Confessions from the fuckwits

safreek

I'm not sure if this is a confessio or not, but I am now in the garage servicing my rear xt brake on the nuke proof. I bled it a few days ago and put in new pads. It has been fine for the last couple of days to/from. I adjusted the levers on the bike today for smaller hands. All afternoon the brakes were good. This evening I went for a pedal and stopped for a coffee or three. While riding around I had no brake...none. I was very confused, surely I bled the brakes better than this? Why didn't the kid die this afternoon? Did he ride like that (plenty of send was sent) with no back brake? So up on the stand it goes and I discover an issue I have not had before.

The bolt securing the banjo to the calliper is loose and has passed out pretty all of my luscious oil onto the frame. Fortunately the pads and rotor appear to have avoided contaminations. Time for a bleed and you bet I'm checking this bolt on the fleet.
The contamination will keep happening until you blowtorch your rotors. Seriously

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The contamination will keep happening until you blowtorch your rotors. Seriously
More fool you sucker! They are good as new thanks to my technique and a dash of @ozzysanding.
- drop of morning fresh + water on braking surface.
- rub braking surface vigorously against each other and watch the dirty suds build up.
- rinse and repeat until the suds are nice and clean.
- same again but with brake cleaner (I hadn't done this before and fuck me it was a gold inclusion).
- light sand with wet/dry ultra fine sandpaper (maybe this wasn't necessary, but ozzy told me to!)
- brake cleaner and clean rag on rotors until clean
- a few bursts of brake on a long steep hill (I took the bike for some jumps and ticked this off on the ride home).

Problem solved. I do also like the dishwasher, especially on the rotors. Shit comes out looking real fresh and works as good as new.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think furniture polish would make Poodles brakes go reeeeaaal fast!

Accidentally suffered a Mr sheen overspray many years ago. I used to give the bike a nice coat every now and then so it looked extra mint when I was running bike trips. Well one time I got some on the rotor...not much but enough for me to notice ubtil ride time nut enough to really fuck with my brakes while dropping the saw mill trail. I also sheened my seat, grips, and brake levers...resulting in a pretty funny crash while chugging along the fire road with the slow kids. Slipped off my seat and jammed my junk into the seat post with the rest tyre, then my hands slipped off the slippery grips and down I went. I don't Mr sheen the bike much these days