Little Things You Hate

Lucaw

Next in line
FFS, another day, another derailleur.

#2 son spent the last few days riding 9-10hrs with his mates. He was specifically told today was 'bike tune/fix day' and he needed to look at his bike.

Its running 2 tubes in 2 brand new Maxxis tyres as he's put bigger holes than stans, bacons strips and patches can seal and theres some creak from linkages or somewhere.

He pissed off this morning at 7:58 according to my smart garage door logger before the rest of us got up. Mum had given him 2 jobs, empty dishwasher and walk the dog :(

I sent him a message at 10am letting him know what he was meant to be doing and it was up to him if he wanted to come home.

Got the call at 4pm that he'd lost a pin out of his derailleur, which is no wonder as 40 of them had a whip-off comp yesterday and it slams the f%#k out of your bike landing at 90°... and wrapped it around the back wheel.

Well mate, you have spend the remaining contents of your bank account in the last 30 days, eating KFC's while riding train shuttles all day and going bowling with your mates while your brother work's.

Push the bike into the bike room and forget about it until you get a job.
What drive train is he running?
Maybe he should run a cheaper, probably stronger drive train like a microshift acolyte
8 gears so when he bends his hanger it’s less of a problem, currently $179 for the full group set on mtbd
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/microshift-acolyte-8-speed-wide-range-group-set
And you can get chains for $20 from your lbs

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My missus gave him 2 jobs to do for cash as he has zero'd his bank account.
He pissed off out with the cash she'd transferred and didn't do them.
Bloody dog was huffing... but not as much as the missus :)
Rookie error! Pay after the work is done!

But I agree with making him pay for his own repairs. The first time I wrapped a hub with a derailleur I just put it in the shed, didn't even bother telling the Olds. Walked to school for three weeks while I earned the cash and figured out how to get to the shop.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
FFS, another day, another derailleur.

#2 son spent the last few days riding 9-10hrs with his mates. He was specifically told today was 'bike tune/fix day' and he needed to look at his bike.

Its running 2 tubes in 2 brand new Maxxis tyres as he's put bigger holes than stans, bacons strips and patches can seal and theres some creak from linkages or somewhere.

He pissed off this morning at 7:58 according to my smart garage door logger before the rest of us got up. Mum had given him 2 jobs, empty dishwasher and walk the dog :(

I sent him a message at 10am letting him know what he was meant to be doing and it was up to him if he wanted to come home.

Got the call at 4pm that he'd lost a pin out of his derailleur, which is no wonder as 40 of them had a whip-off comp yesterday and it slams the f%#k out of your bike landing at 90°... and wrapped it around the back wheel.

Well mate, you have spend the remaining contents of your bank account in the last 30 days, eating KFC's while riding train shuttles all day and going bowling with your mates while your brother work's.

Push the bike into the bike room and forget about it until you get a job.
I'm assuming this is the son with the dickhead mates?

Regardless, good job. That'll learn him. Probably.

cammas

Seamstress
My missus gave him 2 jobs to do for cash as he has zero'd his bank account.
He pissed off out with the cash she'd transferred and didn't do them.
Bloody dog was huffing... but not as much as the missus :)
I always had the policy of payment after the jobs were done, the Mrs was always a soft touch and wondered why things weren’t done.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What drive train is he running?
Maybe he should run a cheaper, probably stronger drive train like a microshift acolyte
8 gears so when he bends his hanger it’s less of a problem, currently $179 for the full group set on mtbd
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/microshift-acolyte-8-speed-wide-range-group-set
And you can get chains for $20 from your lbs
Full SLX 12spd including microspline cassette and DT microspline freehub.

I changed it to Shimano from the original NX12.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck me! All set to head to my favourite cafe for a pre-work coffee and meditation...the morning has been sunny and pleasant. As I hang my towel on the rack the rain (phone autocorrected that to "he rain" ummmm not hats happening!) starts to hammer down. I guess I'll have to skip the caffeine and face the small matinee crowd only charged with the power of cold brew.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Personalized number plates. Especially those that say things along the lines of 'RAV4' or 'BlackM5'

The car manufacturer puts the model of the car on the back at no extra charge and you go spend another $500+ to write it again in larger text?
Fucking moronic!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Personalized number plates. Especially those that say things along the lines of 'RAV4' or 'BlackM5'

The car manufacturer puts the model of the car on the back at no extra charge and you go spend another $500+ to write it again in larger text?
Fucking moronic!
Is Hal-9000 taken?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I really only use Twitter to troll Matt Gaetz these days, so deleting it won’t be a loss, but we knew this was coming, and it’s fucked, IMHO. I can only imagine how insufferable Trump will be.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61222470
"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," Mr Musk said

WHAT.

A.

FUCKWIT.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I really only use Twitter to troll Matt Gaetz these days, so deleting it won’t be a loss, but we knew this was coming, and it’s fucked, IMHO. I can only imagine how insufferable Trump will be.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61222470
Ah, a perpetually butthurt narcissistic tool buys a platform dedicated to such behaviour. Has anyone told him that Twitter barely makes money and there's no subsidies on offer from the Govt. to prop him up (ala Tesla?)

Will be interesting to see if he follows through with "authenticating all accounts." Bet that never happens.

moorey

call me Mia
Ah, a perpetually butthurt narcissistic tool buys a platform dedicated to such behaviour. Has anyone told him that Twitter barely makes money and there's no subsidies on offer from the Govt. to prop him up (ala Tesla?)

Will be interesting to see if he follows through with "authenticating all accounts." Bet that never happens.
He doesn’t GAF about the money. That’s what makes him such a flog. He’s a combination of the rich kid who paid people to come to his party, and the rich kid who bought everyone’s vote for class president.