Your dumbest stack

When I was young ( pre driver's licence) I rode into the back of a parked ute looking at a purty girl.

Copped a hiding from my mate who witnessed it, until from a distance, he expressed his admiration for a female that upon closer inspection turned out to be his sister.

fergo

Likes Dirt
Got new brake pads on the rim brake mtb when I was a kid and rode flat out along the driveway with the intent to skid to a stop behind the family car. Brakes didn't work at all and I crashed into the back of the car and hit the stem HARD with my crotch. Was badly bruised and couldn't do much at all for 3 days!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode my bike up to a queue for registering at a race. Showed off my awesome track standing ability, then found myself unable to unclip from my pedals and fell straight down on my side with a huge thud in some lovely wet grass.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Me too.
Fell off my bike trackstanding at an intersection for the first time the other day.
Actually, not while I was trackstading, but when the light went green I went to accelerate. I put all my power down to get a good jump but my front wheel went beyond 90 degrees to the frame and when I pushed my bike actually went (what felt like) backwards and sideways at the same time and I just planted straight into the ground.

I had no idea a bike could even go in that direction.

Last edited:

ming

Likes Bikes
Can I post about someone else's funniest stack, as long as it is someone on a fixie ??

Following said fixie along a bike lane beside a busy road. He pulled out to overtake someone, accelerated, and managed to perform a forward somersault !!
I certainly had no idea that a bike could do that either :)

He had a backpack on, which he landed on and took the impact, and there was a gap in the traffic, so the incident remained funny.

200cc

Squid
I was riding home from work one day and thought it would be cool to do a stoppie up to the lights,
no sooner had i grabbed the front brakes I was OTB legs bent as though they were still on the pedals,
hands spread as if they were still on the bars, cause it happened so fast.
I landed on my feet, so that was cool, but bent my RD hanger and had to ride the remaining 30km with only one gear.

Riding out to the local forest when I passed some logs about pedal height, foot snagged one of them and slid about 2 metres...

Mates were behind me and fell off their bikes laughing :eek:hwell::rofl:

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
I had a massive OTB the weekend before last, grazed my elbows, pulled muscles in my back, neck and shoulders and badly bruised my knees where I smacked in to the bars on the way over. It bloody hurt and left me stunned for a couple of minutes and sore since.

I would love to say that it happened when I tried to hit up a massive 10 metre gap jump that we had carved out of solid rock with a tea spoon and our teeth by the light of a candle in a howling storm whilst on a tricycle, but sadly that was not the case.

After riding with clips for nearly 20 years I recently decided to go back to flats on my AM bike for a change. It was going pretty well except for a lack of confidence jumping without the security of having my feet physically attached to the bike [clearly showing up a lack of good technique]. To combat this I decided to pull out my sons old plywood BMX jumps that a chippy friend had made him 7 years ago when he was 8 or so and get some practice in.
I set them up on the nature strip outside our house. There are two of them, one a massive 450mm high : ) the other all of 350mm.
The bigger one was set up as the take off with the small one as the lander. As my confidence grew so did the gap between them.
And then my wife decided to come out of the house and watch…, cue the bigger run up, harder pedal on the run in and as a result a massive over jump of the lander, the bike rotated forward as it missed the landing ramp and I was body slammed in to my nicely manicured nature strip.

My wifes concern for my health was truly touching until she realised that my income producing capacity was not harmed at which point I became a stupid old bugger who should have known better at 49

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
There's always the classic skid to hard coming into the shuttle turn around and falling over in front of all your mate's.

creole

Likes Bikes
took some stairs onfront of mates in my 29er, rolled over a sand crack at the bottom of the stairs, wheel jammed up, and i did groin thrust into my stem and sore pubic bone. 1" lower and idve lost a nut for sure.

mongoosemichael

Likes Dirt
Hit a double on my bike totally botched the landing by landing into the second jump. Ended in an over the handle bars face plant. Cracked ribs and half an hour to pick myself up and catch my breath. Lol