Assaulted on thursday night.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
yeah sawtells 100% right.

I dont think i'm being prejudiced, just not naive. I'm not going to ignore past patterns and trends, if that makes sense. That being said i'm really not a racist at all, as i have friends and family who suffered pretty badly from it and while i enjoy racist jokes at times (yeah whatever) I don't take it out on people.
not a whole lot of consistency there mate.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
He's just being honest... I'd say most people have at least a small chuckle when a funny, racist joke is told. I don't think that makes somebody racist (some would argue it does), but that's just my opinion.

skivi

Likes Dirt
taken from the age-
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fatal Halloween party bashing: call for witnesses

* Gabrielle Costa
* November 4, 2008

Detectives investigating the death of a 16-year-old Fairfield boy have renewed their plea for witnesses to come forward.

Justin Galligan died after he was struck in the head at a Halloween party in Balwyn North last Friday night.

He had gone to a house in Jacka Street with several friends.

Police said a fight broke out after a group of youths gatecrashed the party. Justin was allegedly king hit and struck his head when he fell to the ground.

He was taken home afterwards but failed to wake on Saturday morning. He died at 4.30pm on Sunday.

Today, police released a statement saying Homicide Squad detectives had "interviewed all parties involved in the altercation at the party".

They have appealed for any other witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestoppers.com.au.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nicky

'Ross

Eats Squid
Alright superstar, explain this...

I enjoy the the comical stylings of one Dave Chappelle, he often makes humorous observations about white people and makes racist jokes about these said white folk.

DOES THIS MEAN IM RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLEZ???!

Thats the shit I hate, Del makes a worthwhile honest post, that makes complete sense, and all the dogooder politically correct nerds are waiting to jump down their throat and call them out as a racist and a biggot all the time.

mlsred

Likes Dirt
i agree with sawtell on this one on the whole "us vs them" thing me and my mates would get chased about once a week no jokes just because of the way we look ie aussie, my mates are indian greek italian and every other race you can poke a stick at (besides lebonese) I am a bit of a racist but only when people make dumb comment, i have started one fight in my life, a guy at school told me he didn't like the way aussies acted so i got up from my chair and yelled across the classroom "well if you don't like it f*** off and go back to your own war torn country" then the 3 aussies in the class laughed themselves stupid and about 10 lebos got up and started walking towards me, luckily i was in a wood class and had a hammer in my hand, they realised and all backed off.................real heros

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Alright superstar, explain this...

I enjoy the the comical stylings of one Dave Chappelle, he often makes humorous observations about white people and makes racist jokes about these said white folk.

DOES THIS MEAN IM RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLEZ???!
Assuming you're white, it means that you're self-deprecating.

Thats the shit I hate, Del makes a worthwhile honest post, that makes complete sense, and all the dogooder politically correct nerds are waiting to jump down their throat and call them out as a racist and a biggot all the time.
Well it doesn't even seem worthwhile in this thread when you consider this

Nah that night it was Aussies on Aussies. Nobody is safe.
It's high time people looked at actions of these violent people rather than their skin colour.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's high time people looked at actions of these violent people rather than their skin colour.
Skin colour, race and religion aside the facts are there - there are lebs which act tough, bash people, steal/wreck/vandalise other peoples property all while operating in large numbers.

Why the fuck should we neglect to acknowledge this uncalled behaviour in fear of some sort of lashback and get labelled as 'racist' etc. when someone pipes up about being assaulted, having their possesions flogged or wrecked by a certain group of fuckwits in particular?

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Skin colour, race and religion aside the facts are there - there are lebs which act tough, bash people, steal/wreck/vandalise other peoples property all while operating in large numbers.
People from all races 'act tough, bash people' etc. Not just 'lebs' as you put it.

Why the fuck should we neglect to acknowledge this uncalled behaviour in fear of some sort of lashback and get labelled as 'racist' etc. when someone pipes up about being assaulted, having their possesions flogged or wrecked by a certain group of fuckwits in particular?
No-one said you should neglect to acknowledge this behaviour. Just don't blame a whole race of people because of the actions of a few.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People from all races 'act tough, bash people' etc. Not just 'lebs' as you put it.
Yes, not disagreeing with you there. But I was relating it back to what Sawtell, Ross and Del had to say about the matter. Which may be a little OT to the original topic as the OP was bashed by what seems a bunch of caucasian thugs.

