does anyone elese regret getting the 450d
as soon as i bought it and played around with it
i thought i should of spend the extra couple hundred and gotten the 40d

tu plang

knob
does anyone elese regret getting the 450d
as soon as i bought it and played around with it
i thought i should of spend the extra couple hundred and gotten the 40d
Just sold one and got a 50D. Feature wise the 450D was enough for me but the size really got to me after a while. Its not really made with adult male hands in size. Sounds trivial but yes...

tu plang

knob
how long did you have the 450d for before you sold it
ive had it since early Feb
had it since the start or november up until a week ago. if you throw it up on ebay it'll be snapped up really quick for a pretty decent price - probably hope for 850+ on something that new.

tu plang

knob
How do you like the 50d
alot better then the 450d?
and how much did you get it for
yeah the 50D has a few neat features that i didn't even weigh into my decision that im really liking (as with the 40D) its got the scroll wheel and the thumb stick which are awesome. The VGA LCD is nice too. overall stoked. got it for 1545.

norco01

Likes Dirt
sorry gluey, really not doing anything for me at all with those. Thats why i like shooting surfing better, they make better subjects. You need quality bodyboarders to get good shots, doing ars's and the like. Good compo though.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
sorry gluey, really not doing anything for me at all with those. Thats why i like shooting surfing better, they make better subjects. You need quality bodyboarders to get good shots, doing ars's and the like. Good compo though.
If he got any shots of the pits people were getting this morning they could look cool. Some of the nicest barrels i've seen in a while.

norco01

Likes Dirt
If he got any shots of the pits people were getting this morning they could look cool. Some of the nicest barrels i've seen in a while.
Reef or sand bottom? Waves are still mental up here, some solid 3m sets coming through on the open beaches. No one is stupid enough to go out where i was though, and the water is as poo brown/really sharky, especially when the sun goes behind the clouds.

edit: Gluey, number 2 looks kinda weird, just the colours. 3 is rad though

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Reef or sand bottom? Waves are still mental up here, some solid 3m sets coming through on the open beaches. No one is stupid enough to go out where i was though, and the water is as poo brown/really sharky, especially when the sun goes behind the clouds.

edit: Gluey, number 2 looks kinda weird, just the colours. 3 is rad though
That's reef. One of the gnarliest in Sydney actually, although from those shots you can't see anything. Looking at it from the side, when it sucks below sea level and there's bare rock, makes you question whether you really want to be out there. It's funny, the water out there is super clean, but when I went and surfed the beach later on there was enough seaweed and leaves around to drown you.

norco01

Likes Dirt
That's reef. One of the gnarliest in Sydney actually, although from those shots you can't see anything. Looking at it from the side, when it sucks below sea level and there's bare rock, makes you question whether you really want to be out there. It's funny, the water out there is super clean, but when I went and surfed the beach later on there was enough seaweed and leaves around to drown you.
Shark Island? The foam at the GC today was like 30cm thick, you couldnt breathe paddling through it, and it was brown. Feral!

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Shark Island? The foam at the GC today was like 30cm thick, you couldnt breathe paddling through it, and it was brown. Feral!
That's Winki. It's about the same gnarly-ness as Shark Island, it just doesn't work too well above about 6 or 8 feet.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
quick question for the snobbles out there.
I recently bought a sony a200(actually it was a while ago) and now Im looking at buying a camera mounted flash.
so can any one reccomend any that are cheap and pretty straight forward to use. Dont mind second hand

cheers

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, why is it that canon's (i dont know about other brands) have a halfway turn on switch, or two on switches. One turns the camera on, the other turns the little scroll wheel on (not the one near the shutter, the one next to the screen).

T'is quite puzzling..

JoshP

Likes Dirt
Hey i havnt posted in here for a while now. I took these this morning but didnt turn out as i was hopeing, but anyway C&C please.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
So snobbers,

Talk to me about insuring my camera/associated paraphernalia...anyone ventured down this track?