Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
United Australia Party ads.....

Are they fucking serious? Does anyone actually believe that shit?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
I see 10:1 signs/ads for the UAP over any other party…and every one of them spouts bullshit.
I’d like to think Clive is pouring all his wealth into these, and won’t get enough of the vote to get his costs back (that’s still a thing, yeah?), but I suspect he’s going to do ok unfortunately.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
High fire danger season in the Adelaide Hills a couple of years ago.

Some guy on an e-scooter and no helmet does last night in Brissie (met a concrete wall with no helmet, undoubtedly at 50km/h) and there was a link to a prior news article about someone who died recently when their scooter battery exploded in their room middle of night.

Must be some room for improvement in the mitigation of fire/explosion risks from these lithium batteries.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Must be some room for improvement in the mitigation of fire/explosion risks from these lithium batteries.
Geeee.......rear of seatpost mounted batteries with a handle bar trigger to eject the warp core when the magic smoke starts to come out.
Bike shops and planes will need a bombproof safe.

The new world order is nasty folks.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Lithium Cobalt Oxide, and Nickel Oxide chemistry used in the ubiquitous 18650 lithium ion cells that are the cause of these fires mentioned, has a very high energy density, that for mobile applications is hard to pass up. Problem is it’s volatile. Intrinsically not safe, requiring external monitoring systems to add a layer of safety.

None of the typical multicell consumer items I’ve had the pleasure of looking inside, are monitoring the temperature of each cell. One cell goes bad, suffers an internal short, it’s good night Irene.

Some of the big auto EV manufacturers are about to or have implemented charging cars outside only guidelines to limit their risk.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Some of the big auto EV manufacturers are about to or have implemented charging cars outside only guidelines to limit their risk.
Are solid state batteries the answer to the impending shitshow, or is that still a bit of a pipe dream?

LPG

likes thicc birds
I see 10:1 signs/ads for the UAP over any other party…and every one of them spouts bullshit.
I’d like to think Clive is pouring all his wealth into these, and won’t get enough of the vote to get his costs back (that’s still a thing, yeah?), but I suspect he’s going to do ok unfortunately.
It isn't about him getting in that matters. UAP is pretty much a method for the liberal party and their allies to rant their lunatic ideas to damage the Labour party without impacting the reputation of the LNP as it is the yellows not the blues ranting and raving. It's genius but so damaging to democracy.