Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cut tyre, rubber weld and glue, attempt tubeless, explosion while seating the bead at 60psi, sealant everywhere...please remember to turn on gopro.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not bike related but clearly fuckwit worthy. I had to split the oil tank on the mobile hoist because the old filler/breather was broken and the bit left was loctited in. PITA job which required large bits of the hoist dismanted but ok done. Removed the broken bit and sourced an identical 3/8" BSP breather/filler except it wouldn't thread in. Hole was a little worse for wear so I grabbed a tap from a mate to clean the threads. Arrived home with an M14x1.75 tap which strangely wasnt the right one. But wait there's more. Grabbed the right tap yesterday and cleaned up the hole and actually had to run the tap in a couple more threads but all goodly. Reassembly time. Supply and return lines from the tank are hard lines so a prick to line up. Got that sorted and bolted the tank back together and then tightened the lines with the tank in place. Put the whole assembly back in place and of course dropped an M6 nyloc nut and it rolled under the hoist. But wait there's more. Replacement stainless M6 nyloc and all good. Wanted to put about 3 litres in to check for leaks before filling and testing. Filler is this 3/8" BSP hole so none of my funnels fit. Grabbed a wobble pump / syphon and it sort of fits if I hold that with one hand and wobble with the other to get the syphon going. Minds out of the gutter. Yes some spillage occurred but wait there's more. Hard to tell how much oil has gone in because the 10L container I bought wasn't full and you cannot see inside the small hole while the syphon is there. Interupt the current bulletin and move the syphon out of the way. Yes more spillage. Need to dip the tank. I will just use this pin punch. Which is not as long as the tank is deep.
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tank now has a clean pin punch down inside. I screamed so loud that two neighbours texted me tosee if I need an ambulance. Only if they can cure fuckwittery. Oh and my nearest neighbour is 75m away and the other about 100m...
Fishy fishy with the magnetic fishy tool which fitted with about 3 microns to spare in the filler hole and after 10 minutes the tell tale click of the punch attaching to the magnet was felt. Bear in mind the whole tank is mild steel so the magnet stuck to everything. Carefully removed the magnet and lo the pin end of the punch was attached to the magnet and life was good again.
Now the tank is half full, level tested with an Allen key whose handle is many many times bigger than the hole. Overnight to see if there are any leaks forthcoming and then testes with the air...
Fuckwit.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not bike related but clearly fuckwit worthy. I had to split the oil tank on the mobile hoist because the old filler/breather was broken and the bit left was loctited in. PITA job which required large bits of the hoist dismanted but ok done. Removed the broken bit and sourced an identical 3/8" BSP breather/filler except it wouldn't thread in. Hole was a little worse for wear so I grabbed a tap from a mate to clean the threads. Arrived home with an M14x1.75 tap which strangely wasnt the right one. But wait there's more. Grabbed the right tap yesterday and cleaned up the hole and actually had to run the tap in a couple more threads but all goodly. Reassembly time. Supply and return lines from the tank are hard lines so a prick to line up. Got that sorted and bolted the tank back together and then tightened the lines with the tank in place. Put the whole assembly back in place and of course dropped an M6 nyloc nut and it rolled under the hoist. But wait there's more. Replacement stainless M6 nyloc and all good. Wanted to put about 3 litres in to check for leaks before filling and testing. Filler is this 3/8" BSP hole so none of my funnels fit. Grabbed a wobble pump / syphon and it sort of fits if I hold that with one hand and wobble with the other to get the syphon going. Minds out of the gutter. Yes some spillage occurred but wait there's more. Hard to tell how much oil has gone in because the 10L container I bought wasn't full and you cannot see inside the small hole while the syphon is there. Interupt the current bulletin and move the syphon out of the way. Yes more spillage. Need to dip the tank. I will just use this pin punch. Which is not as long as the tank is deep.
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tank now has a clean pin punch down inside. I screamed so loud that two neighbours texted me tosee if I need an ambulance. Only if they can cure fuckwittery. Oh and my nearest neighbour is 75m away and the other about 100m...
Fishy fishy with the magnetic fishy tool which fitted with about 3 microns to spare in the filler hole and after 10 minutes the tell tale click of the punch attaching to the magnet was felt. Bear in mind the whole tank is mild steel so the magnet stuck to everything. Carefully removed the magnet and lo the pin end of the punch was attached to the magnet and life was good again.
Now the tank is half full, level tested with an Allen key whose handle is many many times bigger than the hole. Overnight to see if there are any leaks forthcoming and then testes with the air...
Fuckwit.
Phones covered in pino grigio now, thanks for that.
That’s much worse than when I dropped a torx bit out of a 1/4” socket set my husky’s innards when I was replacing the clutch.
Managed to get that out with chopsticks in under 25minutes.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Phones covered in pino grigio now, thanks for that.
That’s much worse than when I dropped a torx bit out of a 1/4” socket set my husky’s innards when I was replacing the clutch.
Managed to get that out with chopsticks in under 25minutes.
Was there video of this? I saw this exact same thing on InstaFaceTwit a while ago, torx bit fell out the end of the socket and went straight into the fill hole.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Was there video of this? I saw this exact same thing on InstaFaceTwit a while ago, torx bit fell out the end of the socket and went straight into the fill hole.
Nope. Bike lying on it’s side, just tightening the plate that holds the clutch basket in place and yeah, down into the gearbox it went.
Long nose pliers too big to fit between the clutch and the engine case so some takeaway wooden chopsticks to the rescue.
All so I didn’t have to drain the gearbox oil aahahahaha.

slowmick

38-39"
Made the switch to flats about 5 years ago, not going back to clipless in the foreseeable future.
Riding flats has saved me on many occasions where I wouldn't have been able to unclip and get a foot down in time to avoid hitting the deck.
Are you really riding clipless if you don't go down clipped in and still holding the bars?
I still love the human trebuchet you become when you go OTB - sending the bike sailing into the distance for you to find in the shrubbery at some later point when you come to your senses.

moorey

call me Mia
Also CFTFW, trying flat pedals, they suck.
They certainly suck if you’ve only learned on clips. As do clips for a while if you’ve only ever ridden flats.
I’ve insisted my kids learn on flats to develop their skills, and after that, they can choose. Quinn is clip-curious, but doesn’t listen to me any more. She chatted to the head of her race team about it last weekend and he encouraged her to stick with flats for the rest of the season at least and assess after that. She rides better than me, so I have no business being anything more than a mechanic and driver any more.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Timing chain tensioners going sproing and dr
Are you really riding clipless if you don't go down clipped in and still holding the bars?
I still love the human trebuchet you become when you go OTB - sending the bike sailing into the distance for you to find in the shrubbery at some later point when you come to your senses.
I still have a vivid memory of watching my Trance cartwheeling off into the trees at Buller from my viewpoint of head and shoulder sliding along the ground with my feet in the air... It was a bit of a scramble down the hill to retrieve it. I have no idea if I unclipped or I was unclipped for me - I was pretty much on the ground before I knew what had hit me. A recurring them as it turned out.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I love watching Pinkbikes Friday Fails as almost every video is of someone blowing a foot off a flat pedal and careening out of control into a solid object. I'll take the ole Scorpion Flick instead everyday of the week thanks.