Your claims to fame

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Met and spoke to Michael Hutchence for about 10minutes on Artarmon station in 1982, no witnesses except for my now wife. Savagely pointy shoes....

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Girlfriends Grandfather developed/started the company that made the Burley Football.
According to my older siblings, I 'alledgedly' punched Percy Penguin in the 'nuts' as a little kid and had him/her pretty riled up.

Got to surf with Mike Stewart a few times in SW WA and the East Coast. Not a claim to fame, simply an amazing experience watching him at Noint, Gas, Box and Boodjie.

Last edited:

norco01

Likes Dirt
ok. My step grandmothers sister is married to Dr. Harry (the vet from harry's practice). My Aunt's Uni bar was home bar of the Sex pistols (she said they were awful and would amount to nothing...) And my cousin fences for england. And I know a few olympic white water slalom paddlers. Man, that is a lot of really weak links.
Ive met Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols, and i know where he lives. Next to my cousins beach house in malibu, LA.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Met and spoke to Michael Hutchence for about 10minutes on Artarmon station in 1982, no witnesses except for my now wife. Savagely pointy shoes....
I live near the station where Jon spoke to Michael Hutchence for 10minutes in 1982.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Been in the line up at Snapper with Mick Fanning and Sunny Garcia (He was pushing his son into 3ft waves). Stood next to Rob Michardo while watching heats at Bells. Said g'day to Wayne Gardner and Tom Carroll at Manly. And walked passed Joel Parkinson in Albury. (I'm reaching I know!!!!)
Heaps of other just as wanky, but I can't be bothered typing any more!

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Top that =] My sisters god father and dads best friend, was Michael Hutchence's manager, and also for You Am I and many other artists i cant think of also...

He has also been nominated for an Emmy for a movie he made in cuba or somewhere a while ago, he is up agianst Modonna and such other people.

Also, mum is good friends with Mimi Macpherson (sp?) and has been to our place a few times (yes, elle's sister ;)) The reason i am saying this is becuase we went out water skiing one day and she sun baked topless in our boat =] She has a nice rack =]

And again, Dad played for Australia in Polo for a few years, and travelled the world. Made many contacts along the way, played with Prince Charles, worked for and played Sinclair Hill's polo ponies (best polo player of his time from Aus =]), we also bread and break in polo ponies for Kerry Packer, and when i was last up at his estate up near Skone, called Ellerston, Packer gave me a birthday present =] Was stoked! He was a champ, but cant say the same about James....

There are numerous other things my dad has done and could go on for ages, but meh, that'll do it =]

*one to add that i forgot about =] My dads cousin's (Tonia Toddman, who was the host of 'Healthy Wealthy & Wise' and part of Good Morning Australia) husband, who i sometimes go and work for sometimes, is one of, if not the only person to ever to tell Chopper Read to 'fuck off and grow the fuck up!' He also said that before Chopper cut off his ears he was scared of everyone and all used to pick on him, so he cut his ears to show everyone not to mess with him, but on the inside he is a weak piece of crap lol (*my counsins husband was a psychiatrist (sp?))

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
I go on this internet forum where a bunch of people have had extremely distant connections with B grade celebrities and other such unimportant people:p

Darryl Summers wrote a letter to my mum recently:eek:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I've met Ewan Macgregor twice, and sold him a bunch of motorcycle related goodies. He was rockstar cool at first, but once he realised we weren't going to hassle him for autographs and stuff he hung out and talked bikes like any other motorcycle enthusiast.

Laurence Fishburn punished my ears for 2 hours once too. Another motorcycle enthusiast who isn't too cool to be seen riding a scooter wearing a motox lid, hawaiian shit shorts and thongs. Nice bloke, who told me he thought Australia was quite racist until he worked out that everyone thought he was a Maori and was shit scared of him. I saw the same comment repeated in an interview a couple of weeks later.

John Travolta waved at me from the back of a Trike tour, because I waved to the rider (who I knew) and he thought I was waving at him.

Wayne Gardener on numerous occasions, and he was a bit of a prick each time.

BillyJoel looked at me and said Hi when he stuck his head into the shop for a look.

I had a beer with Ian Gillan from Deep Purple when he did a solo tour many years ago. I got shitfaced with his guitarist, because he was only 23, when the rest of the band were in their mid 40's and he didn't want to go back to the hotel with them

And then there's a whole bunch of motorcycling, motoracing and musical people you wouldn't know

Lame to Fame huh?

parallax

Likes Dirt
Laurence Fishburne and the winner of Big Brother 2 both came into the video store I used to work in as a kid.

At my job now working at the bar at uni I've met heaps of bands. Rise Against, My Chemical Romance, Static X, Il Nino, Coheed and Cambria etc. Usually make sure they've got plenty of drink up in their green rooms. Most recent being the whole cast of the Chaser when they did a Q&A, funny blokes.

When Richard Carleton died there was a service at the uni, I was mixing drinks when I look up from the bar George Negus was staring back at me. Freaky hair.

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
My second cousin was picked for Sydney in the '87 draft!
He got to play five games for them in that year.. but don't ask me what happened next 'coz I got no idea!!

Last edited:

fatass

Banned
Here's another one. I live in the same suburb as Razor Blade :eek:
Hah, I never knew so many farkers had some sort of distant relation with someone reasonably big

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Legend

I have met and spent a few hours talking with the Late P. Brock, on numerous occasions over the last 15 years, was always a great bloke, and gave his time to everyone.....

skivi

Likes Dirt
people seem to find this interesting:
i worked with Gotye (wally) for about 2 years before he quit and took up a full time career as a musician. also i was there the day he put in his letter of resignation. i have never met a nicer person and can honestly say its such a dull place now without him (no i will not reveal the workplace).

I've met Gabrielle Gate a couple of times.
my mum was on good morning Australia once.
dad was ron walkers personal gardener.
i have a relative who's an architect and worked on fed square and numerous other prominent Australian contemporary public buildings/constructions.
i met Robbie McEwan.
i saw Cadel Evans training on Sunday on the great ocean road.
i worked as a volunteer at the personal monastery of his holiness the Dalai Lama in the Himalayas teaching photoshop. also i went to a week long public talk done by HH the Dalai Lama in his the Himalayas.