No-one said you should neglect to acknowledge this behaviour. Just don't blame a whole race of people because of the actions of a few.
A whole race wasn't ridiculed for the actions for a stupid few. In saying that it isn't unfair to say that the lebs you see in large groups are 'up to no good'. It's not a stereotype or a generalistation but a fact.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter

fucking spot on, its what makes me hate farkin... all the internet hero's trying to show how "smart" and correct they are.. its not just about racisim, it happens with everything, some one makes a worthwhile post, and they miss spell a word, BANG shot down by 10 people in 10 minutes...

get over what society wants you to think and say, and be true to your self and others...

Capital Punishment

Cannon Fodder
Yesterday night (Thursday 30/10/08) my Brother picked me up from work. On the way home a girl who was nearby asked to be dropped off at the local skatepark because her friends would take her home from there. When we pulled up there was a White VL calais with like 6 girls sitting in it and the girl in our car, (Holly Humphreys)(AKA Ganga) Was like come meet my friends. So my bro and his mate got out of the car and was like sure, these look like some nice birds. When they went out of the car i was still in the back seat. Next thing i know this Guy pops up next to the driver window and was yellin out "Nice care mate, Can i have a drive?" And my Brother said "No mate keys stay with me." Then they asked my brother, Whats your name again mate? My Brother said, Oh Kurt. And then the guy says "Its him!" Next thing i know 9 Of his big mates jumps out from behind the toilet block. My Brother takes off. Two guys were chasing him, We had no idea what happend to Our mate, And all these guys were preeety much pulling the car apart. Then they saw me (Still in the backseat, Stunned of whats going on) Next thing i know, My door flies open and i get kicked in the face. Ripped ouot of the car, And two blokes (Early 20's) Were holding me up, And were taking turns at hay makers on my face. Then they Took my phone and wallet and told me to "Fuck off or your dead." I Was to shocked so i just walked away towards my brother, Which had taken refuge in the tennis courts. Luckily there was people playing tennis in there, Or my brother could have said bye bye to his life. When the tennis players were on the phone to the cops. We could hear them all yelling and screaming, And my brothers new car being torn apart.

When they left we went back to the car and saw what was left, All the stuff my brother had in the back of his car was scattered everywhere in the carpark. All the side panels of the car were kicked in. The Windscreen was smashed. And the rims were ruined from baseball bat blows. After 5 calls to the police station on 000, 40 minutes later they turn up,Slowley crawling down the street, No sirens no nothing.

Im Glad its all over now, I wish i had my phone and wallet back. Just bought em both, took me two months at work to pay for it, Setting me even further back for new parts foor my bike.

I just felt like telling someone about this.

Thanks.
mate that sucs arse hope u get back at the guys that did this 2 u

'Ross

Eats Squid
Well it doesn't even seem worthwhile in this thread when you consider this
Your an idiot, have you even read the whole thread? We were not talking about the specifics of that particular incident, we were talking about a general trend that involves young males of lebanese descent running around in large gangs beating the shit out of people for no reason, something which we actually have to deal with where we live.

And another thing, nobody has said that lebos are the ONLY cause of any problems, sure anybody can be a dickhead regardless of their ethnicity, its just that an alarming number of these incidents are instigated by one particular race.

Sawtell really hit the nail on the head though about farkin, you cant make a genuine post these days and tell how it really is...in regards to ANYTHING!

lawry

Likes Dirt
Your an idiot, have you even read the whole thread? We were not talking about the specifics of that particular incident, we were talking about a general trend that involves young males of lebanese descent running around in large gangs beating the shit out of people for no reason, something which we actually have to deal with where we live.

And another thing, nobody has said that lebos are the ONLY cause of any problems, sure anybody can be a dickhead regardless of their ethnicity, its just that an alarming number of these incidents are instigated by one particular race.

Sawtell really hit the nail on the head though about farkin, you cant make a genuine post these days and tell how it really is...in regards to ANYTHING!
+1
5 words for rednightmare "fuck off and wake up"

+1

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
, have you even read the whole thread?
Yes I have.
We were not talking about the specifics of that particular incident,
Yes we were. For about the first four or five pages.

we were talking about a general trend that involves young males of lebanese descent running around in large gangs beating the shit out of people for no reason, something which we actually have to deal with where we live.
By trend, do you mean racial stereotype? Why doesn't matter that they're Lebanese. Do you really care who it is beating the shit out of you?

