Your claims to fame

MasterOfReality

After forever
My grandfather received 2 Iron Crosses during WWII. One was 1st Class, the other was 2nd Class.

My great grandfather was a Major General during WWI in Germany.

I am the first 'Dr' in the family, on both sides. At the same time I managed to debunk a major consulting firms theory on mining related subsidence :p

My old housemate's grandmother is Marjorie Jackson, ex athlete and ex governor of SA. She also once went out with Ian Thorpe, but is not sure herself whether he actually likes women.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I don't really see how being connected to a person who is in the public eye or held a high position is a claim to fame, as most responses here entail.

I've got a few, but it just means I know someone high up/on TV etc, not that I have any claim to fame by doing nothing but have a connection to them. This is just an exercise in name dropping in an attempt to achieve nothing at all.

Pfffft.

kizza01

Likes Dirt
You know the movie/musical The King And I?

Well the king that the movie is based on is my great great great grandfather.

murrum

Banned
My favourite is my Grandmothers uncle Bill Lang - William Langfranchi. Heavyweight boxing champion of Australia and played for Richmond.

Stack Shack

Likes Dirt
My dad came second in the world champion ships once, he came first once and he came 11 in the olypics once. All for sailing boats in the tornado class.
I have been to Dick smiths holiday house (about 30 minutes from canberra) an he has had food at our Cella Door/Cafe/Winary. You can also see my shirt on the cover of a slam Magazene when they coverd the belco bowl jam.

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I got told to piss off by former NSW premier Nick Greiner once when I confronted him on education policy.

I also had dinner with Rolf Harris. Well, I had dinner near Rolf Harris.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I charged Johnny Cash's mobile phone, had a drunken conversation with Ronan Keating, (also drunk), was at the signing of the Good Friday Agreement at Dublin Castle. I went on the piss in Brussels with several EU ministers & the RTE foreign correspondent when I should have been installing a new satellite dish.

My cousin once got a lift home from a nightclub with Bono.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Been in the line up at Snapper with Mick Fanning and Sunny Garcia (He was pushing his son into 3ft waves). Stood next to Rob Michardo while watching heats at Bells. Said g'day to Wayne Gardner and Tom Carroll at Manly. And walked passed Joel Parkinson in Albury. (I'm reaching I know!!!!)
Heaps of other just as wanky, but I can't be bothered typing any more!
i surfed with pretty much every competitor at bells pro this year, well last (2007) when it was at johanna instead of bells. that was pretty awsome to watch them tear it up, from so close.

pretty good mates with nick bracks, speak to steve bracks on regualr occasions, was with nick bracks moments before he smashed his car, drink driving you actualy saw me and my mates walking out of his house the next morning fucking media crew... ummmmmmmmmmmmm my uncle owns a few islands and a few hotels in the areas around indo. ive pretty much got nothing.

...was there the day that steve irwin almost fed his kid to the croc, i got a few photo's which apeared in a QLD paper.

yeah im fairly lame.

edit; forget i hve chopper reid's mobile number, and regualry call him when pissed. i hope he cant track my number!!!!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been meaning to get this thread going for months...

My grandad was the first person in australia to get caught by a mobile speed Radar gun. Was on the Amberely RAAF Base.

My Grandad's brother was the first person to import Mobile Speed Radar Guns (So you can all blame me in connection for those speeding tickets :p)

My cousin is an actress that's starred in major roles alongside Hugh Jackman etc. (Paperback Hero) Starred in CSI. (Her Names Angie Milliken). She also starred in Jaws.

My ancestoral relative was the primary carriage driver for Queen Elizabeth... the 2nd??

I have Russel Crowe's private mobile number.

Our family (past) was THE pioneer family in Longreach QLD.

The same family was the first people to work for QANTAS.

The same family underwent the longest cattledrive in Australian history.

That family also has a Castle somewhere in Scotland... but we don't know where. Nor do we have any ownership :( But it's still kind of ours..

My dad has done 30 IRONMAN.

My dad has met the Duke of Edinborough.

My mum organised functions for the Governer General.

My dad's used the Queen of England's royal toilet in Canberra.

That's all I can think of atm...

Last edited:

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thread is a killer read.

My ggggggggggggreat granddaddys brother on my fathers side was the first person to escape into the australian bush from the convicts sent here.
He was never re-capturbed but thr story goes he was taken in by a group of naitives and was responsible for the first anglo'/abo'...

mongoosedh

Banned
I've got something that is better dan yours. :)

Wait for it....Dick Smith landed his jet-helimachopter in my back-fucking-yard, hmm, beat that. And yes, I know him well. :D

I am very good friends with the group of Australian mountain climbers which were the first aussies to climb Everest.

My family own the longest running family buisness in Australia (I'm pretty sure), which is an orange farm, which also happened to be the first orange farm in Australia.

Someone in my family was a Supreme Court judge. :)

I know Amiel Cavelier pretty well.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am very good friends with the group of Australian mountain climbers which were the first aussies to climb Everest.
We're good friends with the guy (aussie) that was the first person in the world to climb Everest oxygen unassisted.

mongoosedh

Banned
Awesome! You know the climber that almost died decending Everest in 2006? Lincoln Hall, he's my next door neighbor in the Blue Mountains. :p

geva

Likes Bikes
Back around 8 or 9 years ago when the 'postcard bandet' broke out of wacol prison he ended up in my backyard and the dog chased him out. Police were round and my old man was on the news.