Little Things You Hate

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
>Buys tickets to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.

>Asks a girl on date.

>Girl agrees to come on the condition that it's "just as friends".

Now I have to sit through an otherwise enjoyable evening KNOWING that I have no chance with her.

She has been flirting mercilessly for weeks - play fighting, piggybacking, joking about my poor Spanish. Heck, she came to visit my parents place for a week, I showed her around the countryside and she loved it.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that 20-23 year old females are largely trolls. They flirt for attention and confidence boosts, then pretend to be offended when a young man with physical, social, cultural, intellectual and fiscal capital takes a genuine interest in them.

Fuck.

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt

>Asks a girl on date.

Now I have to sit through an otherwise enjoyable evening KNOWING that I have no chance with her.

She has been flirting mercilessly for weeks - play fighting, piggybacking, joking about my poor Spanish. Heck, she came to visit my parents place for a week, I showed her around the countryside and she loved it.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that 20-23 year old females are largely trolls. They flirt for attention and confidence boosts, then pretend to be offended when a young man with physical, social, cultural, intellectual and fiscal capital takes a genuine interest in them.

Fuck.
Mate you should of made a deal with her, No orchestra unless she plays the organ haha

moorey

call me Mia
young man with physical, social, cultural, intellectual and fiscal capital takes a genuine interest in them.

Fuck.
Shiiit, if you're as awesome as you think you are, I'll come on the date, and may even put out for you.

In all seriousness, you're pretty transparent. I don't think you even enjoy the orchestra, you just wanted to get some of her sweet sweet arse. You almost sound like the 'she had it coming' type.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
In all seriousness, you're pretty transparent. I don't think you even enjoy the orchestra, you just wanted to get some of her sweet sweet arse. You almost sound like the 'she had it coming' type.
Not true. I have played classical music for 10 years, I subscribe to the SSO and attend 3-4 performances a year. More than that, I really like this girl. I could be more than happy NOT fucking her, atleast for now.

It's not that I think I'm the most fantastic person on Earth, I just can't see how, in objective terms, I am such a bad prospect. Anyway, onto the next one I guess.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hate my local Council. What a useless bunch of lazy, fat, bludging morons they are. Why you ask? Well for starters, they didn't empty my green waste bin because it exceeded the weight limit. The system on the truck lifts it just fine but it sounds an alarm if it is over a certain weight. It was near full of grass clippings, tree trimmings and some thick bunches of grass I removed when extending a garden bed.
"Hello, its Coffs Council. Why haven't you paid you rates Mr Dozer".
"............(long pause)..........................Why would I pay any money to you lot and not get the service I am paying for?" Says Dozer as he is about to erupt.
"Uhhh, what?" Says semi intelligent girl at Council office.
"How about we work on a credit system. You do the work and I pay you for it when it is done. Sound okay?"

In saying that, I'm never paying my rates again and will gladly have a nice little chat in person with our newly elected panel of Councilors. They better bring donuts!

moorey

call me Mia
Not true. I have played classical music for 10 years, I subscribe to the SSO and attend 3-4 performances a year. More than that, I really like this girl. I could be more than happy NOT fucking her, atleast for now.

It's not that I think I'm the most fantastic person on Earth, I just can't see how, in objective terms, I am such a bad prospect. Anyway, onto the next one I guess.
Again, sounding more like 'I need a fuck, wasting my precious time on this one..who else can I fuck ASAP..'
You don't think you're coming off as desperate, do you? Not a criticism, mate, I was young once too, but theres easier ways to clear the pipes.

moorey

call me Mia
In saying that, I'm never paying my rates again and will gladly have a nice little chat in person with our newly elected panel of Councilors. They better bring donuts!
Just don't remind them that your name is Garth...not exactly a name that commands immediate respect....unlike the might 'Craig':evil:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
not all females, boyo. at 23 i had a six year old stepson and twins on the way, and was living on a rural property sans electricity and running water in a bus saving for my first mortgage. and having said that, my 23yro daughter is half way thru her studies at uni and has been the carer for her paternal grandparents for the last 12 months.

maybe you're looking at the wrong kind of girls? .....i hear uni is a great place to meet educated and interesting women :evil: but they would also be the kind to take offence at male entitlement attitude.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just don't remind them that your name is Garth...not exactly a name that commands immediate respect....unlike the might 'Craig':evil:
The T shirt I'll wear that has a picture of me bending a piece of railway steel should set the tone. ;)

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No has ever scored sex by going to symphony, If ice cream doesnt work just go back to having fun or maybe that is all she want's,

I have never heard a cuple say, well it all started when i was invited to the a symphony.... Having character would be much more of a seller.

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes

>Asks a girl on date.

Fuck.
You must be new at girls. Most girls flirt with their male friends. It's just friendly interaction. Maybe she's clueless herself and doesn't see how she's coming across to you, or she's interested in someone else, is still reeling from a previous relationship, thinks you're gay, or has other unrelated-to-you crap to deal with making her emotionally unavailable. Don't be so quick to slag her off.

Having said that, you don't sound like the sort of guy I'd want to date. Conceitedness is very unattractive in a bloke. Not that you'd admit it, but are you the type to get off first and leave her hanging?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

>Asks a girl on date.

Fuck.
I spent time with a girl once and it sounded similar to this scenario.
We were good friends and did all of the stuff you are doing. One night we went to see a band and got fair pissed. I half expected it to happen and then wham! She planted a big lippy kiss on me and that sobered me up quickly enough to realise that this "just friends" thing wasn't on. A few weeks went by and after a movie one night I asked the big question as to what it meant and she muffled me by planting another big kiss on me. Another few weeks went by and we were bumping uglies and acting like a couple. She was a touch hot and cold in different groups but I was the one she spent her time with in the end. I told her one day that some visitors asked if I had a girlfriend. She looked away and said she wasn't ready for this blah blah blah. Right then, I'm spending all this time with you for no reason other than what happens after dark? The next day she knocks on my door at 6am............yep, 6am! She says sorry and basically says she's my girlfriend. Weird........ Another few weeks pass and it seemed like it was back to being just friends ever since that day. I bought the topic up again and she said that nope, we're not an item and should stop seeing each other. She said the commitment thing wasn't her kettle of fish and she liked her own space. It sucked for me as I liked this girl but knew I could court someone else soon enough.
I realised that she was only ever in it as a mate who liked to be pleasured by Mr Dozer and not interested in being a girlfriend. Typically, I heard some things that she had been hit on by some other dudes here and there during our time together and while she didn't go to bed with them she didn't exactly give the impression she was spoken for. One guy got a swollen lip for ghis effort in that down the track and another got pushed off his bike! Ha, what a bully.
Anyway, water under the bridge and all that but you may need to realise she is the same kind of girl and might only want the sword? You can co exist with people like that but keeping your heart out of it is advisable. Something may blossom out of it but it sounds like she isn't too confident in herself or is just a playful kind of girl. Either way, hit her up! ;)

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
My new wardrobe door that I had to plane down (not fun) still smells like cat piss and stinks out my whole room. Even after another coat of paint, countless washing and about a month of time it still stinks. Honestly think i'm just going to have to throw it out and get a new one. Fuck you shit cats (not mine, she is orsm).

Knut

Troll hunter
I have a Ridgeback. She hates cats. With a passion.

If you want, you can have her for a week. She is easy to maintain. Two scoops of biscuits per day and a pat every so often. She digs mountain bikes and Yowies. She is not so keen on Triathletes though, so it won't work if you wax.

Promise, no more cat smells.

Last edited: