Whisky!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A mate bought me a bottle of that Glenfarcias for my 50th, still remember the burn on the roof of my mouth. Nice drop though, very powerful
It is super strong for me. Considering I like Ardbeg then that says something.

Will have to give it more time but I can't myself getting stuck into it too much.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sounds like the dress code has been set!

It's a good one with a lot of flavour. If you want to try and mellow it out and to have a juicer, fresh apple juice and 105 go really well together over ice. Cinnamon optional.

Another accessible Islay is the Laphroaig 10.
Can you arrange some velvet wallpaper preferably in shades of brown and some matching red velvet cushions for the white swivel chairs. I'm on it.

Could picture Apple juice and cinnamon with 105. I can hear my Dad saying 'Stop it, you will kill it' in background but he thought ice or a drop of water in whisky was blasphemy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can you arrange some velvet wallpaper preferably in shades of brown and some matching red velvet cushions for the white swivel chairs. I'm on it.

Could picture Apple juice and cinnamon with 105. I can hear my Dad saying 'Stop it, you will kill it' in background but he thought ice or a drop of water in whisky was blasphemy.
Your dad wasn't wrong...but he wasn't always right either.

Play around with the 105, it's good stuff. Get a nice big brandy balloon for it and pretend you are in an advertisement for Cognac. Take it nice and slow and allow the drink to bloom for your sensory pleasure. And don't get it in your eye!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Your dad wasn't wrong...but he wasn't always right either.

Play around with the 105, it's good stuff. Get a nice big brandy balloon for it and pretend you are in an advertisement for Cognac. Take it nice and slow and allow the drink to bloom for your sensory pleasure. And don't get it in your eye!
Will take on your thoughts here Poods. Could be a lockdown project and I should look at it that way.

Keeping it out of your eye is the wisest advice I will hear today.

I would throw it all away for a 1960s cocktail night though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got a men card for you

Not sure if it's era correct though. Popular culture has made a mess of what was when with some things.

Your dad wasn't wrong...but he wasn't always right eithe

Play around with the 105, it's good stuff. Get a nice big brandy balloon for it and pretend you are in an advertisement for Cognac. Take it nice and slow and allow the drink to bloom for your sensory pleasure. And don't get it in your
eye!r.QUOTE]

One of the bar rooms at work was this very cheesy 60/70s era style cocktail bar. It had a big thick vinyl cushion wrap all the way around the bar for people to lean on and plush carpet. Sadly that room is currently being gutted and modernised. I thought some era specific events would have gone down very nicely. Smoking and sexual harassment excluded of course.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Never mind COVID, I think anti-smoking laws and the MeToo movement killed those off years ago!
Damn, totally forgot about the need for cigars and cigarettes in long cigarette holders while soft jazz plays in the background.

All the good things are gone now. I have no urge for a 1975 bogan night around a fire powered by splashes of 2 stroke.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have persisted with the Talisker 10YO, and I think my nose has become used to the dettol/gravel/burnt socks/ rotting seaweed fire/ ashtray/hooker pee aromas and flavour notes. I suspect that most whiskies I try next would taste sickly sweet in comparison. :p

EDIT: tonight I am sipping on a nip of the above, but in a stemless wine glass. I guess it's a bit like putting brandy in a balloon glass.
It has significantly changed the flavour of the whisky. go figure.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Anyone need some nice tumblers and decanter?

Other sets on sale as well, that wine deal is a cracker...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

That decanters certainly a lot classier than my current one that’s full of contraband Glenlivet.

3A348C45-04D5-4E4D-BBB1-3B3F348861E9.jpeg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Riedel make some great glassware. They also have a pretty good Instagram account. Personally I don't like tumblers for my whisky or other fancy spirits, I prefer a rounded shape that traps the aromas. But I did buy a crystal decanter from Myer recently as they had a fun big sale on! I haven't got anything in it yet.