Little Things You Hate

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so car is finally back after audi fixed up their mistakes. i asked for it to be double checked for stupid oversites, was promised 3 people would check it. Came back with nice scratches on the side and the cover where the tow hook went in now missing. its a nice round hole in the front bumper, even the most brief glance it stands out. time to place that new car order now and wait 3 months.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ltih. Covid ruined Christmas.
F you covid!
Had 8 people coming. One caught it. One is close contact, one not comfortable now (plus, what's the point)...
Those three plus partners etc. means our first Christmas in our new place we've been waiting three years for is now a quiet family one (as if three boys can ever be quiet!).
This was something the Mrs and sprouts had been really looking forward to.

[Yeah, first world problems, still healthy, blessed, safe, enough food etc. - but I needed a whinge.]

While I'm at it - fuck thumb ligaments! Just heal already you POS. I've never broken a bone, but always seem to screw up soft tissue. Tendons, cartilage, ligaments.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
so car is finally back after audi fixed up their mistakes. i asked for it to be double checked for stupid oversites, was promised 3 people would check it. Came back with nice scratches on the side and the cover where the tow hook went in now missing. its a nice round hole in the front bumper, even the most brief glance it stands out. time to place that new car order now and wait 3 months.
Seems like a fairly standard dealer “mechanic” experience. How many parts fell off it on the way home?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many parts fell off it on the way home?

at least i figured out what the hole was when i found the tow hook on the front seat. now since i've never gone looking for a tow hook before I guess its up to me to figure out where it went before.

most importantly was the little 'un being assured that his little steering wheel that he likes to use in the back seat is still there

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I doubt there is much wrong with the car. Or at least there wasn’t before a dealer mechanic was let loose on it…
Seems to just be belt not tensioned properly but how hard can that be at 2 attenpts? Maybe they tool a shortcut and reused the old one with some damage fromt he first stuff up. All means it will be 2 weeks of being stuffed around.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Seems to just be belt not tensioned properly but how hard can that be at 2 attenpts? Maybe they tool a shortcut and reused the old one with some damage fromt he first stuff up. All means it will be 2 weeks of being stuffed around.
There's probably something that they missed somewhere, most drive belts are auto tensioned these days. Christmas time is the worst time to go to any mechanic because most people leave their car repairs to the last minute before they go away on holidays and everything is just a mad rush.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
There's probably something that they missed somewhere, most drive belts are auto tensioned these days. Christmas time is the worst time to go to any mechanic because most people leave their car repairs to the last minute before they go away on holidays and everything is just a mad rush.
Which is why I was Uber nice to the auto electrician yesterday when I had to take the Colorado in. Even promised beer if it was a hard one to find.

Turns out all they had to do was clear fault codes and the right side low beam, right front indicator and left tail light all came back to life.