Newly Released Suspension & Components General

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
If you can prove that these companies make absolutely no material change to what's on the manufacturer's shelf and I'll buy theirs instead (funds notwithstanding!).

Interesting that you can buy them with DT Swiss hubs, where do they source their hubs and DT Swiss stickers from?
But they do. Hunt put their logo on the wheels and charge a premium for doing so.
The onus isnt on me to do the due diligence to save you $500-$1000
Have you tried greasing them?
Yeah, I also used This install guide from renthal.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
It's 5k into frames and 15k into marketing.
Yeah that's sounds about right, only get a couple of each size from Waltly then put on the website that due to huge demand customers will have to pay upfront to secure a frame in the next shipment. Upfront payments pay for upcoming frame run, sounds like a few frame and wheel companies out there doesn't it ;)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah that's sounds about right, only get a couple of each size from Waltly then put on the website that due to huge demand customers will have to pay upfront to secure a frame in the next shipment. Upfront payments pay for upcoming frame run, sounds like a few frame and wheel companies out there doesn't it ;)
Soooo you want to repeat the Sick Bicycle Co customer service experience? If so I can I have some Eewings cranks amongst all the swag you buy for crap quality Youtube videos?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Soooo you want to repeat the Sick Bicycle Co customer service experience? If so I can I have some Eewings cranks amongst all the swag you buy for crap quality Youtube videos?
I'm thinking more boutique less conn artist, something like Curve or Kingdome bikes.

But yes there will be eewings for everyone on RB that gives them a good review.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm thinking more boutique less conn artist, something like Curve or Kingdome bikes.

But yes there will be eewings for everyone on RB that gives them a good review.
tHEY'RE THE BEST!!!

There - I'm first, send them out. I'll PM an address... :p

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
There - I'm first, send them out. I'll PM an address... :p
Dude, you're part of the business and in the marketing materials: "ex-aeronautical engineer and professional café racer Beeb Beebenson was brought on board as a geometry consultant for Lighten-Bro Industries, and proclaims the Stromlonaught RSti to be the ultimate melding of stiffness and squirt - BUY NOW!"

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Dude, you're part of the business and in the marketing materials: "ex-aeronautical engineer and professional café racer Beeb Beebenson was brought on board as a geometry consultant for Lighten-Bro Industries, and proclaims the Stromlonaught RSti to be the ultimate melding of stiffness and squirt - BUY NOW!"
I think we need to have a Gravy Train model.

frenchman

I must have missed that memo, what was the problem there ? Had one for over a year and didn't even think about it.
things kept twisting and creaking after a couple of months of use, thought it might’ve been a shit batch so I sold the first one then bought another, same issue. Then swapped out the one off the hardtail and after a couple months and thing. Nothing has fixed it. I’m 75kg geared up. I purchased 3 in total. What a fucking idiot.
I think we need to have a Gravy Train model.
I’ll provide the wheels.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
things kept twisting and creaking after a couple of months of use, thought it might’ve been a shit batch so I sold the first one then bought another, same issue.
Shit one ! Never experienced this, mine was the short 33mm stem, bought May 2019, fitted and rode issue free until sold 18months later.

frenchman

The onus is always on the one making claims!
You must’ve missed this post
Kinlin XR31t here looks identical to the hunt aero wide. They even took the same rim profile picture from the kinlin website.

I have no skin in this at all, but don't kid yourself that Hunt anything more than a marketing company onselling catalogue wheels.
Yaw telling me the onus is on myself when hunt is posting shit like this for their rebranded alloy rim??

WIDE, AERO, LIGHT. PICK THREE

THE PURPOSE

Stretch the gaps and burn the legs of your riding compatriots with incredible fast riding performance. You will take the corners faster and tighter than ever before due to the 24mm rim width opening out your tire profile and providing incredible grip.
The wide rim, working with a 25 or 28c tire, will eat up rough roads allowing you to hold your line and carry your speed. The upgraded straight pull hubs and spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations

I still maintain that they onsell a quality wheelset, however I know where they purchase them from and I’d rather not pay the extra 50% for marketing and an extra Instagram hashtag

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
You must’ve missed this post

Yaw telling me the onus is on myself when hunt is posting shit like this for their rebranded alloy rim??

WIDE, AERO, LIGHT. PICK THREE

THE PURPOSE

Stretch the gaps and burn the legs of your riding compatriots with incredible fast riding performance. You will take the corners faster and tighter than ever before due to the 24mm rim width opening out your tire profile and providing incredible grip.
The wide rim, working with a 25 or 28c tire, will eat up rough roads allowing you to hold your line and carry your speed. The upgraded straight pull hubs and spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations

I still maintain that they onsell a quality wheelset, however I know where they purchase them from and I’d rather not pay the extra 50% for marketing and an extra Instagram hashtag
Here's another!

Looks like Slut Rims to me between that and Mike Hunt rims.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Out of interest. Where do farsports source their rims?

I keep thinking about a BTLOS crabon wheelset. But now I think I need to have a skype session with the manufacturer so they can show me first hand my carbon layups. Wouldn't want to pay another middleman.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Out of interest. Where do farsports source their rims?

I keep thinking about a BTLOS crabon wheelset. But now I think I need to have a skype session with the manufacturer so they can show me first hand my carbon layups. Wouldn't want to pay another middleman.
What is the mythical crabon you speak of?

frenchman

Here's another!

Looks like Slut Rims to me between that and Mike Hunt rims.
The founder Alan spent 5 years at crc and brought in the nukeproof wheels (novatec and kinlin) then some time at hunt. Makes sense he would set up his own money printing machine.