Wisdom Teeth

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you ever heard of 'difflam' Hach Bee? It's an anti inflammation mouthwash. Absolutely phenomenal stuff, numbs your mouth out like nothing I've ever used, will sting for a bit, but I goes away.

Everyone's different with wisdom teeth I think. I took 9 days but some people I know bounced back in the same day!
Yup, doesn't last long enough for me. <more high school jokes>

Think my drug tolerance is waaayyy to high, but thankfully, never any illicit ones!

That or my pain tolerance is fucked.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably a bit of both. I'very had a pinched nerve in my back a couple of times. It is horrendously painful, and requires many fists full of pills that easily managed other injuries I have had (like broken bones etc). As the suffering goes on (longest was being barely able to walk for about 6 weeks) the drugs don't work. So I juggle what I treat it with.

Worse is that most real pain relief has some level of addictiveness and when you dont be needing it no more your body goes nuts for a few days. What a roller coaster! If you can get a script diazepam works great and is likely something you haven't had before. But be warned! Being Valium it is a bit addictive and doctors look at you funny when you ask for it....same with endone. Damn smackies have made pain management difficult.

The mouth wash is not just for numbness, it also keeps shit.clean. in theory...

Now back to making MANY high school gags! But I'll keep them to myself.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And straight teeth are overrated! Unless you have a serious teeth related issue, in which case it isn't a bad idea to get them fixed.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah my father was addicted to Valium, I'm staying the hell away from it.

Straight teeth aren't so overrated... being female and all it's something that bothers me. In fact probably bothers me most of anything?

Bring on the jokes!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bring on the jokes!
well then.....no i think it would be cruel while you are suffering. but if you need any help getting your jaw to open further let me know. i suspect it needs a little gentle persuasion, or wd40. oh and i'd be happy to provide a 3rd opinion on the straight/crooked teeth.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Straight teeth aren't so overrated... being female and all it's something that bothers me. In fact probably bothers me most of anything?

Bring on the jokes!
I would rather wonky teef than bad punctuation.... Please don't use a question mark when making a statement.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would rather wonky teef than bad punctuation.... Please don't use a question mark when making a statement.
Sorry DM, I will type 'I must punctuate correctly' 100x for you (copy paste job of course)

Massive data entry day at work, losing my typing skills a little toward the back end of today! FTR it should have been an exclamation.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Massive data entry day at work, losing my typing skills a little toward the back end of today! FTR it should have been an exclamation.
the ! and ? are a long way apart. ease back on the codeine and maybe consider glasses before the invisaline....

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Yeah my father was addicted to Valium, I'm staying the hell away from it.

Bring on the jokes!
Valium is a muscle relaxant more than painkiller anyway.
cwe your forte maybe ? then you can take a lot more without the paracetamol, according to swim....

my wisdoms will have to come out in a couple months, i'm so glad i read this thread >< >< ><

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my wisdoms will have to come out in a couple months, i'm so glad i read this thread >< >< ><
My best advice- if they've been bad leading up to it, prepare for the worst. My were awful for about 4 years, and I just never had the time or money to get them out until now.

Progress report: no progress today. Still only a finger width opening for my jaw. Fml.... getting sick of this flat food diet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My best advice- if they've been bad leading up to it, prepare for the worst. My were awful for about 4 years, and I just never had the time or money to get them out until now.

Progress report: no progress today. Still only a finger width opening for my jaw. Fml.... getting sick of this flat food diet.
Skip the flat and whizzzzzzzz up some flavour! Sure you feel like a baby, but at least it will be a flavour assault.

Are you able to conduct yourself in a remotely normal way at present? Or is everything still plenty out of whack?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Skip the flat and whizzzzzzzz up some flavour! Sure you feel like a baby, but at least it will be a flavour assault.

Are you able to conduct yourself in a remotely normal way at present? Or is everything still plenty out of whack?
I'm very much over mashed vegies but I'm a massive flavour fan anyway so everything I eat has at least some kind of herb/chilli/garlic/citrus additions!

Apart from eating I'm pretty much functional, still having to essentially slurp food off a spoon because I can't get one in my mouth with food on it... public eating is completely out of the question at the moment.

