's rides come up on the leader board. If you put the ride on full private it blocks it from everyone, even the leaderboards. I'm not sure if you can turn off leaderboards with friends only option.
I actually replied to the same discussion with "and if you are from Parks or are sharing this conversation with Parks you can fuck right off out of my Strava! :mad: "
I hope they see that!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I actually replied to the same discussion with "and if you are from Parks or are sharing this conversation with Parks you can fuck right off out of my Strava! :mad: "
I hope they see that!
It appears that Parks want any and all excuses to shut down MTB trails and riding, especially if they are desperate and nasty enough to punish anyone for a comment that required a lot of click-throughs to get to, on a platform that - in the scheme of things - very few people are reading.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hope they see that!
I'd you paste that comment on an illegal ride I hear they will see it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin

Tell Parks to fark off , its still afree country you can say what you like , they are shit and everyone hates them.
They are power crazy, precious and obstructionist.
I resigned from our committee because I cant deal with them, they want to dumb everything down.
For the last 25 years I have been building tracks without them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Tell Parks to fark off , its still afree country you can say what you like , they are shit and everyone hates them.
They are power crazy, precious and obstructionist.
I resigned from our committee because I cant deal with them, they want to dumb everything down.
For the last 25 years I have been building tracks without them.
Don't hold back old fella, the problem is we have to deal with them to continue with access. The way things are looking in some parts of Qld they'll be revoking access sometime in the future from the constant pushing of backyard green groups.

Stredda

Don't hold back old fella, the problem is we have to deal with them to continue with access. The way things are looking in some parts of Qld they'll be revoking access sometime in the future from the constant pushing of backyard green groups.
Our club has a lot more trail planed and we are going to push on regardless. Before we built the Monty loop and Iron Tor, I'm sure they hoped that we would just give up, but we didn't, and now we have some pretty awesome trails. I'm not going to let them win and we will keep pushing on, we now have some good backing from council and if they start road blocking us, we will once again go above them to get some political pressure to pull their head in.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Our club has a lot more trail planed and we are going to push on regardless. Before we built the Monty loop and Iron Tor, I'm sure they hoped that we would just give up, but we didn't, and now we have some pretty awesome trails. I'm not going to let them win and we will keep pushing on, we now have some good backing from council and if they start road blocking us, we will once again go above them to get some political pressure to pull their head in.
If you have the local council on your side that's half of the fight over, our local council consists of members of NIMBYs and backyard green groups.