Your dumbest stack

youngone

Likes Dirt
I've had plenty of dumb stacks and I’m sure there are heaps of good stories out there so tell us your dumbest stack.

I think my dumbest was waiting at the top of o hill for a mate. I didn't want to unclip so I was leaning on a tree trying to look composed like I’d done the climb easy. Anyway as he comes around the corner I let go of the bars and look over my shoulder- the bars turn, the front wheel rolls away and I promptly fall to the ground still clipped in and still looking at my mate but not looking so composed anymore.

Pauly

Likes Bikes
I was just sitting on my frame at some jumps when my thigh got stuck between my seat and the top tube of my frame. i fell over and my mates had to help me get my leg out.

Last edited:

.:Easily:.

Likes Dirt
Pauly said:
I was just sitting on my frame at some jumps when my thigh got stuck between my seat and the top tube of my frame. i fell over and my mates had to help me get my leg out.
i think i was there that day

my stupidest stack was when me and some friends were talking in a circle sitting on our bikes. i was sitting on my frame and i leant too far back and fell

very embarrasing

lockstock

Likes Bikes
my stupidest stack would have been when i was looking down trying to reposition my feet on the pedals when a sneaky little jump came along and sent me over the bars, i hit the ground laughing.
new 5-10s are on there way

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
riding along on my BMX a few years back.. suddenly hit a rock no bigger than a pebble, bars turn 90 degrees and over i go..

Latest one was i was with some mates at one of their houses sitting on my top tube, leant back and fell over. Haha, atleast im not the only one who does this

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tried a 1m high double (not even a proper jump) today on my dh bike (rather front end heavy). Did it first few times fine so decided to try it with a bit less speed and a bit of a style. Went over fine but started nosing badly, nose landed it, back wheel didnt even touch the landing - went straight over. Bit of a sore shoulder, bruised knee and a few scratches :) ouchie! :(

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
Anyone who was at the Toowoomba 4X a few years ago may remember a stupid choad on a avanti XC hardtail with DCs and tripple chainrings. After leaving the gate various gears sliped his feet came off the pedals and went over the bars goind down a 1ft drop rather slowly. At least I was given a shitty tyre for my efforts.

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok

how bout sitting on the top tube with both legs on one side (like a witch)
cruzing along then u turn and u fall on the side u have no legs
you can do nothing except fall it hurt
Pretty stupid
Happy stacking
Al

tombre2

Likes Dirt
the dumbest stack was attempting the windsor 8 pack without a rear brake, i couldn't pull out after the second jump. went up the lip of the third and ended up eating a lot of shit. got a cool graze down my face though

paiaro

Pro Rider
wel mine was at bmx racing when i was on the gate and the fella next to me payed out the organiser dude, i pissed my self laughing (not literally) and fell while i was cliped in but lukely didnt get anyone else to fall over with me

gingerbreadman

Likes Dirt
well we were sitting on our bikes in a circle, when my back wheel somehow ran over my right foot. having no way to get my leg out or to stop myself from falling i just slowly went down. my mates were laughing to hard to help me up so i just lay there for a while

bannorthshore

Likes Bikes
I had a real slack stack when i first started riding road. I unclipped my right leg for a stop sign but i fell to my left side and there was nothing i cud do about it. It was almost in slow motion.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rolling on my driveway looking over my bars to see if my wheel was straight when i ran straight into the back if mum's car. Went over the hangers and landed on the boot:D

P.S I've also done the both legs one side of the bike and the bike falls the other way trick... Several Times

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I stacked in the garage once while learning to use SPD's. Not riding mind you, just leaning against the work bench, practising clipping in and out. Lost my balance (while clipped in of course) and slammed head-first into the wall. F***ing spuds.

demo man

Used to be cool.
when i first changed over to clips i fell over a few times at slow speeds (or totally stationary), sometimes in front of largish audiences (and much to their entertainment).

i once cut all down the side of my calf and knee from miss-timing a gutter hop. it was at a busy intersection on my commute to school, i was paying attention to the cars. i cranked away to cross the roads, at the other side of which was one of those 45* gutters (no, not even a verticle one). keeping an eye on the cars around me i went to bunny-hop over the gutter, and some-how managed to very badly miss-judge the distance i was from the gutter and the speed at which i was traveling, so down came my front wheel, right onto the gutter face. my forks were on lock-out. over the bars and onto the ground, where, as i said before, my left leg found a few nasty shaped rocks.
several cars had a very clear veiw of my stupidity.

i also once fell over on totally flat ground while simply pulling to a stop. my feet where out and everything, but i maganed to over-balance and end up with my arse on the ground. my excuse is that i had just fought my way up a bloody long and steep hill, and was a little lacking in energy.

best one has to be from when i was about 10/11/12. i lived in a smallish town between Canberra and Yass, on 5 acres. we had a fire-road for a driveway, that was basically two parralel single-tracks. i used to pin it so hard down that driveway on my appollo dually!
anyway, at the bottom of it was a gate, and one tim ei went extra-hard because i was showing off to someone, and didn't notice the gate was closed until i was about 3-4 metres from it. not that i had a clear veiw of it for about 100m.
anyway, the chain holding it closed broke when my front wheel hit it and the gate swung wildly open. i was so shocked at the time, i looked over my shoulder to better see what had happened and ran into the fence on the other side of the street.

Ben_9

Banned
wel i was riding on flat road and my friend said if u shake your head around and round u get dizzy and sometimes fall off well i tried it and fell off it feels soooo weird though. You should try it on grass!1!!:p

floody

Wheel size expert
Any time I've lowsided - its always from going in too hot and looks stupid..
Did it at the last DH race I went to and chopped my brake hose with the fork crown, ended up doing a woeful time as I had a hard time changing direction with no rear brake on a couple of "chicanes"...So it cost me time too.

When I was a kid I thought I'd ride through this big puddle after a downpour...little did I know that a section of storm grates about 6ft long had, presumably, been lifted by the water, and after a few metres of 30cm deep water the bike suddenly dropped into a pit/sump that turned out to be about 1.5m deep and full of filthy muddy water, haha.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm....thinking back to my skool days........i was sharing three paper rounds with a mate and we had just picked up our loads of newspapers, I had 250 split in two milk crates tied to my bars...we were cruising along side by side down the road and were talking and I run smack up the arse of a parked car....I went A over T , papers spill everywhere, snapped the forks inside the headtube, the bloke gets out of the car abusing me and my 'mate' just keeps riding off into the sunset......

Macr

Likes Dirt
Leading a club ride in the NT and we had just climbed up from Knotts crossing and we were cutting across hospital land on dusk. I was at the lead obviously with about 6 kids and a number of adults following. I then hit a fallen tree obscured by long grass and dusk. Before I knew it I was going over the bars and didn't even have times to take my hands off the grips. So now my hands were pinned to the ground and the bike was still going over. I looked up so I wouldn't smash head first into the ground, but all this succeded in doing is a face plant and still the bike kept coming. I am now pinned by my hands and face and still clipped into the bike as the saddle now hits me in the back of the head and that is where I stay long enough for all the kids and most of the adults to laugh at me! :eek: