Whats the best beer you've had & why?

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
Probably already been said but mine is Sierra Nevada pale ale .Yum.Infact anything from Sierra Nevada is lovely.
My brother in law is based in SanFran and he gets 6packs of SN for between 6 and 8 us dollars compared to $24 here in lovely Perth.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
VB - It was 40deg on a fishing trip and we had run out of all liquids. Cast the last lines out and started packing the other stuff away ready to head back. Someone had packed a six pack in one of those soft shell esky bag things. It might only be VB, but it was the best tasting beer I've had by a mile.

I usually go for Hooegarden.
This guy. 12 hours in a 45deg kitchen 4000+ customers = vbs in the sun

Been loving the oettingers lately. Hard to argue with $16 for 6 pints of reasonable German beers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Absolutely anything by the Thirsty Crow Brewpub in Wagga Wagga!

Particularly the ESB = English Summer Beer or "Murder" Pilsener

Also some cool XC trails if you're passing by

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Also.... someone here may be able to help out...

Looking for a delicious beer with an ano purple coloured cap for my Niner YAWYD

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You're a disgrace Akland. I will report you to the ninerds for colour co-ordinating your beer cap - pedal dammit is the stick, the YAWYD is the carrot - favourite beer goes here.

Pass till likeling James squires hop thief ....

MasterOfReality

After forever
Probably already been said but mine is Sierra Nevada pale ale .Yum.Infact anything from Sierra Nevada is lovely.
My brother in law is based in SanFran and he gets 6packs of SN for between 6 and 8 us dollars compared to $24 here in lovely Perth.
Yes! I had this when we were in California (I think it was when we stopped at Cambria for the night after having a look at Hearst Castle). The bar maid recommended it to me as they had a huge range of beers and I had nfi.

Been trying to remember the name of it but your post did it for me.

indica

Serial flasher
Big Eye IPA.
Has to be the best commercially available IPA.
Big, bitter, nasty, dank.

No fruit. Just pine.
I love it.

Beej1

I love Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. But the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale I had in the Sierra Nevadas, in Downievlle after just riding the Downieville Classic trail, in the local Mexican joint, was the best beer I've ever had. Closely followed by the Modelo I had straight after that.

Hools

Likes Dirt
Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale. I was in Margaret River the other week and the local bottle shop has a massive beer selection, most of which i hadn't heard of. I got stuck on the Samuel Smith range of beers but was most impressed by the Organic Pale Ale. Malty, caramely and rich.
Brewed in England in slate tubs or so it says on the bottle. $8 for a 550ml bottle is not cheap, but its the best beer I've had in a long while.

clydesmcdale

Likes Bikes
Brought a couple of fresh Green Flash West Coast IPA back from the states over Christmas.... Soooo good.

Also a few Stone Ruinations that blew my mind.

Mitto68

Likes Bikes
Hargreaves Hill pale ale and Abbey Dubbel. The Abbey Dubbel is cellar door only but if you get the chance and your out in the yarra valley drop into the brewery, its definately worth it!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coopers Pale is still my staple.

Got a soft spot for Coopers Dark Ale at the moment too.

I've been meaning to mix things up of late but haven't really had the chance. Been picking off a few single stubbies when I come across something different. Nothing has been that outstanding.

Any suggestions for stouts and other dark alses?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coopers Pale is still my staple.

Got a soft spot for Coopers Dark Ale at the moment too.

I've been meaning to mix things up of late but haven't really had the chance. Been picking off a few single stubbies when I come across something different. Nothing has been that outstanding.

Any suggestions for stouts and other dark alses?
Love the cold weather and dark beer, Coopers Best Extra Stout, Zywiec Porter and Southwark Stout on the heavy but easily available side.

Burleigh Black Giraffe, St Peters Cream Stout, Unibroue Terrible, Moo Brew Stout, Happy Goblin Stout, Three Boys Oyster Stout, Budvar Dark Lager, Dieu de Ciel Aphrodisiaque, Browar Amber Grand Imperial Porter are a few others to keep an eye out for.

I've done a shitload of tastings lately but haven't been bothered to put them up here. The Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Pretzel, Raspberry and Chocolate ale was interesting but the new brews from Italy are just killing it.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Coopers & Cascade Stouts are both pretty decent as far as "mass-produced" stuff goes. Sierra Nevada (Californian craft brewery) do a Stout & a Porter, which are both pretty yummy (readily available at Dan Murphy's). Get acquainted with youlr local specialty bottle-o, often they'll get rare stuff that the big mobs don't get 'cos of the small volumes. Maybe a little early in the season, but keep your eyes peeled for the Imperial Stouts that pop up from the small breweries in winter. Some of them are utterly phenomenal.