What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Largest ride so far on my Firebird.
Lake Mountain Cascades trail, but rode it up to the start for 52km and 1574m. And still some how smashed some PBs on the descent.
Phark, rode up to the start. The only time we rode it, we started at the bottom and rode up, no idea how far we got, pre Garmin, but no way were we anywhere near the start. Yep, you’re a machine for sure.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today, for us, was a cruisy beachside ride with our grandson on the ‘kids ride shotgun’ seat on my bike… all single track, other than one section of beach.

When that was done, I rode with him to the top of a nearby roadside section of single track and Sue took the car, and handed over his balance bike. He then rode the descent with me, to Sue waiting in the car.

Then it was ice creams all around up at Red Hill.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Partly wdydtwfybt and partly cotfw...

Eldest son was complaining that his bike was making a weird noise yesterday.
Initially we thought it was a small stick that got caught up in the rear wheel, but after removing it the sound persisted.
When we got home I decided to check the chain "stretch" with a chain checker...hmmm, straight to 1.0
Oops. New chain on and it's nice and quiet.

The littlest canary wanted to help fix his balance bike. So he got out his real-but-kids-size tool box and proceeded to acquaint himself with what sized Allen keys go where.
We fixed the squonky brake and then put a new saddle on his pedal bike. He did the obligatory "driveway test" and declared the job a success.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Riding the NZ Gravity Enduro Nationals course from the weekend at Cable Bay, albeit in slightly different conditions to what they raced as it hadn't rained for 2months until yesterday... Good bit of moisture in the ground which made for some sphincter puckering moments down some steep switch back chutes... But also some amazing dirt in other parts...I think I'd prefer this to dust.
3 tracks = 1200vm... Back for more tommorow.
PSX_20240305_185517.jpg

PSX_20240305_185645.jpg

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Had planned to go out on Saturday morning but it got to Friday night and I really couldn't be bothered and ended up falling asleep on the couch at 830 - a week of training, poor sleep and quite frankly some mental issues meant the drive wasn't there, particularly as none of my usual group were out either.
A pretty shit weekend followed (mainly caused by me tbh) but luckily yesterday was a public holiday out here in the Wild West and I had enough drive to pump my tires and suspension up and charge my bike.
It was drizzling on the way to the trails - for the first time in months - but luckily when I got to Kalamunda it was only foggy. 20km of a fairly sedate ride followed and I could really feel the tension lift off my shoulders and the smile start to widen. Bike was riding well - 5 extra psi in the rear shock made a fair difference and despite not being in the saddle for 5 weeks I didn't feel too bad either.
had to stop and clean my sunnies a fair bit, and sacrificed some blood to the trail gods (again) when my pedal pins took some chunks out of my shins but for a while I felt great.

Most of the rest of the weekend sucked, this was definitely a highlight

1709625219342.png

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
MTB Racing last night, pretty standard, however my Nephew comes up to me at the end of the race and says "I bent my derailleur" - as his official bike mechanic I though "no worries straighten out the hanger and we'll be good to go". Shows me the damage.... Nope hanger is perfectly fine but he has managed to bend the derailleur cage 90 degrees (i..e halfway between the two jockey wheels) without doing any other damage anywhere else. I'm not even sure how that's possible.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It broke the derailleur before the hanger, that's pretty shit.
Came over a root fest on the river trail at Sturt Gorge, @Ackland will know the section, big root ruts next to the river, collected a log with a small branch sticking out on exit, punched on the mech right at the broken point at slow speed, I seen it coming.
UDH... Would have been a better $15 fix than ~$200.