Women, etc.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Realistically it depends if she's mature about it or not, and whether he acknowledges fault and responsibility rather than just trying to blow it off as nothing important.
Agreed. I'd hope (and assume...maybe i have to much faith?) that he'd do so.

I still don't see how it would improve the relationship. Previously Ziggy has said that relationships are built on honesty and communication, I believe they are tools that build trust.

I don't understand. Communication doesn't necessarily build only trust, it can build a better understanding of the person you love, an understanding that can only cause the both of you to grow and reap all the benefits.

By owning up, you are destroying trust. Understanding that you fucked up, and never doing it again is the way forward. If you can't trust yourself not to do it again, then by all means own up, so the girl knows what she's getting herself into. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone is understanding about them.
By owning up, you are showing your partner that you have accepted your actions and are prepared to take the consequences. Trust will come into play, im sure the person who's 'cheated' would like to trust in his partner and think that she would ultimately forgive him.

Those who do not understand there mistakes are those who chose to ignore them. They won't get very far. Especially when there mistakes affect not just them, but there partner, whom i would hope is a very big part of their life.

Bla bla bla im hungry and i want dinner. I don't know if im making sense. Point is, do not keep shit like this a secret. Its wrong.

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bout time this thread got a bump.

Anyway;

Currently (have been for months) going through a weird phase where I constantly feel pressed for time in my relationship. It honestly feels like time is running out all too quickly. Any of you more intelligent fellas know what this could be down to? I'm willing to bet it's down to some insecurity on my part, but is there a way to combat it?

Thanks in advance
Welshy,

For starters, I'm only 17, but here's some of my advice, and personal experience. Please don't judge by my age, as I really think it isn't a factor for this.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 9 months now. It's a strong relationship, and both feel very attached to each other. Every adult we have met tells us how were like an old married couple and so on and so forth. We haven't had a major fight yet..Kinda.

Ok, the kinda part you're wondering?
Two days before Christmas, both my pride and joys got stolen from my house. I've been working since I was 12 to get them, and both my bikes and I have been through a lot together. I was absolutely shattered. What made it worse was the girlfriend was going away to America for 3 weeks with her and a male basketball team, and I to, have struggled with slight depression. I trusted her completely, but not some of the guys on the team, which she would be sleeping near. Alas, She went away, and all I could feel was emptiness because I had nothing to do, and I was so used to spending almost everyday with her and it had all stopped. I didn't get very much communication with her so was only able to talk every could of days. What made it worse was the fact a few days into her leaving, I had found two family members that I am very close to, are soon to pass. On top of this my family was having trouble and all it was was fights each night and on the verge of people moving out etc.. Even more so on this, a few of my close friends and I decided to go our own ways, but not very peacefully. As you can imagine, there wasn't much left for me and I was close to breaking down entirely.

The girlfriend got back, and her mother had formed a very large 'vendetta' against me. She sent me two abusive text messages saying how I am a spoilt brat and the most selfish person she has ever, ever met and that I should just get out of there family's lives. I was taken aback as we had been getting along well before the girlfriend left. This whole holiday period I was looking forward to the girlfriend coming away with my family for a few days and then me going with theirs for a few in return. This was the thought i had been holding on to that was keeping me together in the one piece. As you can imagine, at this I lost it at this point and swung from a almost depressed mood into a complete break down. Not suicidal thoughts, not cutting my self, but endless tears and sitting on 2 story house roofs for hours on end (I find comfort in high places).

Moral of the story you ask?

I almost lost the thing I love most in this world because of the break down. I had her in tears watching me walk along a roof (even though i was never contemplating to jump). I had formed to many insecure thoughts on our relationship during the time she was away that I couldn't take it anymore if I had found out something had happened. After ward's she told me that she was having similar insecure thoughts while she was away. Neither of us ever considered cheating, or not trusting each other, but rather not trusting the other people around ourselves. Both of us feel that these insecure thoughts could have ended our amazing relationship if assumptions had formed.

So the moral of the moral.

As hard as it is, don't let the thoughts of insecurity ruin a perfectly good relationship. If you love each other, things will work out in the end, and all should be good. You both need to let each other branch out and spend time with opposite genders and other friends, and the relationship will work better. If she's overseas, let her have fun! Don't bring her down while she's away, or it will only have a negative effect.

I'm not so sure that's an answer to your question, but I think it's good that you know you have someone else in a similar situation to you Welshy. Sorry if none of the above post made sense!

EDIT:
Found the post that you posted originally that I based my 'help' off.

Hmm, true to that.

I'm honestly finding the hardest part of my relationship at the moment is to truly believe her when she says it. Hell, by no means am I saying it's bad, or that she doesn't show her love, but making yourself completely vulnerable is a scary move.

We've been together for 6 months tomorrow, (yes I know, not all that long term) and I can honestly say i wouldn't change anything.

Okay, all bright and happy, right? She's leaving for Europe on Sunday, a 2 month trip that will see her return late January. She's absolutely terrified she'll come home to find me gone (by which i don't just mean other girls, I've had a lot of trouble with depression in the past) and it's killing her.

All of you wise guys, any ideas to convince her I'll be there? I've given her a book with photographs and special things in it, but i need something more substantial.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice guys.

The guy was me, im a pathetic attempt at a confident and proud human being and i didnt want to admit it to anyone, including e-people, that it was me.

Not a problem anymore she dumped me, told me she stayed with me out of pity since i found out about my hips (Dual cam lesions, 12 months rehab after surgery) so she's got a nice fuck off.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
That really sucks for both of you (probably more welshy :p),hang in there.

@ Welshy, also a fan of sitting on rooftops, a shitload more peaceful and really good views from my house. Did you do anything to set the Mum off at all?

@ Sweeny did you end up telling her or did she just dump you anyway?

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
@ Sweeny did you end up telling her or did she just dump you anyway?
Funnily enough, all she did was see some facebook posts between this girl and i, got jealous and whinged to me, i said no sympathy here ive always been jealous you never care. Her being used to being a princess, completely flipped out and left me.

I guess after that its definately the best thing for me.

S.

ex offender
Funnily enough, all she did was see some facebook posts between this girl and i, got jealous and whinged to me, i said no sympathy here ive always been jealous you never care. Her being used to being a princess, completely flipped out and left me.

I guess after that its definately the best thing for me.
Good attitude mate. That sort of stuff sucks for a while, but life goes on, and it's good (esp at your age!) that you recognise that there's no point being stuck with someone like that anyway.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
oh yer, how completly utter shite is the "friend zone"?
Depends on whether you want to friends or not. I swear, i wish some of the girls who've been keen on me put me in the friend zone....................

If u want to get your end wet however, then yes, it is somewhat shit.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok chick buffs:

This notorious lowie keeps messaging me wanting to" catch up". yay, or nay?:p
Yes i'm being a serious smartass

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to convince your girlfriend that spending money on bike stuff is ok?

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Ok chick buffs:

This notorious lowie keeps messaging me wanting to" catch up". yay, or nay?:p
Yes i'm being a serious smartass
Am I showing my age if I ask what a lowie is?

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to convince your girlfriend that spending money on bike stuff is ok?
Take up top fuel drag racing for a couple of years. She'll beg you to buy bike stuff after that.

Otherwise, don't mention it and just replace existing parts with new ones of the same colour.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You shouldn't of told her. Now you just set the precedent for how much you have to spend on her in comparison to show her that you value her somewhat compared "that bloody bicycle"
Ummmm... wrong person?

Crofty, a 'slut', to put it eloquently.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 17 and have never heard of a "lowie."

A goes-low-er? Low standard? Low to the ground... short?