What does your day look like?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fucked if I’m ever going to look in the wife handbag again. Haven’t managed to identify yet, aggressive as fuck, met it’s maker with a soup ladle.

Badumna - Black house spider

Spiders are our buddies, all they want is a cosy place to hide from birds and a juicy fly from time to time. And maybe a hug

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Fucked if I’m ever going to look in the wife handbag again. Haven’t managed to identify yet, aggressive as fuck, met it’s maker with a soup ladle.

@Plankosaurus, I agree that it looks like a black house spider.

@link1896 interesting that it was aggressive. Most black house spiders I've come across are fairly docile and want to hide. Maybe check it doesn't have an egg sac in the handbag too? (Stuff of nightmares)

I had a big mofo whitetail in my slipper a while back. I put my slippers on and felt a squish, thought "great, what has the toddler put in there?" Took it off and shook it and out dropped a whitetail. I did a bit of a crazy dance in horror, much to the amusement of the kids.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Stupid next door neighbour had massive paper bark tree's that fell in my yard, and they were loaded with those black house spiders. When I had cut them to pieces and removed the logs, I had them crawl all over me, even had one crawl out of my work shirt pocket at night. Ended up with a strange feeling like a splinter went into my index finger but couldn't see anything then my finger swelled up to twice the size, after about a week went by a heap of pus came out, had the same thing in a couple places on my forearms with severe itching but not as bad as the finger. I suspect it was these little critters.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not today, but yesterday and the day before, pow pow pow! It had been a few days without a good load of fresh snow, so much so that I was almost going to have to start fucking some ropes to get fresh turns in. Problem solved! 2 days of solid fresh stuff was very welcome! Finished off with a coffee and taste in one of my favourite cafes (Senjeu if you happen to be in Hakuba).

IMG_20230211_172419553~2.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Not today, but yesterday and the day before, pow pow pow! It had been a few days without a good load of fresh snow, so much so that I was almost going to have to start fucking some ropes to get fresh turns in. Problem solved! 2 days of solid fresh stuff was very welcome! Finished off with a coffee and taste in one of my favourite cafes (Senjeu if you happen to be in Hakuba).

View attachment 396967
The secret's out. How poods pays his way, in Japan.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
@Plankosaurus, I agree that it looks like a black house spider.

@link1896 interesting that it was aggressive. Most black house spiders I've come across are fairly docile and want to hide. Maybe check it doesn't have an egg sac in the handbag too? (Stuff of nightmares)

I had a big mofo whitetail in my slipper a while back. I put my slippers on and felt a squish, thought "great, what has the toddler put in there?" Took it off and shook it and out dropped a whitetail. I did a bit of a crazy dance in horror, much to the amusement of the kids.
I’ve a pet female black house spider in the bathroom I’ve named Veronica. She’s had two lots of offspring over the last 14 months , I feed her and the little ones live cockroach’s I drop in her web.

Shit photo of what was in the handbag I know. What was in the handbag I don’t think was a black house spider, abdomen was too long and not fat enough. I’ve trawled through a couple of spider identifications systems and can’t work it out. It was way too aggressive for a black house spider based off my experience. Veronica, even in her early days, was no where near as aggressive as what was in the handbag. I figure a black house spider protecting her offspring would be peak aggressiveness. When there are no offspring about, she runs and hides if I enter the room. When she has offspring, she doesn’t hide, but when I drop a live cockroach in her web, she runs and hides to leave the little ones to defend themselves. They can consume a cockroach pretty quickly, pretty funny to find just a leg left in the morning.

Watching the babies is very cool, they play fight and chase after each other. Very fast for their size.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Again... seems like you's guys are doing that 1200km Melbourne run every few weeks :oops:
At the moment we're averaging once a month. Next run is late March, but we're making it a four day trip as the boys have a CFA competition just outside Shepparton the Saturday before the Tuesday appointment.

And then you have to add the new job. Apparently I've started at the busiest time of year, I'm averaging 300km per day. We effectively drove past Adelaide on one day last week, and did 6 hours on farm as well.

Tomorrow I'm up at 4 to be on farm by 6 and we'll visit a couple of sites on our way to spending another two days in Griffith

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A bit of Hambo'ing, some YouTube and a trip to Repco.

#1 sons car overheated on Saturday, got it home on a flatbed. Checked a few things, refilled it it water and I drove it for 30 mins. All seemed fine.

When to go to work this morning and the check engine light came on at the bottom of the hill, he drove it back up with a bit of steaming.

I took him to work at 6am :rolleyes:

Worked out it may be a faulty thermostat as the water pump was still going (dont know what the impellers will be like).

Came home, took the old thermostat out and dropped them both in an old jug, stuck a IR thermometer on the water to check the temp, the new one opens up at >82°, old one faaaked.

Win ! Wouldn't be attempting this on a modern vehicle but ok on a 23yr old very simple 2.7L Petrol Hilux.

20230213_121816.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A bit of Hambo'ing, some YouTube and a trip to Repco.

#1 sons car overheated on Saturday, got it home on a flatbed. Checked a few things, refilled it it water and I drove it for 30 mins. All seemed fine.

When to go to work this morning and the check engine light came on at the bottom of the hill, he drove it back up with a bit of steaming.

I took him to work at 6am :rolleyes:

Worked out it may be a faulty thermostat as the water pump was still going (dont know what the impellers will be like).

Came home, took the old thermostat out and dropped them both in an old jug, stuck a IR thermometer on the water to check the temp, the new one opens up at >82°, old one faaaked.

Win ! Wouldn't be attempting this on a modern vehicle but ok on a 23yr old very simple 2.7L Petrol Hilux.

View attachment 397006
Ah the solid 2.7. Can screw 1,000 hp out of those.

ozzybmx

Ah the solid 2.7. Can screw 1,000 hp out of those.
I'll be happy with the standard 108kw.

Its now had a new fuel pump, new battery, new charging alt and now this thermostat in the 6 months he's owned it. Each time its been a break down or not starting.

Its had a lot of stuff documented as being replaced over the last 3 years, hopefully it settles down now. He landed a very good Electrical Apprenticeship (Power Station) instead of doing yr12... he needs to get there every day.

ozzybmx

FMD !

Check Engine light came on after the temp got to normal.

Reason: He cooked the coolant sensor when he overheated the car (twice)

2-3 hours of YouTubbin....

Its a hard watch, he goes on, talk about awkward... burnt hand, cuts... job done.

4 hours running back and forward to Supercheap, Repco and Bursons. 40km test drive, all good.

I thought with the stopping riding, my maintenance days were over.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
FMD !

Check Engine light came on after the temp got to normal.

Reason: He cooked the coolant sensor when he overheated the car (twice)

2-3 hours of YouTubbin....

Its a hard watch, he goes on, talk about awkward... burnt hand, cuts... job done.

4 hours running back and forward to Supercheap, Repco and Bursons. 40km test drive, all good.

I thought with the stopping riding, my maintenance days were over.

There's an old Italian saying, many kids won't prop up one father, but one father will prop up many kids. ;)