COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

danncam

Likes Dirt
My daughter has recovered from covid and is now at her new flat with the girlfriend. We moved all their stuff there today.
The MiL still has symptoms, is exhausted and weak so unfortunately she is now in a covid ward for Christmas as of an hour ago. Poor thing, she is well unhappy about it and won't be able to see any family in person of course.
All that said the continuing news that Omicron is probably causing less serious disease is fantastic, shame it wasn't Omicron the MiL got.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Metro melb shopping centre, mask wearing compliance is at best 60% of the people

If only I could find the ten second clip from the original Final Fantasy movie

“The dream is always the same”
I had an emergency visit to possibly the most bogan shopping center in Melbourne this afternoon. Happy to see 99% wearing masks. Seems to be a bigger issue with chumps closer to the city.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It seems after the 4th of January you can get the booster at 4 months.

View attachment 384208
They’re still dragging their feet. It’s 3 months in the UK. I wound up getting my last week as under the guidelines at the time I wouldn’t have been eligible

Same goes for testing kits. I got charged $30 for a pack of 2 at Coles before I left whereas here in Scotland you get packs of 7 for FREE from the chemist and various other outlets. It’s the norm over here (for most socially responsible folk at least) to do a quick rapid antigen test before meeting friends or relatives. That’d almost bankrupt you in Australia at this time of year - if you could even source the kits.

That said, it’s still spreading like wildfire here. Mask compliance is good north of the border but being the festive season, pubs and restaurants are packed with folk having to ditch the masks to eat and drink. The hospitalisation rates do appear to be dropping due to Omicron but it’s still playing havoc with infrastructure as public transport services get cancelled left, right and centre due to staff having to isolate.

Restrictions have been brought in for after Christmas but having come from Melbourne I find them almost hilarious (or at least peoples reactions to them) - no movement restrictions, hospitality still allowed to operate with caps of 100 people if it’s standing or 200 seated. Weddings and funerals have no caps whatsoever. It’ll be interesting to see how things pan out…