Had a friend who wasn't able to go back to real food- ie. steak- for about a month and I'm hoping but dreading mine won't be the same! Managed some pasta the past two days, but it's bland as shit.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Well, I must be one of the lucky ones, 30yrs old and they're all fine. My mum had 5 wisdom teeth removed - that's some rotten luck, my dad got to keep his to this day. Older sister & younger brother - 4 out each, but they have a facial structure much more similar to my mum. Me, I resemble my dad more.

Then again, I've been pretty lucky all round with the dentist - no fillings, crowns, root canals, teeth pulled, braces or anything, it's all just worked itself out. There was that one time where I slipped coming out of the bath and bit the vanity benchtop, chipping off some of the front incisor, but a quick bit of angle grinder work at the dentist & she's all sweet. The dentist said the step in my tooth (on side is full length, the other side of the same tooth is about a mm shorter) would wear down after a few years naturally, but here I am 20 years later and it's still the same as the day he ground that side flat.

By the sounds of some of the stories in this thread, I'm glad I haven't had to get mine removed. Coming out in pieces with bits of jawbone - that made me throw up a little in my mouth.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Wouldn't speak too soon.

First time I ever saw a dentist was when I was 18. Got cleaned up, had one filling done and that was it. From then up until early 30's all was sweet, regular dentist visits, no foreseeable problems. I was congratulating myself that I had no issues with my teeth, apart from one small filling.

My brother in law got his out. My wife and myself laughed at his chipmunk head. Then my wife had issues and got hers out. I laughed heartily at her new appearance, well the best I could do over skype from the pilbara.

Then I noticed I started getting ulcers, right up the back next to the wisdom teeth. I do get a lot of ulcers so I dismissed it.

A few months on, after constant ulcers I was getting a bit concerned. One or two ulcers turned into five or six on each side, and everything was all cut up in there because the teeth were starting to sort of move. My mouth swelled up like I had been clobbered, I couldn't even eat properly. Figuring this wasn't going to go away by itself anytime soon, I went to the dentist who confirmed the problem.

Whilst I was there he did a clean. When he stuck that sharp hook thing right up the back I nearly jumped out of the chair. He wanted to clean the wisdom teeth. I wanted to know what the point was when they are coming out. He gave up eventually after I said if he insists I'm walking.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Wouldn't speak too soon.

First time I ever saw a dentist was when I was 18. Got cleaned up, had one filling done and that was it. From then up until early 30's all was sweet, regular dentist visits, no foreseeable problems. I was congratulating myself that I had no issues with my teeth, apart from one small filling.

My brother in law got his out. My wife and myself laughed at his chipmunk head. Then my wife had issues and got hers out. I laughed heartily at her new appearance, well the best I could do over skype from the pilbara.

Then I noticed I started getting ulcers, right up the back next to the wisdom teeth. I do get a lot of ulcers so I dismissed it.

A few months on, after constant ulcers I was getting a bit concerned. One or two ulcers turned into five or six on each side, and everything was all cut up in there because the teeth were starting to sort of move. My mouth swelled up like I had been clobbered, I couldn't even eat properly. Figuring this wasn't going to go away by itself anytime soon, I went to the dentist who confirmed the problem.

Whilst I was there he did a clean. When he stuck that sharp hook thing right up the back I nearly jumped out of the chair. He wanted to clean the wisdom teeth. I wanted to know what the point was when they are coming out. He gave up eventually after I said if he insists I'm walking.
Great..... Just ruin all my fun why don't you.

So what you're saying really is that no-one is safe. Ever. Damn teeth, who needs them anyway.

jett_e

Likes Bikes
I had an emergency dental appointment today to repair after a niggling tooth ache turned into an excruciating pain. He temporarily fixed it but quoted to fix up other issues which need to be attended to in the immediate future. 5 implants for $21,000 and they will be as good as new! Arghhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm very much over mashed vegies but I'm a massive flavour fan anyway so everything I eat has at least some kind of herb/chilli/garlic/citrus additions!

Apart from eating I'm pretty much functional, still having to essentially slurp food off a spoon because I can't get one in my mouth with food on it... public eating is completely out of the question at the moment.

Had a friend who wasn't able to go back to real food- ie. steak- for about a month and I'm hoping but dreading mine won't be the same! Managed some pasta the past two days, but it's bland as shit.
Sounds like it is time for the slow cooker and steak! Or lamb shanks. Or pork knuckle. Surely someone on here will do you a delivery!