Whats the best beer you've had & why?

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Rogue has got to be one of the worst brews i ever had. Was the first refreshing beverage i ever poured down a drain. :tsk:
Great names for everything, but tastes like soot and poo. Used to be rather local for me.
Wash your mouth out with soap son! I never want to hear the words "rogue" and "worst" used in the same sentence again! :eek:

Which rogue beer did you not like?

All the ones I've had are superb:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bacon flavoured beer.

That's really all you need to know but for those of you who want to know more, it's actually rather lovely. The smoked malts and bacon flavouring give it a lovely little salty edge that complements the sweetness of the subtle maple syrup flavour. I've had two of these bad boys since first discovering them and I think they're slightly habit-forming.

There is also a chocolate peanut butter + banana beer from the same line. It's alright but not as good as the bacon. At $19 a bottle they're pretty pricey (although the bottles are big) and I reckon you could achieve a similar taste for less $$$ by just mixing a bottle of Wells Banana Bread beer with a Young's double chocolate stout.
I see your Bacon Maple, heres the Chocolate, peanut butter and banana.
VoodooDonut ChocPeanutBanana.jpg

Rogue Brewery 'Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Ale' 5.3%abv
Deep dark brown with no windows, a dense creamy brown head and lively small bead. Explodes and assaults the senses with sweet sickly chocolate and banana with peanut butter and sweet malt. Smooth and full bodied with some sharp tangy edges and sweet cloying nutty choc banana. This is like nothing else I have ever tried before, just does my head in. In one way I'm glad it is pushing boundaries but at the same time it makes me feel ill, and I can't stop drinking it because it was so damn expensive. There is more in the aroma than flavour but there is definitely the sweet rich malt, chocolate, peanut butter and banana extracts and a lightly bitter bite on the back palate. It probably took an enormous amount of work to make this happen, hard to miss in a bright pink bottle but you probably should. This is definitely not for everyone, some would say anyone at all.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Wash your mouth out with soap son! I never want to hear the words "rogue" and "worst" used in the same sentence again! :eek:

Which rogue beer did you not like?

All the ones I've had are superb:beer::beer::beer::beer:

We had several. The only one i can find now (or remember?) is Dead Guy Ale... they all had pirate type names. Which is why we bought them.
Believe me, this is the worst of the local micro brewerys in the Pacific Northwest. We, or I anyway, found Rogue was all about the 'look how cool I am cuz I'm from oregon and you don't know where that is, haha ur a dick!' so everything is just made to be shock appealing instead of good ?

www.pyramidbrew.com This is my favorite non-european one.

scblack

Leucocholic

Bacon flavoured beer.

That's really all you need to know but for those of you who want to know more, it's actually rather lovely. The smoked malts and bacon flavouring give it a lovely little salty edge that complements the sweetness of the subtle maple syrup flavour. I've had two of these bad boys since first discovering them and I think they're slightly habit-forming.

There is also a chocolate peanut butter + banana beer from the same line. It's alright but not as good as the bacon. At $19 a bottle they're pretty pricey (although the bottles are big) and I reckon you could achieve a similar taste for less $$$ by just mixing a bottle of Wells Banana Bread beer with a Young's double chocolate stout.
WHO does their product positioning/design and particularly their COLOUR????

If I am down at the Rugby Club, no f*cking way am I going to order a beer in a PINK bottle. They've got rocks in their heads.

It might be good beer, but I don't want to buy a metrosexual trendoid product. I just want a bloody beer, and if it looks like an alcopop I'm not interested.

Rant over.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
...'look how cool I am cuz I'm from oregon and you don't know where that is, haha ur a dick!'...

www.pyramidbrew.com This is my favorite non-european one.
Haha, very true!

I just have a little soft spot for them :p

I've had;
Yellow Snow ipa
Dead guy
Juniper pale ale
Dad's little helper dark ipa

..and I loved every drop :D

I'll check out that piramid brew, cheers

Matt H

Eats Squid
To all the students, bludgers and otherwise financially challenged out there, what's your go to bargain beer?

I'm a sucker for Henninger. Full strength and $12 a six pack or low 30s for a carton. Better than most domestic beers for the price, IMO.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To all the students, bludgers and otherwise financially challenged out there, what's your go to bargain beer?

I'm a sucker for Henninger. Full strength and $12 a six pack or low 30s for a carton. Better than most domestic beers for the price, IMO.
Bit more expensive ($16-18 a six), but Coopers 62. And 1.4 a bottle :)

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Beer geeks, I need to buy a case (or two) of cans. Can anyone recommend some cans that don't taste like musty arsehole?

Qantas have Squire in cans but I haven't seen it available for purchase elsewhere...

Beer geeks, I need to buy a case (or two) of cans. Can anyone recommend some cans that don't taste like musty arsehole?

Qantas have Squire in cans but I haven't seen it available for purchase elsewhere...
Mountain Goat Brewery in Melb have just put a really nice brew into cans. Can't tell you if its available in queensland yet.
Also the Australian Brewery in western Sydney has most of there range available in cans, my first choice to take camping.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Mountain Goat Brewery in Melb have just put a really nice brew into cans. Can't tell you if its available in queensland yet.
Also the Australian Brewery in western Sydney has most of there range available in cans, my first choice to take camping.
Thanks mate, just stopped at my local craft brew shop - he had some very exxy japanese beer in cans, the Mountain Goat is going to be available the day after I leave - dammit!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a bit ashamed I haven't posted here for a while, especially when I have had some fantastic brews over the past month or so.

Just found this though, I'll have to wait a little while as $110 shipped is going to eat up my pocket money. Congratulations Scotland, the strongest beer title is back again with this.
http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...beer-contains-675-alcohol-20131029-2wcv0.html

A few to look out for though, reviews may follow:

Founders Breakfast Stout
Craig Allen 'Cuvee D' Oscar'
Innis & Gunn Canadian Cherrywood
Parrot Dog Bitter Bitch
Rogue Dads Little Helper
Killer Sprocket Amber Ale

indica

Serial flasher

Big, bold. Hops... dry hopped by the bucket load. Not overly bitter, thick in the mouth... malty.

Yummy.

Umm... Bitterness Units 67.
Upfront bitterness, taken away by the crystal malt.

Alcohol innit...

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
Erdinger Weissbier brewed and bottled in Munich.
That is the one Vettel would have had on the weekend to celebrate with his German mates.