The Photo Snob Thread

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tristan (or anyone) have you had a chance to play with the new V4's yet?

Leitch - any experience with the 20mm f2.8??

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
although a bit creepy nizai, first ones really cool, really like it a lot

second one isnt to excitin g but, not a whooel lot goin on

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Landing in Bali, hanging for 3-5 days, then heading up to Jakarta (probably flying, depending on price, but we might find another way...out of interest, can you suggest anything? We're doing it on the cheap...) and from Jakarta we're going to head across to the Mentawai Islands for around 3 weeks, then we'll head back to Bali the way we came and fly home. Can't wait!
Def fly whenever possible. Just get on a Garuda flight, they are best option. Buses are just not worth it, and boats will take forever.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Who's snobbing at le five dock jam tomorrow?
I'll be there provided it's not raining. That reminds me, I need flash batteries, pronto!

Anyone interested in a:
Tamron AF 80 - 210mm F4.5 - 5.6.
Was the "offers over $100" for the lenses as well? What kinda price are you thinking for the above? If all else fails (like I can't spare the money for a 70-200) i'd be pretty keen to take it as a general walk-around lens.

Tristan (or anyone) have you had a chance to play with the new V4's yet?
I haven't had a chance to play but have read a bit about them. My main concern is peoples complaints to do with how something needs to be adjusted to work with SB600's (which are the two flashes I own). I'm also annoyed at the fact they're not backwards compatible, meaning I have to buy a trigger and three or four receivers (i'm grabbing a couple more flashes soon), instead of just one or two receivers. I guess I should've expected that though.

I'm sure more user-reviews will come out over the next few months, but i'm definitely keen to pick up a set soon - 100ft range, sturdier receiver body, etc. My current PT-04's have had it and are being held together with duct tape, so they'll be a welcome change.

Infact, I was about to order some a few days after they came out, but spent too much time deliberating and they all sold out. Haha.

Def fly whenever possible. Just get on a Garuda flight, they are best option. Buses are just not worth it, and boats will take forever.
Cheers mate, will do.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, saw your post in another forum. Initially put in an order for the V2 set then realised the V4 was out..cancelled my first order then had to wake up at odd hours to get my order in. GI are limiting sales to 100units a day. I'm just heading off to see if I can get a cheap 2nd flash from Cash converters...or i might have to order the Cactus/Vivitar unit.

tu plang

knob
Righto kiddies.

Any of you snobbers looking for a pretty much brand spanking new 450D? I reckon less than 2000 shots, and looks mint. Two tiny tiny scratches on the LCD from where my camera bag rubbed - other than that it's perfect.

You tell me what the going rate is...
Hey dude, just for a reference, I just sold my 450D. I saw a few 450D + 18-55mm IS kits go for as much as $900 on ebay recently which i thought was a bit too much. A few people pm'ed me on here about it but timing was an issue so i put it on ebay starting at $600 with $850 b.i.n. for 450D + 18-55mm IS, phottix grip and SD card and it sold over night for the $850.

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couple of photos I took while up in Queensland. Couldn't get any brilliant angles due to being seated in a crowd. C&C appreciated! First time I've taken photos of "motorsport". I've got about 7 good ones, but I don't wanna clog the thread too much.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Cheers for the comments guys. They look pretty dull on my notebook, look great on my MacBook Pro and PC monitors. Do they need to be tighter crops?

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
From the reviews so far of the V4 triggers there has nothing but bad things said about them.

Dodgy firing, poorly placed channel switches and more expensive than V2s. It could be that these are the early versions and the bugs will get worked out but at the moment I'd steer clear.

saMfish

Likes Dirt

My mate Josh getting his parkour on!
I faked the fisheye in photoshop ^^ What do you guys think? I know the subject matter isn't that interesting and the lighting isn't perfect, but composition wise, any ideas/thoughts?

takai

Eats Squid
Right, just a couple from a friends 30th.

Theme was a 20s party, so developed in kind.

Continually impressed by this G10.

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whoa nice find! seeing that i pretty given up on riding for photography! :p now i dont have to change forums!! yeow!

just taken the plunge, splurged on my 2nd L lens, 24-70mm f 2.8L to go with my 200mm f 2.8II L! cant wait for it to arrive!

oh and if anyones interested, im also selling my EF 24mm 2.8 prime for cheap cheap!! :)

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I like it :)

Going Filming/ Photographing body boarding tomorrow morning nice and early so some help nice and quick would be great.

Basically it'll be overcast with some breaks with some decent light. I'll be able to take shots from front on and the side. Will be taking a tripod for videoing and putting camera on.

Will hopefully be using 5D with 35-350 F3.5 L with a 1.4x extender. Any thoughts on gear selection?

Any tips about photographing bodyboarding/ surfing in general will be really helpful.