Which bike should I buy?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Curve had an enormous following for catalogue frames.
I believe they now have their own designs, but definitely not manufactured here.

Their ability to stay relevant is impressive

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
$3.4k frame only for a trail HT ain't a bargain. Also not made in Australia (though that doesn't bother me specifically).
Huh, I guess I just assumed they were, lesson learnt (learned). The bargain bit was heavily laced with sarcasm though, I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on a ht frame.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Curve had an enormous following for catalogue frames.
I believe they now have their own designs, but definitely not manufactured here.

Their ability to stay relevant is impressive
They do do good bikes and invest a lot of time in design development etc, they're just not the "handmade custom" that people tend to interpret them as. They're in the realm of Van Nicholas/Lynskey etc, not Baum/Moots/other. My old man had a Belgie Spirit for a bit (was not the right bike for what he wanted to do) and it was really lovely, rode really well, great finish quality etc. Follow up support when it quickly became apparent that they'd sold him onto a Spirit when he went to them looking for something fast/zippy more like the old Dogma he was moving from was really underwhelming.