Well actually they were the only race specifically mentioned repeatedly. You still haven't mentioned why someone's race is important when judging their actions.

Well, if a 'geniune post' is racist then what do you expect?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes I have.

You've completely dodged the question. As you've been told by other members and I, we're not talking about the OT but a different matter at hand.

You've completely dodged the question. You've been told that we aren't necasarilly talking about the OT topic by a few other members and I in previous posts.

By trend, do you mean racial stereotype? Why doesn't matter that they're Lebanese. Do you really care who it is beating the shit out of you?

Well actually they were the only race specifically mentioned repeatedly. You still haven't mentioned why someone's race is important when judging their actions.
Racial stereotype? Huh? It's fucking fact. Groups of yound Lebanese males DO cause harm to others, they do steal, wreck and destroy stuff that belongs to others. How is it still considered a 'racial stereotype' when these groups are continually committing acts which have no place in society?

Can you not see the relevance in identifying the trouble makers? Naming and identifying the culprits of the continual bashings of innocent victims and the cunts that steal shit is the first step to make for any change. Also, how the fuck are we going to make a menze (sp?) if we don't know who to talk to or approach?

It's a bit like a teacher saying "Oh well, I can't tell the class clown to pull his head in otherwise he'll get upset, chuck a tantrum and disrupt more kids, then go home and tell his parents that I'm being unfair on him and that he's not to blame because he's not done anything wrong....so I best not say anything and let the disruption continue"

emcgough

Likes Dirt
No, by trend he means what is currently occuring on a regular basis. How old are you? (I'm guessing not 18-25) Do you go out at night? I'm not even from the same state as these guys and I know where they're coming from.

I'll tell you what, if you could somehow get stats on which ethnic groups start fights and indulge in antisocial "group mentality" behaviour the most often (obviously impossible, but for the sake of argument...), I would bet money that the aforementioned group of people would top that list.
Why should he mention why race is important when judging people's actions? Nobody has ever suggested anything close to that, you're just being fucking ridiculous now.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Can you not see the relevance in identifying the trouble makers? Naming and identifying the culprits of the continual bashings of innocent victims and the cunts that steal shit is the first step to make for any change. Also, how the fuck are we going to make a menze (sp?) if we don't know who to talk to or approach?
Exactly - identifying trouble makers. As Breaka said, it's the first step towards change, but also in the meantime it's good to be aware yourself of what various ethnic groups are likely to do/how they are likely to behave... not trying to say that they definetely will start shit with you/bash you, but statistically speaking, there is a greater chance of that occuring. It doesn't hurt to be aware of the facts, in fact it is beneficial.

Rednightmare I have to once again laugh when you say "how is race important when judging someone's actions?". How fucking off topic and random can you get? We're not judging what people do more harshly because of their race, when do you think this was said?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Yes I have.

Ummmm whole thread means WHOLE THREAD, not four or five pages fool:rolleyes:

By trend I mean hard facts, although I wouldn't expect someone such as yourself to even comprehend this, seeing as you don't even understand what is being discussed.

Well, if a 'geniune post' is racist then what do you expect?
I expect people like you to not participate in conversations that they understand nothing about, I give up trying to explain....pretty much everyone with a clue got the point pages ago, you just go on believing what you want to believe in your little make believe world up in your castle in the sky;)

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Racial stereotype? Huh? It's fucking fact. Groups of yound Lebanese males DO cause harm to others, they do steal, wreck and destroy stuff that belongs to others. How is it still considered a 'racial stereotype' when these groups are continually committing acts which have no place in society?
Because it's not just these groups committing violent acts. The OP got beaten up by a gang of white people....

But the 'trouble-makers' are from all different backgrounds. You're not identifying anyone. You're just slandering a race based on your subjective experience, not fact. The fact that someone is Lebanese and in a group does not mean that they are going to cause trouble anymore than a group of white/asian/black people is going to.

It's a bit like a teacher saying "Oh well, I can't tell the class clown to pull his head in otherwise he'll get upset, chuck a tantrum and disrupt more kids, then go home and tell his parents that I'm being unfair on him and that he's not to blame because he's not done anything wrong....so I best not say anything and let the disruption continue"
To use your analogy correctly. It's like a teacher saying "I've seen a class clown who was Lebanese. Well I guess all Lebanese people must be class clowns.